Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

This just tears at my heartstrings....

Trouble in Toyland: U.S. recession jolts China - Economy in Turmoil- msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You are being sarcastic, right? To hell with China and the toxic garbage they send us. Let Walmart owners, CEO's and China eat their poison food, use their toxic toothpaste, toys and pet food. I feel sorry for their kids and pets, but hey, what about us and our kids and pets? Enough is enough!

Old 12-12-2008, 06:39 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Sorry? Absolutely not. You should fear them though, they've been using the money we've sent them for their "cheap" stuff to build up their military strength. They're no longer quite the backwards country militarily that they used to be. If they start finger pointing at us for their troubles beware...

Old 12-12-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Sorry? Absolutely not. You should fear them though, they've been using the money we've sent them for their "cheap" stuff to build up their military strength. They're no longer quite the backwards country militarily that they used to be. If they start finger pointing at us for their troubles beware...
Again, you can thank corporations such as Walmart for that. Let's not forget idiot Americans that think you are showing patriotism by wearing a lapel pin or a bumper sticker, but do not demand fair trade agreements or American made goods.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
I don't think it could be said any better!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:46 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
I had many belly laughs in recent years as the wizards of smart described China as the next big thing, much like they did with Japan in the 1980's.

Nothing really innovative comes out of China and never will till they shake free the shackles of communism. If you look underneath the spin China has HUGE problems in all aspects of it's society.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:37 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
They've been using our money, with the help of American companies(traitors), to BUY America.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are being sarcastic, right? To hell with China and the toxic garbage they send us. Let Walmart owners, CEO's and China eat their poison food, use their toxic toothpaste, toys and pet food. I feel sorry for their kids and pets, but hey, what about us and our kids and pets? Enough is enough!
I have to spread some rep around or else id rep you again.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:23 PM

36 posts, read 75,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Again, you can thank corporations such as Walmart for that. Let's not forget idiot Americans that think you are showing patriotism by wearing a lapel pin or a bumper sticker, but do not demand fair trade agreements or American made goods.

I dont feel sorry for them, but YES I do fear them.........I have been saying that for years.

Ohh and most of those lapel pins are made in China.

Along with American Flag apperal "Proud to be an American t-shirts", coffee mugs, etc..........It made me sick to see "made in China" on an American flag t-shirt in Walmart (of course).

The United States first mistake was allowing our Companies to set up shop over there. THIS WILL HAUNT US!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman08 View Post
I dont feel sorry for them, but YES I do fear them.........I have been saying that for years.

Ohh and most of those lapel pins are made in China.

Along with American Flag apperal "Proud to be an American t-shirts", coffee mugs, etc..........It made me sick to see "made in China" on an American flag t-shirt in Walmart (of course).

The United States first mistake was allowing our Companies to set up shop over there. THIS WILL HAUNT US!
I've been making a point of buying American made goods, although getting more and more difficult to find these days. Yeah, isn't it crazy for people to display flags that are made outside of the U.S? When I look at the back of an item and it reads "Made In China", to me it may as well read..."Toxic, Use At Your Own Risk." I put it back on the shelf so quickly you would think that it was radioactive. We are in debt to China and people continue to shop at places like Walmart. Let's not forget that they are so enamored with Walmart, that they will trample a guy to death for stuff...sickening! At least they should opt for fair trade items, but greed and materialism reign supreme in a large part of American culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies