Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Its his religiouys belief that certain birthcontrol is not right. Thatt's his privilege protected by teh constition. Taht;s also none of big governamnt s business per the constitution. Why not just get someone who does have that belief to dispanse them to you. Just as Obama says that late term abortion is worng and he would support it.
Here's the thing, you go into a profession knowing certain things. These patients are also protected under certain rights. The right for pharmacists & doctors to not judge them based on their own assinine religious beliefs & to do the job that they took on when they began. You don't like it? Don't go into a profession that you think you may have a problem treating certain people because of your beliefs, simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 07:14 PM

257 posts, read 1,059,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
It actually does. Giving people an easy out for being promiscuous is just another way of advocating idiocy and a decline of personal responsibility. if you don't want kids, then don't have sex. Some people can't stand the thought of having to deal with consequences to their actions
The bolded is one of the most amusing things I have ever read. Thanks for brightening my day

Old 10-20-2008, 08:06 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,522,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
The bolded is one of the most amusing things I have ever read. Thanks for brightening my day
Some things are so simple aren't they? People tend to make life way more difficult than it needs to be.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,358,196 times
Quote:
Some things are so simple aren't they? People tend to make life way more difficult than it needs to be.
so not only can people not have sex before marriage, but now married people can't have sex at all until they're 100% ready to raise a kid? since condoms do break and you people are so against BC, I guess that's the only choice a married couple has: don't have sex until you're ready to have a child. and god forbid you and your spouse has made the decision to not have kids! I guess they should just go through the painful procedures of being sterilized!

yours must be a sad, sexless marriage.

I'm not pro-abortion (are people even admittedly pro-abortion?) and I fully believe in personal responsibility, but mistakes happens, things break or don't work 100% of the time, and sadly, not everyone has sex willingly. they should have a back up option, a "Plan B"

and I agree w/ the past posts, if Walmart is the only game in town, it should be required to carry BC and Plan B. since 9 times to of 10, it's Walmart's fault that it's the only game in town. if it doesn't want to stock BC, set up further away from established businesses that will or don't otherwise intrude on their business by including a pharmacy (since there isn't a sinlge private pharmacy on Earth that can match the buying power of Walmart)

Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
Quote:
I don't think religious people want you forcing your beliefs on them either!
And exactly how does this happen?
By asking you that you keep your religion to yourself, and out of my laws and off of my body?

Who cares what you believe, for you?
I don't care at all about your religion, believe what you want.
Don't bring it near me.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:33 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,260,955 times
That article was from March 2006. Do you have updated info on this?

IMO, just as it is a woman's right to choose, it is a pharmacist's right to work in a different store, or I guess in this case, a store's right carry whatever products they want.

If you're old enough to have sex, you're old enough to get pregggars but then again, who am I to judge. Who is anyone to judge?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:56 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,497,905 times
Quote:
No sex before marriage?

Is that even realistic in the year 2008?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,522,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And exactly how does this happen?
By asking you that you keep your religion to yourself, and out of my laws and off of my body?

Who cares what you believe, for you?
I don't care at all about your religion, believe what you want.
Don't bring it near me.
That's ok, don't spew your liberal beliefs to me then, who cares what you believe either

Old 10-21-2008, 04:39 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,737,501 times
Quote:
That's ok, don't spew your liberal beliefs to me then, who cares what you believe either
I fail to see how spewing liberal beliefs to you is affecting you in any way---are you being forced to go to WalMart and purchase Plan B? Are you being forced to have sex other than for procreation? You STILL haven't answered how PLan B is murder---why? Because you have nothing better to do than to hold a holier-than-thou you-are-trash-unless-you-live-by-my-standards attitude, no?

Truly, get over yourself.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,358,196 times
Quote:
you know, my liberal beliefs affect your day to day life FAR less than your beliefs affect mine and others. it doesn't affect your day to day life if Walmart provides BC and Plan B, it won't affect your day to day life if the loal pharmacist provides BC and Plan B. but it would affect my life if a pharmacist restricted my access to BC or Plan B b/c of their belief.

I find that uber-religious beliefs such as yours tend to impact other people's lives outside of your own more often than liberal beliefs. it's not so much that you disagree w/ something, you guys have to go out and ban things you don't agree w/, which impacts other people around you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies