Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I work with a guy who was married to a woman. They separated, and he's as gay as you can possibly be. He has absolutely no attraction to women whatsoever. He's not bisexual, he's gay. And yet, he's slept with both men and women.

Once again, sexual behavior does not dictate sexual orientation.
if he is not BI SEXUAL why in the world did he sleep with a woman...even marry a woman , that BI SEXUAL to me I don't know about you , but to me if it walks like a duck and sound like a duck and taste like a duck it a duck.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
if he is not BI SEXUAL why in the world did he sleep with a woman...even marry a woman ,
It's called societal pressure. He was expected to marry a woman and didn't want to deal with the stigma of being gay, so he entered a sham marriage, just like so many men do. Do you not read the news? Look how many married, family values republicans get caught in gay scandals. It's because they force themselves to be in a relationship with women because society demands it, when they have no attraction to women. Eventually they crack under the pressure of trying to live a lie.

Quote:
that BI SEXUAL to me I don't know about you , but to me if it walks like a duck and sound like a duck and taste like a duck it a duck.
It may seem that way to you, but it isn't.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
It's called societal pressure. He was expected to marry a woman and didn't want to deal with the stigma of being gay, so he entered a sham marriage,
Quote:

oh I agree with that , men that stay in the closet much too long and finally bust the doors down.

just like so many men do. Do you not read the news? Look how many married, family values republicans get caught in gay scandals. It's because they force themselves to be in a relationship with women because society demands it, when they have no attraction to women. Eventually they crack under the pressure of trying to live a lie.

didn't that very thing happen somewhere in boise ID I believe or was it utah ? I get you now there are some BI SEXUALS that enjoy sex with males and females and there are other HOMOSEXUALS who are forced into sexual relationship because of societal pressures , and are forced BI SEXUALS never the less still having sexual relationships with both gender....got ya...

It may seem that way to you, but it isn't.
my 14 year old daughter got on the computer after me and said that my reply to you was country LOL..FOMC falling out of my chair (and) my wife jumped in to talking about I could've said it a little bit better ( but I'm 60 years young and set in my way ) I just got to be me LOL here's the quote below..

howest2008 if he is not BI SEXUAL why in the world did he sleep with a woman...even marry a woman , that BI SEXUAL to me I don't know about you , but to me if it walks like a duck and sound like a duck and taste like a duck it a duck.

my daughter said that it doesn't matter to her she's heterosexual and whatever orenitation anybody else has it's theirs business and not hers...LOL. I told her that I have my opinions and at the end of the day it's not going to matter to me either way either( because people are going to do what they want to do ) illregardless of what I believe in or feel GOD felt the same way when he turned people over to a reprobate mind. everybody on this forum have a great day and let's learn to agree to disagree will ya I'm out for today.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I knew I couldn't substantiate something you don't want to believe. Even quotes and cites from the beloved Loving case aren't enough.
Well of course not. None of this shows how "civic marriage in the U.S. is in part to encourage" anything, much less "heterosexual couples to bear and raise children". But it's interesting how even you freely admit you can't support your argument with facts that are relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2006 wrote --- "But the argument disregards the expressed intent of traditional marriage laws --- to encourage heterosexual couples to bear and raise chilren in committed marriage relationships."

I presume those silly judges use the word 'traditional' in a limited sense, excluding ancient Rome and Greece, aberrant periods of long-ago, and stick to the U.S. in modern times.
No one should be pretending to be for traditional "values", or hiding behind the word "traditional" at all, if they don't want to imitate the absolute earliest era when it comes to marriage as a concept, and in every way (not just the anti-gay facet of it). Call it what it is. You are standing against gay marriage, not for traditional values. The only thing even arguably traditional about modern-day marriage is exactly that only heterosexuals can marry (in most states). Everything else is an undeniable deviation from what marriage used to be, and telling enough, none of you seem upset about this.

Take women's rights for example. Now, here is a fundamental change to marriage because beforehand it was pretty much unanimous that the man was the head of the household. It literally shaped the entire marriage, this aspect of it in those "good old days" when the thought of gay marriage in the U.S. was nothing more than a joke. But now look at it. Women are seen by the vast majority of married folks as equals therefore clashing with "traditional values". But that's fine with the would-be "traditionalists" nowadays. Why? Because they've lost most of their prejudice for women. They've maintained the one they have for gays, however

Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
no it's makes him BI SEXUAL , he's going to hump something be it female or male.....
It doesn't make it either, legs don't have a gender and dogs don't care whose legs they are humping. They may hump a genderless pillow as well. You are projecting human concepts onto animals.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
if he is not BI SEXUAL why in the world did he sleep with a woman...even marry a woman , that BI SEXUAL to me I don't know about you , but to me if it walks like a duck and sound like a duck and taste like a duck it a duck.
Actually there are alot of gaymen and women that get married and pretend to be straight because of people like yourself who have very narrow views on sexuality.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
no it's makes him BI SEXUAL , he's going to hump something be it female or male.....

Actually the dog does not care about the sex of the owner of the leg, he just wants to hump something. Quick question, if he humps an inanimate object does that make him omni-sexual?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
It doesn't make it either, legs don't have a gender and dogs don't care whose legs they are humping. They may hump a genderless pillow as well. You are projecting human concepts onto animals.
how in the world did we get off on dogs humping legs ?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually there are alot of gaymen and women that get married and pretend to be straight because of people like yourself who have very narrow views on sexuality.
i'm not a oppressor of gays and gays have very narrow minds also otherwises gays would have persued equal rights under the institution of domestic partnership or civil unions. GOD also has a very narrow mind like me so i'm in very good company indeed.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually the dog does not care about the sex of the owner of the leg, he just wants to hump something. Quick question, if he humps an inanimate object does that make him omni-sexual?
dogs sexuality has nothing to do with human sexuality we don't go around sniffing each other butts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies