Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:58 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,788,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Without them, the Union would have lost the Civl War, though.

America's Civil War: Why the Irish Fought for the Union
I bet we had Irish in the North and Scots-Irish in the South in that one. Ugly all around.

We might well have lost the Revolutiory War too without the latter:

The Scotch Irish in the Revolutionary War

The Pilgrims just did not hate the English enough to do it. And the Quakers were too nice. At least that is my take.

Jim Webb's too:

Amazon.com: Born Fighting: How the Scots-Irish Shaped America (9780767916899): James Webb: Books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 10:01 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,536,109 times
It's an honor to have a McCarthy gene and look at this! It came along right when we needed it.

We have Communism in the Oval Office and we have what we need.
God is soo good.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,376,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I bet we had Irish in the North and Scots-Irish in the South in that one. Ugly all around.

We might well have lost the Revolutiory War too without the latter:

The Scotch Irish in the Revolutionary War

The Pilgrims just did not hate the English enough to do it. And the Quakers were too nice. At least that is my take.

Jim Webb's too:

Amazon.com: Born Fighting: How the Scots-Irish Shaped America (9780767916899): James Webb: Books
Jim Webb. Good man. I heard he's leaving the Senate, but I hope he doesn't get out of politics altogether. He's one of the few people of whom one can say that the country needs him.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
It's an honor to have a McCarthy gene and look at this! It came along right when we needed it.

We have Communism in the Oval Office and we have what we need.
God is soo good.
Sunny, the only Commie in the Oval Office is that little microphone hidden in the overhead light. And its battery went dead long ago.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Sunny, the only Commie in the Oval Office is that little microphone hidden in the overhead light. And its battery went dead long ago.
Yeledaf, Obama and his crowd not only are Communists, but they are not even worthy of a claim of "Communist Light."

Sad how many of the ignorant, or just indoctrinated are willing to be their enablers. They, too will have to suffer at the hands of true communism. Their unions and ones that are aware of what they are and supporting them whole-heartedly have got to think that they are "safe" and will remain so because they are "with them."

No--true Communists find everyone expendable except for their closest, personal cliques.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Yeledaf, Obama and his crowd not only are Communists, but they are not even worthy of a claim of "Communist Light."

Sad how many of the ignorant, or just indoctrinated are willing to be their enablers. They, too will have to suffer at the hands of true communism. Their unions and ones that are aware of what they are and supporting them whole-heartedly have got to think that they are "safe" and will remain so because they are "with them."

No--true Communists find everyone expendable except for their closest, personal cliques.
This is a put-on, right?

Old 03-25-2012, 10:19 PM

Found it from '08 where BO was bragging about working with SEIU from way back, and passionately assuring them that he's with SEIU all the way, and paint the nation purple, turning the nation like SEIU. He ends this saying "SEIU, I'm glad you're with me. Let's together change the country." So...after this short clip...see SEIU with their mask off...trying to paint the nation purple, or red?? like BO said they'd do.

Breitbart tv » Uncovered Video Obama Leads SEIU Chant After Vowing to Paint the Nation Purple - YouTube

Next, Exhibit B is.......last year's Labor Day parade, with SEIU marching with COMMUNIST flags, having pulled their mask completely off. Not a video but a page of large photos of them disgustingly proud. *though, their leader does look like a deer caught in the headlights in one picture.

Zombie » SEIU drops mask, goes full commie

Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
This is a put-on, right?

Aww, dear you do wish it were a put-on! I can imagine....but to what I just posted...

BON APPETIT~

Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,339,878 times
Here's what I don't get, the right preaches the constitution but doesn't want anyone to hold views opposite of their own. That is why McCarthy was wrong. He was anti-America because he went against the constitution. I don't care what Neo-Cons say.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:37 PM

Different views are the spice of life. We've always had that with the two party system. Never before had the Dem. party come out with something MUCH worse than "different." They came out with a Communist candidate though many of them were too enamored with him and his potential to make history as our first black president, to realize he was.

Here, a great page with plenty of substantiation of its report.

Barack Obama and the Communist Party - KeyWiki

Here's a very good and succinct read!

http://www.redstate.com/laborunionre...m-todemocrats/

Ahh yes, some icing on this cake. I'll forgive them for their silly title. Communist? Commie...a rose by any other name truly is still a rose. Whomever owns this did their homework, and presented a ton of links.

http://commieblaster.com/communists/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies