Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-07-2011, 02:05 PM
 
23,838 posts, read 23,053,009 times
Reputation: 9407

Advertisements

Quote:
It seems a memory from a distant time: A charismatic Sen. Barack Obama, railing against the war in Iraq to rapturous cheers from anti-war voters; the campaign trail crowds overflowing with electrified activists, many convinced he shared their opposition to the use of force. A supremely self-assured Obama declaring he would hold face-to-face meetings with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Cuba and North Korea; his rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton, calling him "irresponsible -- and frankly naïve."
Quote:
He was supposed to be the "Kumbaya" president. Instead, Obama has come to embrace the use of force as much as any of his predecessors.
Quote:
This is not what his anti-war supporters had in mind or what the Nobel committee envisioned when it rushed to award him the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009. But Obama, too, probably counts himself among the disappointed.
He had vowed to repair the damage America's image suffered in the Bush years through skillful diplomacy. But the effort has largely failed.
Is anyone surprised? Raise your hand.

And how about this humdinger?

Quote:
His Cairo speech to the Muslim world in June 2009 briefly improved America's image. By now, however, favorable ratings for the U.S. in most Arab countries have fallen below their disastrous levels at the end of the Bush administration, according to a poll conducted in July by Zogby for the Arab American Institute. Opinion of the president has plummeted into single digits in most Arab countries, says the survey. A Pew Global survey in May showed Obama remains deeply unpopular in every Muslim nation surveyed except Indonesia, where he lived as a child.
He's toast.

Obama gets the hang of war - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
 
129 posts, read 153,831 times
Reputation: 46
lol, if you take a poll of the People of all the countries, you would find that in reality nobody likes the USA. For various reasons. So how could Obama fix this countries image with other countries. And how the hell can we fix our position with other countries when we cant seem to work on our selves.


Simple solution, which really does not impact our relations to other countries, since they really all do hate us. Pull all of our foreign aid, and work on our selves. Simple psychiatric therapy resolution. You cant fix others if you dont work on yourself first. And this country is in crucial need of attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2011, 02:28 PM
 
23,838 posts, read 23,053,009 times
Reputation: 9407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossjr79 View Post
lol, if you take a poll of the People of all the countries, you would find that in reality nobody likes the USA. For various reasons. So how could Obama fix this countries image with other countries. And how the hell can we fix our position with other countries when we cant seem to work on our selves.


Simple solution, which really does not impact our relations to other countries, since they really all do hate us. Pull all of our foreign aid, and work on our selves. Simple psychiatric therapy resolution. You cant fix others if you dont work on yourself first. And this country is in crucial need of attention.
I agree with you. But it sounds like you've made an under the table attempt to absolve Obama of his sky high rhetoric. Can you clarify whether you believe Obama was naive or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2011, 02:33 PM
 
3,045 posts, read 3,184,288 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is anyone surprised? Raise your hand.

And how about this humdinger?



He's toast.

Obama gets the hang of war - CNN.com
It's pretty sad that you're so unable to come up with your own opinions that you have to paste those of others. I guess some people don't bother with personal responsibility and didn't bother to get educated.

By the way, didn't Reagan have face to face meetings with the Soviets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 PM
 
23,838 posts, read 23,053,009 times
Reputation: 9407
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
It's pretty sad that you're so unable to come up with your own opinions that you have to paste those of others. I guess some people don't bother with personal responsibility and didn't bother to get educated.

By the way, didn't Reagan have face to face meetings with the Soviets?
LOL...can we say "deflection?"

Judging from your post I can pull together two things:

1) You bought into Obama's rhetoric and it pains you to have pie in your face. It appears that the author was talking directly to you!

2) You didn't really read close enough. Reagan did meet with the Soviets. The problem here is that Obama HASN'T met with his overseas counterparts that he so naively thought would melt at the mere assertion of meeting with him face to face. Not only has he not had face to face meetings, they didn't melt at his feet! OOOPS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
 
3,045 posts, read 3,184,288 times
Reputation: 1307
Whatever you're pulling is coming straight out of your rear end. I'm surprised you didn't have to look up an article and get someone else's opinions to post about what I said. That I think your post is infantile, poorly though out and gives some pretty clear indications that you're just an emotional partisan doesn't require that I'm of any political persuasion. An intelligent person would realize this.

Put together an intelligent post of your own thoughts and you'll get better responses from people than just pasting someone else's opinion that panders to your own bias and emotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2011, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,420 posts, read 10,783,532 times
Reputation: 7801
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is anyone surprised? Raise your hand.

And how about this humdinger?



He's toast.

Obama gets the hang of war - CNN.com
Did he serve? Guess I must have missed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,893 posts, read 18,387,825 times
Reputation: 6465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossjr79 View Post
lol, if you take a poll of the People of all the countries, you would find that in reality nobody likes the USA. For various reasons. So how could Obama fix this countries image with other countries. And how the hell can we fix our position with other countries when we cant seem to work on our selves.


Simple solution, which really does not impact our relations to other countries, since they really all do hate us. Pull all of our foreign aid, and work on our selves. Simple psychiatric therapy resolution. You cant fix others if you dont work on yourself first. And this country is in crucial need of attention.


Sad but true. But in a Crisis, what the hell Country do they call, yeah we know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
 
23,838 posts, read 23,053,009 times
Reputation: 9407
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Whatever you're pulling is coming straight out of your rear end. I'm surprised you didn't have to look up an article and get someone else's opinions to post about what I said. That I think your post is infantile, poorly though out and gives some pretty clear indications that you're just an emotional partisan doesn't require that I'm of any political persuasion. An intelligent person would realize this.

Put together an intelligent post of your own thoughts and you'll get better responses from people than just pasting someone else's opinion that panders to your own bias and emotion.
Your hyperbole does not effect me in the slightest. I'm waiting on you to defend Obama. Can you do it? Can you criticize him? Afterall, he's the one who cast his Net of Naivete right over you. Did you find your way out of it, or are you still stuck?

Let's hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top