Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 03:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

MichaelMoore.com : Saving the Big 3 for You and Me ...a message from Michael Moore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 04:14 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
I agree with him completely on this esp "after they burn through this $34 billion, they'll be back for another $34 billion next summer. "

However I will put up my Cooper against any hybrid car out there even his for better mileage .

Old 12-03-2008, 04:33 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
2. You could buy ALL the common shares of stock in General Motors for less than $3 billion. Why should we give GM $18 billion or $25 billion or anything? Take the money and buy the company! (You're going to demand collateral anyway if you give them the "loan," and because we know they will default on that loan, you're going to own the company in the end as it is. So why wait? Just buy them out now.)
I couldn't agree more as a fan of TRUE capitalism restored properly, as a patriot for a healthy america (preserving opportunity for ALL), and as a private citizen/taxpayer sick to death of abuses and corruption running amok in the hallowed halls of my government.

Long term goals of handing it back over to private industry should be drafted into the comprehensive plan (soup to nuts).

My immediate solution would be for the gov't to take ownership of the big 3 fleet of SUV's/ 4wd trucks to serve those purposes of military and municipalities via low interest loans on generous time lines for these other branches of governance. The current inventory needs to be dealt with directly while revised new product is on the drafting board. Ownership by purchasing the corporations outright is a brilliant stroke, but as a 401k shareholder I hope I'd get the option to retain my shares in america while the government cleans house. ^5 Moore.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
I'd like to see Michael Moore fit into a Mini-Cooper.

Let that fatass lose a couple of hundred pounds. Then he can talk to us about downsizing.

As it is, he's a dozen triple cheeseburgers on the plus side of obesity -- with a head to match.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Let that fatass lose a couple of hundred pounds. Then he can talk to us about downsizing.

As it is, he's a dozen triple cheeseburgers on the plus side of obesity -- with a head to match.
Wow! What an intelligent response. I can tell that a lot of thought went into it. Thanks for sharing your ideas about how to solve a crucial problem that is facing the nation.

BTW...when is tht last time you produced a film or won an Oscar?????

Old 12-03-2008, 05:50 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,383,389 times
The main problem with the big 3 in my opinion is, they are competing with THEMSELVES. They have so many different brand names with the same model of car, just a different name. If they would limit their brands to just a couple, keep the models that sell well and improve on them and get rid of the rest they could do a lot better. Seriously though, so many of GM cars are the same car just with a different name on another car brand a part of their own company!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

This is sickening, truly sickening. If the only thing you can write is this, then take your hands off the keyboard. Just had to insult someone and laugh at them for being large and because you don't like their politics. How big are YOU? How ugly are YOU?

Here is proof that conservatives are heartless. Contribute value or shut up.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
The main problem with the big 3 in my opinion is, they are competing with THEMSELVES. They have so many different brand names with the same model of car, just a different name. If they would limit their brands to just a couple, keep the models that sell well and improve on them and get rid of the rest they could do a lot better. Seriously though, so many of GM cars are the same car just with a different name on another car brand a part of their own company!
Yes this is very true and it comes with the territory when you've become such a monolith that you can no longer see the forest for the trees. Lumbering scale was pared down in the 80's but not so much for this industry & I think that should be examined as well.

Worse about the big 3-- they've been following the leader with toyota and getting further and further behind the 8 ball. American cars are toyota knock offs. We don't bother with engineering excellence or innovative design anymore?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:43 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Honestly, all this government interference and automatically economic safety nets have destroyed what Capitalism stands for - a self-correcting market that adjusts to the demands of the consumer, and rewards businessmen who provide a decent produce.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
This is sickening, truly sickening. If the only thing you can write is this, then take your hands off the keyboard. Just had to insult someone and laugh at them for being large and because you don't like their politics. How big are YOU? How ugly are YOU?

Here is proof that conservatives are heartless. Contribute value or shut up.
Ohh please don't flatter him with conservative title. It insults conservatives. Neo CONS are just that and if they're this vapid they're worthy of ignore. Meantime I'll cartoon a sumo wrestling match with Moore and a doped up Rush Limberger. Place your bets folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies