Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In the 1945, Christians murdered over a quarter of a million Japanese in a single day, and then went back three days later and did it again.

"War is the terrorism of the rich. Terrorism is the war of the poor".
Wrong....

That was total war brough about by the Japanese and Germans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 06:34 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
This poster singles out the Muslim religion on a regular basis.

I'm simply providing a contrast, that all Muslims are not evil, and there are a lot of Muslims dying for our country right now.

Especially after the snarky "religion of peace" comments.
Definitely not; all Muslims are not evil. I know several and they are some of the most decent people I have ever met in my life. In fact, I'd trust them with my life.

I don't think this needs to be an "all Muslim" issue as much as it is a religious zealot issue. These are extremists, and not part of the Muslim mainstream.

However, Muslims do need to step up and decry these things, and many do. I just wish there were more.

But the bottom line is that the majority (the vast majority) of Muslims are good people. I don't agree with their religion, but so what? They don't agree with me either and we'll just have to peacefully disagree and discuss things with civility.

Just my opinion folks...

Old 10-21-2008, 07:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Definitely not; all Muslims are not evil. I know several and they are some of the most decent people I have ever met in my life. In fact, I'd trust them with my life.

I don't think this needs to be an "all Muslim" issue as much as it is a religious zealot issue. These are extremists, and not part of the Muslim mainstream.

However, Muslims do need to step up and decry these things, and many do. I just wish there were more.

But the bottom line is that the majority (the vast majority) of Muslims are good people. I don't agree with their religion, but so what? They don't agree with me either and we'll just have to peacefully disagree and discuss things with civility.

Just my opinion folks...

I agree with that, but I also think that the palestinian situation figures prominently into it as well....and that is a gap I don't know how we would or could bridge.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:56 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
In the 1945, Christians murdered over a quarter of a million Japanese in a single day, and then went back three days later and did it again.
".
Murder, huh?

Did you learn those "facts" in school?

Old 10-22-2008, 05:42 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Murder, huh?

Agreed! The PC term to use is "acceptable collateral damage".

A little Shock and Awe x 1000, eh.

We had to see if those things really worked though.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 AM

500 posts, read 703,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

Just my opinion folks...
That's the bottom line. Why do some of you (Liberals) find it so hard to understand it?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:44 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
That's the bottom line. Why do some of you (Liberals) find it so hard to understand it?
again.

Quote:
Mustafa Mashhur, General Guide, Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt; Qazi Hussain Ahmed, Ameer, Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan, Pakistan; Muti Rahman Nizami, Ameer, Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh, Bangladesh; Shaykh Ahmad Yassin, Founder, Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), Palestine; Rashid Ghannoushi, President, Nahda Renaissance Movement, Tunisia; Fazil Nour, President, PAS - Parti Islam SeMalaysia, Malaysia; and 40 other Muslim scholars and politicians:
“The undersigned, leaders of Islamic movements, are horrified by the events of Tuesday 11 September 2001 in the United States which resulted in massive killing, destruction and attack on innocent lives. We express our deepest sympathies and sorrow. We condemn, in the strongest terms, the incidents, which are against all human and Islamic norms. This is grounded in the Noble Laws of Islam which forbid all forms of attacks on innocents. God Almighty says in the Holy Qur'an: 'No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another' (Surah al-Isra 17:15).”
Quote:
Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi, Qatar; Tariq Bishri, Egypt; Muhammad S. Awwa, Egypt; Fahmi Huwaydi, Egypt; Haytham Khayyat, Syria; Shaykh Taha Jabir al-Alwani, U.S.:
“All Muslims ought to be united against all those who terrorize the innocents, and those who permit the killing of non-combatants without a justifiable reason. Islam has declared the spilling of blood and the destruction of property as absolute prohibitions until the Day of Judgment. ... [It is] necessary to apprehend the true perpetrators of these crimes, as well as those who aid and abet them through incitement, financing or other support. They must be brought to justice in an impartial court of law and [punished] appropriately. ... [It is] a duty of Muslims to participate in this effort with all possible means.”
Statement of September 27, 2001. The Washington Post, October 11, 2001, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2001Oct10.html
Full text of this fatwa in English and Arabic.
Quote:
Shaykh Muhammed Sayyid al-Tantawi, imam of al-Azhar mosque in Cairo, Egypt:
“Attacking innocent people is not courageous, it is stupid and will be punished on the day of judgement. ... It’s not courageous to attack innocent children, women and civilians. It is courageous to protect freedom, it is courageous to defend oneself and not to attack.”
Pages and pages of Muslim leaders speaking out against terrorism on those pages, but no one bothers reading those things...

Old 10-22-2008, 07:47 AM

500 posts, read 703,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
again.
I don't want to see websites, I want to see large rallies denouncing their vile acts. The same large rallies that Muslims carried on during the silly cartoons around the world.

BTW, I created a thread about the mass persecution of Christians in the hands of Muslims.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...d-muslims.html

Old 10-22-2008, 07:54 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:

"War is the terrorism of the rich. Terrorism is the war of the poor".
First of all, how do you know they were all christians? Secondly, if I remember my history there were jews as well as christians on the manhattan project.

And finally, you might want to ask the chinese and koreans their views of the japanese occupation of their lands during WWII. Not a christian (nor a muslim to be fair) in sight, yet plenty of barbarism.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Murder, huh?

School is not where you learn facts. What I learnd in school was to assemble facts into useful knowledge, which ultimately becomes wisdom.

Nuking large cities full of civiians is murder. Our choice of target had no military value whatsoever. We were able to fly in, drop the bombs, and fly out unscathed because the Japanese by that time had no useful air defense at all. If our objective had been to demonstrate the power of our atomic bombs, it could have been done by dropping them a mile offshore near unpopulated parts of Japan, or on a remote military facility far from human populatin. We did not do that because our Christian mindset was to lash out in blind brutal fury and kill as many innocent civilian human beings as possible. That is the classical definition of murder, and we executed it with premiditated malice. Christians did the same thing in Dresden, but had no nukes, so they had to set living civilian on fire.

Nukes were so atrocious that even Christians didn't dare use them in Viet Nam, so they developed napalm instaed, so they could sit at close range and watch children burning to death in a country that was absolutely no threat whatsoever to Christians.

Last edited by jtur88; 10-22-2008 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies