Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should obama have the right to redistribute taxpayer money as president?
no 66 72.53%
yes 25 27.47%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:32 AM

207 posts, read 279,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
Calm down!!! By the way, what do you stand to lose?
A lot of money. That is what every working American stands to lose under an OBAMA administration. Wait, you'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Er, I never said how much I make. However, you did say you make more/about 70,000. I said that the average american makes less than you(if indeed you make 70,000).

So, please don't flatter yourself. I never was seeking approval from you...

Hmm, I never I said I made about 70K. If you read my post, you would catch the Biden reference & a light bulb would go off in your brain. I own my own business + work for a large company. My spouse also has a side business and works for the State.
Based on your posts, you appear to make 40-50K. One thing remains the same - we are both going to give more of our hard earned money away to Obama.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:36 AM

943 posts, read 782,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent thinker View Post
Hmm, I never I said I made about 70K. If you read my post, you would catch the Biden reference & a light bulb would go off in your brain. Based on your posts, you appear to make 40-50K. You are still going to get nailed - trust me.

I am sorry, I confused the post, and thought you make 70k. Either way, no I don't make 40-50K, and if I did it is irrelevant...

Old 11-02-2008, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by independent thinker
I agree with you. I have a real concern about giving "rebates" like Obama is proposing to people who don't pay taxes in the first place. That is, like you say, rewarding people who are non-performers. Not first time non-performers, but chronic non-performers.

This is where you said making little money- (so much so that you don't qualify to pay taxes) makes you a non-performer. Making little money doesn't make you lazy.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I am sorry, I confused the post, and thought you make 70k. Either way, no I don't make 40-50K, and if I did it is irrelevant...
Well, not knowing what you make I will say this. If you make less than 40K, I'm not sure what your tax burden will be.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent thinker
I agree with you. I have a real concern about giving "rebates" like Obama is proposing to people who don't pay taxes in the first place. That is, like you say, rewarding people who are non-performers. Not first time non-performers, but chronic non-performers.

This is where you said making little money- (so much so that you don't qualify to pay taxes) makes you a non-performer. Making little money doesn't make you lazy.
moinfire - this is what I said. "Not first time non-performers, but chronic non-performers." Chronic non-performers - yes if you aren't paying taxes then I say "no rebate for you!!" You can quote me on that. The people I am thinking about are lazy. That is not the person at McDonalds making $8.00/hr & trying to earn a living. I mean the bum watching Jerry Springer & living off his kid's SSI.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Well, not knowing what you make I will say this. If you make less than 40K, I'm not sure what your tax burden will be.
hmmm, I didn't say I make less than 40K-50K either...

Either way those who make 100K- 200K make less than 5%. So the majority of americans will not get a high tax rate....

Old 11-02-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
moinfire - this is what I said. "Not first time non-performers, but chronic non-performers." Chronic non-performers - yes if you aren't paying taxes then I say "no rebate for you!!" You can quote me on that. The people I am thinking about are lazy. That is not the person at McDonalds making $8.00/hr & trying to earn a living. I mean the bum watching Jerry Springer & living off his kid's SSI.
But why does this bother you??? They are a small minority. Most americans don't receive income assistance, food stamps or the like....

The majority of poor people work...

Old 11-02-2008, 12:49 AM

Moionfire - geez, you're all over the web.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
But why does this bother you??? They are a small minority. Most americans don't receive income assistance, food stamps or the like....

The majority of poor people work...
NOPE. Not buyin it. Not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies