Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

I had to post this when I read that even Michelle Malkin has doubts

[URL="http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/23/why-that-mccain-volunteers-mutilation-story-smells-awfully-weird/"]Michelle Malkin » Why that McCain volunteer’s “mutilation” story smells awfully weird; Update: Police to administer polygraph; conflicting evidence at scene[/URL]

This says she got treatment today and the wound was superficial and will heal completely.

[URL]http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/23/mccain-supporter-maimed-for-her-politics-by-robber/[/URL]

Old 10-23-2008, 11:06 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
She had to be involved in the Youtube and photo ops.
Doesn't that ring some bells for you?
Sure does for me.
As I said, I'm from that area; I get crime emails from my community. This is not your normal MO.
It does indeed seem strange...I think this story is not finished and is due for another sharp weird turn.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Looks like it was all a hoax. Check the story updates online.

People are really just stupid.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
That's terrible, but really when you said mutilation I thought you meant like REAL mutilation like this ...

I could show you 1000 pix like this which is exactly what your tax dollars and mine has done overseas over the past few years... People in this country support the war, but many won't even LOOK at pix like this because even though they KNOW this is what we are doing, they want to cover their eyes and sing bless america like the sheep in Animal Farm.

I think what happened to the McCain girl is horrible, but it pales in compare to what an given American's tax dollars has done in Iraq.

This of course is no hoax.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I'd bet there's some gang in the area that uses a backwards B as it's symbol- the whole story seems rather odd otherwise. "I'm gonna rob you! Oh, wait, you've got a McCain sticker on your car! You one of doze McCain supporters! Instead of just robbin' you, I'm gonna carve a B in your face". Something just doesn't add up.

Of course, the assault and the deed itself is terrible in any event.
I was wondering, as well. What are the chances that the robber is a member of a gang, a gang that uses a backwards 'B' for it's symbol, and does not like McCain (or is at least politically inclined)? And if he did it with a knife, if you look carefully at the photo on the site, the 'B' doesn't break the skin. So the robber, as he carved the 'B', did so 'lightly'? It almost looks like it was done with something that was sharp, but not too sharp. And while looking at a mirror...

From: Man scratched 'B' into McCain worker's face - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Quote:
Quote:
Police planned to administer a polygraph test to Ashley Todd, 20, because her statements about the attack conflict with evidence from the Citizens Bank ATM where she claims the incident occurred, police said.
Quote:
Police said Todd declined medical treatment at the scene. Her friend, a law student at University of Pittsburgh, said he took her to UPMC Shadyside for treatment.

"Initially when the police came and took the report she didn't want to go, but we convinced her, " he said.
So a law student is reluctant to follow-through on reporting a crime and medical treatment? WTH...

[[EDIT]] Looks like others have observed this, too.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am 62 years old and I have never seen anything like this election before. I hope November 4th comes soon and I hope McCain/Palin win and I hope they get some law and order into the United States.

I usually have a few campaign signs in my yard. I am not that stupid this year. If it is like this before the election think about what it could be like after the election. There are going to be extra law enforcement officers in place in this area on election day.

I heard about tires being slashed at a campaign rally the other day. My first thought was that maybe the person who was having the rally caused it to happen so they could get attention for that happening. Some people are just not trustworthy.

You have never seen anything like this because of the past eight horrible years we have had to endure under this thug administration. People are just so anxious to get some normalcy reinstated in our government. I think that the girl's story is under investigation because there is some suspicion surrounding it and thus far no proof that it had anything to do with the campaign. We'll have to wait and see.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
That's terrible, but really when you said mutilation I thought you meant like REAL mutilation like this ...

I could show you 1000 pix like this which is exactly what your tax dollars and mine has done overseas over the past few years... People in this country support the war, but many won't even LOOK at pix like this because even though they KNOW this is what we are doing, they want to cover their eyes and sing bless america like the sheep in Animal Farm.

I think what happened to the McCain girl is horrible, but it pales in compare to what an given American's tax dollars has done in Iraq.

This of course is no hoax.

and the right wingers complain about abortion. This photo brought tears to my eyes. Their mantra is save the fetus, screw the child. The hypocrisy is beyond belief. They actually would want a warmonger in the White House again. What are these so called people?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am 62 years old and I have never seen anything like this election before. I hope November 4th comes soon and I hope McCain/Palin win and I hope they get some law and order into the United States.

Are you saying there is none now? Eh?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I was wondering how many minutes it would take someone on this forum to take a gargantuan leap of logic and take this tabloid shock story by Drudge and spin it into an insinuation against Obama supporters.

This was armed robbery - the motive was money - and the criminal is violent and obviously hates McCain - nothing more. The criminal can in no way, shape or form be construed to be connected with or reflective of the Obama campaign... not by a rational human being that is.

When I see stories like this being paraded by Drudge, Hannity and other conservative shrills for the Republican party, I realize that the Republicans have totally capitulated talking about issues that are important to the American public, and have decided instead to try to out slime the National Inquirer...

Obama is going to win walking away. McCain is fading because of the negative campaign he has waged and the terrible stand he has on the issues that Americans care about...

This kind of tripe indicates to me that the war is over, McCain will lose - we're just waiting for the fat lady to sing...
What about Obama supporters saying the White guy who killed the black guy in Texas was a McCain voter.....?

It goes both ways...

Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 AM

826 posts, read 1,625,640 times
http://drudgereport.com/cut.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies