Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you explain homosexuality in nature?
It's the liberal media and thier corrupt TV shows. 7 11.11%
These animals have caught wind of gay marriages in Massachusetts. 11 17.46%
They were abused by priests as pups/joeys/chicks/etc. 3 4.76%
It's the way their creator made them. 30 47.62%
Other 14 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:06 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's no insult, but if you want to compare your behaivor to animals it's all justified, you can't pick and choose what justifies your actions by nature, some animals rob the nest of others and eat their young, we were givin the ability to think and to know the difference between right and wrong, what is right in nature isn't always right for us.
You're forgetting, humans ARE a part of nature. We are also in the Kingdom Animalia, same as those other animals you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 06:14 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,312,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's no insult, but if you want to compare your behaivor to animals it's all justified, you can't pick and choose what justifies your actions by nature, some animals rob the nest of others and eat their young, we were givin the ability to think and to know the difference between right and wrong, what is right in nature isn't always right for us.
This is my biggest complaint - its selective (hypocritical) to fit the situation as needed. For example, I have asked for the gay stance on "cheating". Most gays in a monogamous relationship are against it, despite the fact that most primates are not monogamous. They selectively choose the applicable aspects of the natural world to justify what most people classify as deviant behavior.

The difference between man and animals is clear. I understand the implications of social norms, religion, and mores and how they affect our actions. To continue to make the assertion that homosexual behavior is acceptable as it occurs "naturally", while discounting the other negative aspects of our mammal and primate cousins seems wrong.

Imagine if we all used the same logic to discount deviant or immoral behavior. Where would society be then?

Old 11-30-2008, 06:55 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefig View Post
It was too silly to watch all the way through, but I do remember thinking something along the lines of how ironic it would be if homo sapiens weren't the dominant species on Earth. Then we would see chimpanzee scientists and ape medics in white coats, probably, testing new drugs and deliberately infecting us human 'lab rats' with nasty diseases in the name of research. And most chimpanzees would support this, needless to say, because it might bring direct benefits to them.

Some concerned apes would protest, I guess, that this was unethical, especially as we are so closely related, genetically, but humans would no doubt continue 'sacrificing' their lives in the interests of a superior species...

Turn this scenario back round, however, and that is precisely how humans behave towards the 'lesser animals' - we do it because we can, not because it's right or ethical to inflict suffering on any sentient creature.

Does this make us superior? - or just plain arrogant and selfish as a species?
Very good points. But we humans also protect wild animals and pets. Yes, there are some who abuse animals. As I said before, there is good and there is bad in every one of us. We aren't superior nor inferior to any other life, but we do have the mental capacity to think a lot of issues the rest of the animal kingdom can't. Does that makes us superior? I don't think so. It only makes us more intelligent. With that intelligence comes a lot of responsibilities, some of which include helping the rest of the animals kingdom when needed.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,700,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Ah, I see... we should learn from monkeys, water buffalo and such, instead of humankind? How about learning from dogs? This would be an excellent idea! That way we can go about sniffing each other butts No. Learning from brown or polar bears would be more interesting since we can just devour the young.
Maybe we should learn from our fellow humans, like the Christians right, and HATE every one that is not white, heterosexual couple with two kids. LOL, give me a break.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
God made them that way!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Really? Have you seen god, living person, cells blood brain muscles bones, everything? No? I rest my case.
I have never seen your brain so I guess it must not exist as it is something that I have not personally seen.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:45 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
Um, my male dogs lick their private parts in public -- are you saying we should condone and encourage human males in doing the same?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:50 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
Btw, if you're looking to the animal, insect, etc. world for justifications for human behavior, then are you willing to exonerate murder and infanticide because animals and insects practice it routinely? I'll bet all of the "black widows" who are now doing hard time would love that defense.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:52 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Homosexual behavior has been documented in over 1500 species, and may include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting.

Mallards have rates of male-male sexual activity at a level as high as 19% of all pairs in a population.

A male pair of chinstrap penguins in the Central Park Zoo in New York City were partnered and even successfully hatched a female chick from an egg.

About 60% of all sexual activity in bonobo apes is between two or more females.

Male Giraffes stroke each others' necks for 1 hour before mounting each other. It has been observed that 5% of male Giraffes partake in homosexual activity at any given time.

Almost 40% of male Guianan C*ck of the Rock (har har) birds are homosexual and only a few of them mate with females.

All of this makes me wonder.... How can this be, since homosexuality is a choice?

Animals Gone Wild: Homosexuality In Animals! | The Thinking Blog ~ Knowledge Grows When Shared!
Its not a choice. Its a combination of sexual deviance & learned behaviour.
The more acceptable it becomes the more easilly influenced children will fail to learn normal biology & sexual activity.
Most every affliction we experience happens in nature, we are part of nature after all.

I knew a guy would screw anything that let him. He didn't choose to be like that. But that dont matter, he's still got issues.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Maybe we should learn from our fellow humans, like the Christians right, and HATE every one that is not white, heterosexual couple with two kids. LOL, give me a break.
Conservative Christians (or Christian "right" if you prefer) does NOT hate homosexuals. God calls us to love everyone as we are all sinners. Loving homosexuals does not equate with endorsing or accepting homosexuality which is what the whole pro-gay movement is all about. Just because you love someone does not mean that you have to approve of their lifestyle choices.

As far as conservative Christians hating non-whites... this is plainly absurd as most of the conservatives I personally know are non-white. Since when is Christianity a white man's religion? Jesus came to save us all and He is no respector of skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies