Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:41 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,729,462 times

Advertisements

The passage of Prop 8 in California banning same-sex marriage is bringing out very intense feelings on both sides. I just wanted to share some of the anti-gay feelings that are being expressed by people in California.

I really had no idea that the level of hatred for gays was still so intense in this country.

I'd like to share a few of their posts with everyone and get your reactions. There have been hundreds of posts like these in the last week since Prop 8 passed. I'll post more if a discussion develops.

--------------------------------------------------------------

**** need to realize they dont deserve to get married and never will (LA)

Reply to: pers-915716829@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-12, 12:14AM PST

All you **** need to realize that marriage is between a man and a woman. Thats the way its always been and it should be sacred. If you want to get married make up another word for it or some **** but leave "marriage" alone.

Your not a "group" of people who have had your right taken away - asians, blacks, females are people who have had there rights taken away because THEY HAD NO OTHER CHOICE to change themselves.

You have a choice to **** the opposite sex or the same sex. Even if you beleive the bull**** that your "born" gay, therees been studies done that people are predespositioned to be "felons" as well. Whats next? Them marching so they can vote or buy guns?

You guys are ****in creepy and mostly effeminate, thats why most of you do drugs to get away from your ****in miserable lives. And dont go preaching that your "the new *****", only reason your getting away with this **** is because most people are too ***** nowadays. Man, i wish this was the 60's and 70's, hell even the 80's, I would love beating the **** out of you *****s for walking down the street holding hands and watch people around me to join in.

Gays are single-handedly destroying the earth!!!

Reply to: pers-915734200@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-12, 1:35AM PST

They are, it's true! They're ruining EVERYTHING!!! Marriage, families, the environment, and now they're causing traffic jams? I mean this has got to stop. God is getting very angry and He will not stand for this much longer. Homos are not natural and anyone who says they are is a HOMO HIMSELF. I mean come on--the whole idea of man with man is just ridiculous. Why don't you homos just man up and get yourselves a woman. It ain't gonna kill you but being gay will! And while you're at it stay away from animals! I know how you sickos are. You just keep on pushin' the envelope further and further. This has to stop--we need to rise up and fight back.

BOYCOTT GAY BUSINESSES (Fair Play)

Reply to: pers-914593104@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-11, 8:33AM PST

Lets show the gays what a boycott really feels like. Lets boycott gay busienss to show them that they can not dictate what the rest of us do. They do not respect the rule of law or the right to vote. They are unamerican selfish narcesists. If a business is gay owned or hires openly gay people, take your business elsewhere.

If someone has a list of gay owned businesses lets post em to make it easier.

It is a showdown. Your right to free speech does not include you forcing us to listen by blocking traffic and being an annoyance. We know how you feel, now shut up before we force you underground.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 11-12-2008 at 05:56 AM..

Old 11-12-2008, 05:44 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,529,153 times
Is there any more purpose to this thread than the one that was already closed down?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Is there any more purpose to this thread than the one that was already closed down?
I just want to have a discussion about the level of hatred toward gays. The passage of Prop 8 has empowered the people who hate gays. I predict that violence against gays is going to be on the increase as this debate rages on.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:47 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,465,524 times
This is craigslist we're talking about here. You should see the stuff they post about blacks. Welcome to the club.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
This is craigslist we're talking about here. You should see the stuff they post about blacks. Welcome to the club.
I just never realized the level of hatred among some people for their fellow Americans. It's shocking to me.

It is Craigslist, and I know that any idiot can post there, but what's frightening to me is that these are real people posting their real feelings - and this is AFTER they won a victory against gays!

It's ironic because if Prop 8 had failed, life would have continued on as it was, but now they feel justified in their hatred. They believe that their hatred has been endorsed by the voters of California.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:24 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,152,793 times
Those people's posts come off like parodies of anti-gay rhetoric.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:35 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,735,967 times
If gays weren't such a hateful group of people themselves they wouldn't be in this situation.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:36 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,148,837 times
As a gay male, if I encounter any opposition like this, one will find me in their face. I've won every argument and the bigot losers are always left confused and full of doubt. Their views can't stand the clarity of logic and reason. There are going to be protests this Saturday nationwide. Come one, come all. If you voted for "change" and "unity" this is a direct request for participation.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:40 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
As a gay male, if I encounter any opposition like this, one will find me in their face. I've won every argument and the bigot losers are always left confused and full of doubt. Their views can't stand the clarity of logic and reason. There are going to be protests this Saturday nationwide. Come one, come all. If you voted for "change" and "unity" this is a direct request for participation.
Blah blah blah i'm sure you win every argument because no one holds a candle to your reasoning, yet you all just lost the thing most important to you due to the opposing argument being more convincing.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:40 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,743,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
If gays weren't such a hateful group of people themselves they wouldn't be in this situation.
I've only heard of hate crimes committed against gays, not the other way around. Your statement there sounds pretty hateful in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies