Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpunkrva View Post
Basically conservatives felt that there was a liberal bias to all the television news networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN). They were sort of right, it was a small bias, but it was every channel. So Fox News comes out and goes further to the right than any of these other networks were to the left, knowing that there would be a niche in the market for conservatives, since all the other networks were slightly to the left. Once Bush starting losing popularity, and with success of Countdown with Keith Olbermann, MSNBC decided to go as far to the left as Fox News was to the right, since there were enough people further to the left than the slightly leftist bias on the other networks. But yeah, they pretty much do cancel each other out. Kind of like the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal (though Fox News and MSNBC are far less respectable). I take them both with a grain of salt. Actually they are right next to each other on my TV so I like to flip back and forth and hear the same news story told completely differently.
Holy cow< this started way before Bush was even considering running for President. The mass marketed media has leaned left or totally left for decades and FOX has leaned right since the beginning.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 12:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I tried to give everyone a fair opportunity and watched all the channels. Until I saw Glen Beck say in FOX "The Japan earthquacke is a message from God"
so you are going to let one comment from one person influence what you watch. Isn't that as narrow minded as the comment you are referring to?

Nita

Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
I have Cenk, Lawrence, Rachel, and Big Ed on my DVR. They speak the truth God bless them

Old 04-18-2011, 01:57 PM

164 posts, read 103,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You do know what it means when you feel everybody else is against you, don't you?
I know when I can see extreme liberal bias and balanced coverage.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Until MSNBC fabricates a "grassroots" movement with indoctrinated old liberals screaming about concepts they do not understand, then the two cannot be compared. Are both biased? Absolutely, and the opinionated crew at MSNBC makes no lie of it, but there is a difference between having a bias and lying. Both sides do it, but it is obvious that one side does it more than the other...

Old 07-24-2012, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 493 times
The distortions from the left and right comes from the cable debacle that ceded the true "fair and balanced" mandate that the FCC oversaw until the mid-80's. Congress was won over to the monies on cable to deregulate, and left fertile ground for FOX and other biases (left and right, all driven by power and money.)

I noticed this in the early 1990's during the first Gulf war, when all my usual news sources seemed to be lacking in facts, and those that came through seemed to be distorted from what seemed reasonable or rational. I started looking on the internet, and ultimately to BBC to find what I felt was "Cronkite-style" objectivity and richness. They have drifted towards the dark side (money bias) in the past 20 years, but still offer more pure news (and especially better understanding of world affairs) than anything on cable here.

Hate the shouters and those that say things that are obviously biased or have a self-interest. Especially with really stupid things said that I only wish the average American voter sees through. Regrettably, it seems there are deep pockets of gullibles and sheep on both sides.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You do know what it means when you feel everybody else is against you, don't you?
I am not sure, tell us, Bob.
MSNBC and Fox Bias-81232169aaf2de76ba46d2c2a3e6d0-1-.jpg

Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Well there is bias and then there is propaganda.

MSNBC is a pure propaganda machine that sanitizes the news broadcast and discussed.

Lest we not forget ABC and CBS who have had to issue appologies for their race baiting and sensationalism excused as an Oops! and not politically motivated.

Bias is expected. If you think your favorite media is not biased, poor you!
When infected with a raging case of propaganda, the country has an issue.

On no planet in the universe can an equivalency be made between msnbc and fox.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitalemnicka22 View Post
Why are MSNBC and Fox News so biased? Are they trying to cancel one another out? You can't take them seriously when they are so forthright with their bias. It's really sad. I've noticed MSNBC REALLY has it in for McCain, especially when Olbermann is on.
I can't watch either channel. Both are beyond bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies