Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 AM

775 posts, read 740,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
Gay marriage isn't a civil rights issue. It's a moral issue. Just like we don't allow brothers and sisters to marry, we shouldn't allow the same sex to marry.
And the non sequitur of the year goes to...

Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Quote:
Gay marriage isn't a civil rights issue. It's a moral issue. Just like we don't allow brothers and sisters to marry, we shouldn't allow the same sex to marry.
And here lays the problem....................... Who has the right to declare gay marriage a moral problem?
Homosexuality in all animals is quite normal............. we are animals so it is also quite normal.
Marriage is a human concept concieved to keep a woman in her place under the control and chatel of her husband.
Today marriage should be between two loving and equal people and that includes gays.
If you do not like gay marriage....................... TOUGH.............. NOT your decission to make.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Since the divorce rate amongst "straight" couples is approx. 50%, we shouldn't allow "straight" people to marry, either. And I think the same sex couple marriage is a moral issue. Nobody should be entitled to doctate personal, private behavior between individuals when that behavior doesn't negatively impact others. The comparison between brothers and sisters marrying comes from ignorance, I'm assuming.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:41 AM

2 posts, read 1,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
on top of that, incest isn't seen in many, many animal species due to the fact that it does weaken the gene pool, yet homosexuality is seen in many animal species as well.

and my morals may not be the same as your morals. some people think it's immoral to have sex before marriage. do we pass a law to prohibit this? some think it's immoral to eat meat. do we pass a law to prohibit this also? laws shouldn't be passed based on personal morals, especially those connected w/ religion

since laws shouldn't be passed based on personal morals, especially those connected w/ religion. I would like to have these two laws changed.

6.thou shall not kill to thou shall kill

8. thou shall not steal to thou shall steal

Old 09-20-2012, 04:07 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo70 View Post
since laws shouldn't be passed based on personal morals, especially those connected w/ religion. I would like to have these two laws changed.

Gee, just to help you out, those are beneficial to all of society.
Or don't you agree?

Your personal morals have nothing to do with society as a whole.
Civil rights certainly do.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo70 View Post

Oh how cute.

You must think that murder and theft was legal before Moses went up into the mountain and brought back some stones he pretended came from God.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:54 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnyc1 View Post
"]I don't get your point I'm a African-American who supported Domestic Partnerships for Homosexual which gave Homosexuals the same "Civil Rights " as Homosexual Marriage would've. Where is all of this hatred coming from?......can you be treated equally with Domestic Partnerships and Civil Unions ?.....Homosexual Marriage doesn't have anymore " Rights " than Domestic Partnerships or Civil Union does it ?...."[/i]

While I'm thrilled that you, as an African-American, support domestic partnerships, you do not reflect the majority of Black opinion. Moreover, "domestic partnership" is not the same thing as marriage equality, for it does not afford the same rights and protections prescribed to heterosexual. In this regard, heterosexuals receive "special rights." Regardless, there was a point in our not to distant past when interracial marriage was outlawed. Would you subscribe to a separate but unequal law allowing interracial marriage providing it did not contain all the provisions of non-interracial marriages? As far as hatred is concerned, the outcry from the Black community in California during prop 8 speaks volumes. Black churches preached bigoted hatred against Gay Americans to ensure Prop. 8 would pass. Let us not forget Herman Cain, a Black Tea-Party activist whose homophobic vitriol against Gays is popular amongst the Black community. Point is, Domestic Partnership does not give Gay Americans the same rights as marriage. Only marriage recognized on the federal level does. Until ALL Americans are treated equally with respect and dignity, then we shall continue to live in a hypocritical discriminatory world.
domestic partnerships provides the exact same benefits as homosexual marriage.... homosexual marriage doesn't provide the same benefits as heterosexual marriage DOMA and the federal government makes sure of that.... POTUS Barack Obama could have dodged a bullet by granting Civil Unions and Domestic Partnership Federal Benefits making them EQUAL with Heterosexual Marriage , but alas he didn't... now it's seem that it's just a matter of time before we have homosexual marriage here in America....

as far as interracial marriage is concerned i'm a AA myself , and tittles doesn't mean that much to me as long as domestic partnerships and civil union has the same standing as MARRIAGE.. you see the reason that homosexuals don't want Domestic Partnerships and Civil Unions AND WILL NEVER SETTLE FOR DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS AND CIVIL UNIONS IS THAT IT IS NOT AS AFFIRMING TO THEM AS HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE IS ((AND THAT JUST PSYCHOLOGICAL COMFORT)) WHEN YOU GET RIGHT DOWN TO IT. homosexuals will never feel that they are just like everybody else until they get this feather in theirs caps....

Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Let's be honest: the anti-gay marriage crowd in the US is almost entirely made up of fundamentalist Christians (with a smattering of conservative Jews and Muslims here and there). If some fire-breathing baptist church (for example) decides not to conduct same-sex marriages, that's fine. They don't have to. But when religious groups conspire to deny the right of civil marriage--i.e. secular marriage--to people for religious reasons, they are crossing the line. Religious people have no business trying to deny rights to secular marriage to people who want it.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Marriage Video

Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
So what will happen that is so terribly immoral against society, if same sex marriage is legalized everywhere in this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies