Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 04:00 PM

3 posts, read 18,172 times

Advertisements

Im asian(korean) and something I have notice over a period of time. Is that black men in general are more confident in themselves. Than men in other races for some reason. Black men have a certain swagger about them that other men don't exhibit. I have dated white and asian men before so this is from my own personal experience. My current boyfnend is black. I have heard other races of women say the same thing about the confidence factor. Why don't asian and white men feel as confident about themselves like black men? When I have seen attractive white or asian men that I liked. I almost have to stare at them and say ''hey i think you are cute''. And still most are scared to approach me. When I see a attractive black guy I like. I usually just have to smile one time or look. And they come up and talk to me. Why is that?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:13 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,865,919 times
it has to do with the individual, not a race.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:22 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,688,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrun View Post
Im asian(korean) and something I have notice over a period of time. Is that black men in general are more confident in themselves. Than men in other races for some reason. Black men have a certain swagger about them that other men don't exhibit. I have dated white and asian men before so this is from my own personal experience. My current boyfnend is black. I have heard other races of women say the same thing about the confidence factor. Why don't asian and white men feel as confident about themselves like black men? When I have seen attractive white or asian men that I liked. I almost have to stare at them and say ''hey i think you are cute''. And still most are scared to approach me. When I see a attractive black guy I like. I usually just have to smile one time or look. And they come up and talk to me. Why is that?
You like it when guys cut to the chase like that? You don't like a little "peek a boo" flirting?

Old 09-18-2008, 05:02 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,522,467 times
On the flip side of the coin I have found that latina women are the most confident and straightforward when it comes to meeting and dating compared to other races of women. They play the fewest head games by far and always tell you what is on their minds!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:08 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,515,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
On the flip side of the coin I have found that latina women are the most confident and straightforward when it comes to meeting and dating compared to other races of women. They play the fewest head games by far and always tell you what is on their minds!
I'll agree with that, just don't get them angry...I know

Old 09-18-2008, 05:09 PM

145 posts, read 247,482 times
'Size' seems to grant a certain degree of confidence ya know ....

Old 09-18-2008, 07:12 PM

564 posts, read 893,559 times
I think that was a typo. Did you mean to say confinement?

Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrun View Post
Because when a white man approaches a woman like that, they're considered scum (along with the woman who responds to it.) However, when a black man does it, he's forgiven because no one really expects anything better.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:00 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,898,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Because when a white man approaches a woman like that, they're considered scum (along with the woman who responds to it.) However, when a black man does it, he's forgiven because no one really expects anything better.
True, and he has to hit quick before his other three pregnant girlfrinds find out he's at it again..
their motto is hit and run, let someone else raise the kids I leave behind...

Old 09-18-2008, 08:11 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,688,487 times
I think it all boils down to the "react now, think later" mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.