Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 09:04 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,237,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
um...did I mention Clinton in that post? I voted for Bush twice. The GOP was in charge for six of the past eight years, and they were Bush's rubber stamp.

You are right though that Democrats weren't helpful at all. Both parties are to blame, but the party in charge bears more because they were in charge.
mmmmm.... that would be the media?

Avoid the race baits, religious hangups, sexist agendas and political quandries…

Vote Libertarian

Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,520,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
How could one man, Bush, get the entire country into such a mess?
With a ton of help from the democratic congress!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,653,722 times
no ONE person has the power to accomplish anything in government. you can look at your local government to see this. It is by majority rules. right or wrong, that is how we do things here.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:19 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
With a ton of help from the democratic congress!
Most of the time it was a Republican Congress, and when it changed there were a lot of wishy washy Democrats, but the Commander-in-Cheif was guess who

Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 AM

28,954 posts, read 30,307,663 times
Quote:
Most of the time it was a Republican Congress, and when it changed there were a lot of wishy washy Democrats, but the Commander-in-Cheif was guess who

hog wash, it's both sides....both sides....and if that were true, don't you think one side would be going after another legally? How much does it take to wake you guys up who are die hard party followers...or vote for that party b/c that was your parents culture? Come on, and think, please, wake up...

It is both sides....

Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,113 times
Quote:
He couldn't, and he didn't.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,487,505 times
Quote:
Orignally Posted by: Cremebrulee
who ya gonna vote for, they give us nothing in the way of competence, not to mention, if a good guy ran, they'd smear him or he'd end up like Kennedy, b/c way to many corrupt politicians have way to much to loose...I'm sorry to sound so cynical....but they are proving more and more greedy, corrupt and self imposed.

James Buchanan was bad, yes, but just wait until Bush is out of office and all the stuff starts coming out about him....

and none of the candidates presently running are any better....

how in the world, are they going to give us this and that, as they are promising change, with no MONEY???????

oh, and while we're on the subject of stupidity....can you believe anyone in their right mind, would have the nerve to say, they are voting for McCain, b/c Sara is a woman?????????????? I mean, I actually heard women say the same for Hillary?????

Good God, what have we become?
I don't know who I'm voting for. I've gone back and forth so much I lost track. I feel a duty to vote, but I don't feel completely comfortable with either candidate. Obama's spending programs (with no money) scare the hell out of me, but so do the prospects of another war.

I need to start studying the Roman Republic. I have a feeling there are parallells there somewhere

Old 10-08-2008, 09:31 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,646,914 times
The same question could be asked...How could one man get the country in such a mess? of Jimmy Carter. The fact is no one person in our executive branch has the sole power to dictate the direction of policy. It's a group effort.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,549,412 times
Quote:
Hundreds and hundreds of lies, not little white lies, but whoppers.

Fear mongering, successfully keeping the cowards amongst us with their heads down so that don't see the true agenda.

Ignore facts and reality, be it intelligence information or proven science

Shoot from the hip decision making, I offer the bailout as his most recent

Ignore the Constitution, wire tapping, habaes corpus, power grab of powers not provided for the office.

A vice president that is truly a very evil and ruthless bastard, and the puppet master.

Appointing corrupt and/or incompetent cabinet members, Rumsfeld, Brown, etc.

Just not giving a damn about anyone outside of his circle of wealthy supporters. i.e. New Orleans

Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,883,659 times
Damn, all the things I especially like about W. Just because the media puts bad connotations on it and you lap it up like, well a lap dog, doesnt mean people who can think for themselves buy the talking points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies