Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

"Yes, we're dummies. You. Me. All 300 million of us. Clueless. We should be ashamed. We're obsessed about the slogans and rituals of "democracy," distracted by the campaign, polls, debates, rhetoric, half-truths and outright lies. McCain? Obama? Sorry to pop your bubble folks, but it no longer matters who's president."

14 reasons Main Street loses while Wall Street sinks democracy - MarketWatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 03:30 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"Yes, we're dummies. You. Me. All 300 million of us. Clueless. We should be ashamed. We're obsessed about the slogans and rituals of "democracy," distracted by the campaign, polls, debates, rhetoric, half-truths and outright lies. McCain? Obama? Sorry to pop your bubble folks, but it no longer matters who's president."

"Finally, the coup de grace: Along came the housing-credit crisis, as planned. Press and public saw a negative, a crisis. Disaster capitalists saw a huge opportunity. Yes, opportunity for big bucks and control of America. Millions of homeowners and marginal banks suffered huge losses. Taxpayers stuck with trillions in debt. But giant banks emerge intact, stronger, with virtual control over government and the power to use taxpayers' funds. They're laughing at us idiots!"

.... Bingo.

This article goes very far to say what I've tried to say. If anything it doesn't go far enough but I'm glad people ARE waking up.

Just keep them blind in their bias, point them to any so-call enemy in their environment, then change the form of what democracy is while they fight.

Thank you Sickofnyc for posting this article. It gives me hope just knowing there are others joining this "silent" fight against powerful entities that shape America's world.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:06 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Excellent article.

All part of the Bush/Cheney plan to eliminate the middle class in America and have a two-tiered society of the Very Wealthy and the Servant Class.

Maybe its time for us to look to history and France in 1789.

We need to oil the guillotine and polish its blade in case we have any new customers.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:13 PM

164 posts, read 240,634 times
Quote:

How can it be that you seem like such a smart, caring and intelligent person with whom I almost always agree and yet ..
..you're sick of NYC?

Oh well I guess you had to have at least one major flaw

Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
How can it be that you seem like such a smart, caring and intelligent person with whom I almost always agree and yet ..
..you're sick of NYC?

I'll second that. I wish I could have the opportunity to spend enough time in NYC for it to become so familiar as to be contemptible.

One day I'll have money. And when I do, like Scarlett said, "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again". I'll EAT the Big Apple, and not leave a core.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Excellent article.

All part of the Bush/Cheney plan to eliminate the middle class in America and have a two-tiered society of the Very Wealthy and the Servant Class.

Maybe its time for us to look to history and France in 1789.

We need to oil the guillotine and polish its blade in case we have any new customers.
Agreed!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
..you're sick of NYC?

Okay...maybe jaded would have been a better choice, but I think I am locked into that name here now. BTW...thanks for the compliment and right back atcha.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:02 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,138 times
Quote:

I've been saying the same thing for ever. No one seems to listen. By the way I read something similar in "USA Today", is that where you got it from?

Democrats, Republicans, what difference does it make? They both should get an award for screwing us....You can call it the bend over, here it comes award.....

Old 12-12-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
I've been saying the same thing for ever. No one seems to listen. By the way I read something similar in "USA Today", is that where you got it from?

Democrats, Republicans, what difference does it make? They both should get an award for screwing us....You can call it the bend over, here it comes award.....
I'm pretty sure that this was published in The Wall Street Journal. I'm no economist, but when money was given to Wall Street and placed in the hands of cronies like Skank Paulson and Kashkari to dole out, even I realized that something was rotten in Denmark. Where was the oversight??? Here's a link to an interesting article that I have posted several times on other threads.

# 25 Bush’s Real Problem with Eliot Spitzer | Project Censored

Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times
What kills me is we, the American people, overwhelmingly told Congress and Senate not to vote for this. Yet, they did it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies