Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:35 AM

485 posts, read 1,839,733 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine is a real Bush hater. He always said that if he had a chance meeting with George W Bush he would tell him off and say right to his face how terrible of President he was.

Well a few days ago he actually met the President and had a chance to tell him off right to his face. He spent about thirty seconds making small talk with Bush at a political event.

So did he tell old George Bush off and state how terrible he was. ...... NO! He got flustered with all the officals, media and Secret Service around and was overly friendly and familiar with him. He said George Bush seems so nice and has tons of charisma and presence.

Bush haters, would you tell him off if you ever met him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 07:44 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,947,764 times
With politeness, courtesy and respect. Just because I disagree with many things he has done, doesn't mean I should be a moron by being rude, hateful, and arrogant.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
#1 I don't hate him, hate requires far too much energy for a return of zero. But I do believe he's done great harm to the nation.

If I met him face to face I'd tell him I believe his greatest failure as POTUS was to not fill his Cabinet with those of differing viewpoints and LISTEN!

Ousting Colin Powell was IMO a horrible waste of a potentially great asset.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:26 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,022,795 times
I'd say hi and keep it moving..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
A friend of mine is a real Bush hater. He always said that if he had a chance meeting with George W Bush he would tell him off and say right to his face how terrible of President he was.

Well a few days ago he actually met the President and had a chance to tell him off right to his face. He spent about thirty seconds making small talk with Bush at a political event.

So did he tell old George Bush off and state how terrible he was. ...... NO! He got flustered with all the officals, media and Secret Service around and was overly friendly and familiar with him. He said George Bush seems so nice and has tons of charisma and presence.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,242,543 times
One man cannot bring a country down. One person does not have that sort of power, regardless of the power of the office. It takes more than one man. It takes a 'village." A village of Senators and House Reps and others. I find it laughable that Congress is holding hearings on the crooks of the financial crisis: CEO AIG, et al, when they were in on the game...a game that spans well beyond the Bush Administration. There is never simply a linear answer to the question of "who done it?" Lots of people "done it" and I dare say the genesis goes back a few administrations.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:35 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,778,320 times
I think most people fail to understand a separation here, or maybe I am just different than most "Bush haters". I don't hate Bush as a person. If I were to meet him in person (in a normal setting), I'd probably buy him a drink and have a very cordial conversation. But, I do hate the direction in which he has led this country into as I have a different belief set and theory of how our country should be run. I also hate some of the decisions he has made. I also wish he could "speak better" when representing our nation to the world. I think his tenure has served our nation very badly. I don't hate the man, but I think he has done a bad job. However, that does not mean that I would act in an incordial way towards him. I might protest his administration, but would not protest the man in a one on one, friendly setting. In fact, I can see him being a nice, entertaining guy. He just should have been a Texas cowboy instead of the POTUS.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:44 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,103 times
Most people do not hate Bush as a person. It is his lack of action on key issues, his stubbornness at refusing to recognize mistakes and missteps, and his simplistic yet extremist views that get under most people's skin.

I personally would ignore him. When he looks back at his life in his final moments, the grief and regret he experiences will not be something I would wish on anybody, so I pity him. I reserve hatred for the subhumans pulling his strings.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post

Of course your friend was polite! Do you think for one instance if he would've said one negative remark he wouldn't have been wisked away by SS ????

Besides, bush is STUPID and UNCARING....why bother telling the little weasel off....he wouldn't get it and if he did it's quite obvious he doesn't care...he even SAID he didn't care what Americans thought...

So, NO, I would just ignore him.....he isn't worth talking to...

Old 10-09-2008, 09:49 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
I'd shake his hand, have a conversation. I'd only challenge him if he said something pointedly offensive.......and even then I would be civil about it.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,947,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
One man cannot bring a country down. One person does not have that sort of power, regardless of the power of the office. It takes more than one man. It takes a 'village." A village of Senators and House Reps and others. I find it laughable that Congress is holding hearings on the crooks of the financial crisis: CEO AIG, et al, when they were in on the game...a game that spans well beyond the Bush Administration. There is never simply a linear answer to the question of "who done it?" Lots of people "done it" and I dare say the genesis goes back a few administrations.
That one kind of made me turn my head to the side as well considering all of the available documentation, C-Span videos, and issues in the past concerning foul play by key democrats on the issue. Its like they think that we don't know, or that we are too stupid to look up the facts. What urks me is when they get all angry claiming a major injustice when they themselves have been doing the same for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies