Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
There is no gay oppression.

It is illegal to discriminate against homosexuals.

A homosexual can choose to suppress their sexual orientation when they feel they need to. And what I find amazing is the fact that they say they actually can adjust their behavior when around people who don't agree with homosexuality.

Black people cannot change their skin color.

The only black person on the planet who's been able to change his skin color is Michael Jackson. And to my knowledge he wasn't oppressed at all.
You know anything about history? Gays are and have been for hundreds of years, killed, locked up for life, beat, etc. The nazis killed and experimented on thousands of gay people. And big fat *&()*& deal that we aren't as easy to identify as blacks, point is WE STILL ARE WHAT WE ARE. You think that if we were born with a little rainbow on our body that we wouldn't be WIDELY harassed and discriminated against? Even more than we currently are? I have friends who have been disowned for being gay, I have been denied apartments for being gay, I can't marry who I love, I can't adopt children in certain states because I am gay. I am compared to pedos, rapists, and people with mental disorders on an almost daily basis, among a plethora of other examples and YET YOU ASSERT THERE IS NO OPPRESSION OR BIGOTRY DIRECTED TOWARD US? Go lay in traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 01:38 PM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
In my opinion, which I regard very highly, the "homosexual lifestyle" is much the same as the "heterosexual lifestyle," except, perhaps, with a bit more flair and good taste in clothes, decor, and food.

Exceptions occur, of course.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:38 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Prove your "fact".
Her only proof is this thing called a bible.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Ok...how about disgusting.
I am pretty sure that I would find you disgusting in person. And sweetie, trust me when I say this, I am more than likely outta your league. So watch who and what you call disgusting.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:39 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
How Christian of you!

So now gay people are disgusting?

I find judgmental people disgusting.
A poster thought I was trivializing the antics of Spring Break, Mardi Gras and Gay Parades when I stated that these were silly displays of hormonal people. So I responded with "how about disgusting". This was not a reference aimed at gays but aimed at the displays at the above mentioned events.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:40 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The majority of the world also used to think the sun revolved around the earth.
Oh, wait...you bible types still think that, right?
No we don't. Pick up a Bible and tell me where it states that.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:43 PM

609 posts, read 1,175,053 times
Are you really that blind?? i have gone through post after post of BS like "oh gays have better fashon sense" and Stan4 saying the bible states that the bible says the sun revolves around the earth or that a majority of chrisitan still think that. hahah waht a D***b A**. no one thinks that anymore Stan. youve been lsitenign too much to you left wing propaganda that shows all christians as uneducated, rascists. hahaha

anways i didnt think it was that ahrd to answer this question, but ive seen very few intelligent aswers.. the lifestyle the OP is reffering to is the homosexual drug use scene and the "gay community". this included as ive said is heavy drug use, as well as unsafe sexual activities. unsafe sex practices is one of the main components in this lifestyle, whcich is what lead to the spread of AIDs. the first cases were found in 5 homosexual men and it was predominant in the gay community

Old 11-14-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
Are you really that blind?? i have gone through post after post of BS like "oh gays have better fashon sense" and Stan4 saying the bible states that the bible says the sun revolves around the earth or that a majority of chrisitan still think that. hahah waht a D***b A**. no one th
Eh?

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
You know anything about history? Gays are and have been for hundreds of years, killed, locked up for life, beat, etc. The nazis killed and experimented on thousands of gay people. And big fat *&()*& deal that we aren't as easy to identify as blacks, point is WE STILL ARE WHAT WE ARE. You think that if we were born with a little rainbow on our body that we wouldn't be WIDELY harassed and discriminated against? Even more than we currently are? I have friends who have been disowned for being gay, I have been denied apartments for being gay, I can't marry who I love, I can't adopt children in certain states because I am gay. I am compared to pedos, rapists, and people with mental disorders on an almost daily basis, among a plethora of other examples and YET YOU ASSERT THERE IS NO OPPRESSION OR BIGOTRY DIRECTED TOWARD US? Go lay in traffic.
If you weren't so easy to broadcast your sexuality nobody would know.

You wouldn't be discriminated against in housing if you didn't advertise you were gay. There is no box on any application for an apartment for sexual orientation it's illegal to discriminate in housing. You must be wearing that rainbow flag on your forehead. If you've been discriminated against, sue them in court.

You can have a domestic partnership. You can't expect the world to run to your side and support your lifestyle.

Being a homosexual was listed on the DSM for many years, and technically still is on their list of disorders.

I have no idea why you would want to adopt a child and raise it in a household to be ridiculed and teased at school. FOR WHAT?!?! Your own self serving egos. "i'm gay and i can raise a family better than you heteros can". Kids have enough problems growing up without having the stigma of gay parents.

You people are narcissistic, whiny, self righteous, supercilious, simpering fools if you think the majority of the world agrees with what you are attempting to do.

I'm not the one who should "lay down in traffic" you should.

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Because marriage is between a man and woman and not between a man and man or woman and woman
In your world, maybe, but not everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies