Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support War Crime Trials for Bush & Friends?
YES 118 47.97%
NO 124 50.41%
Don't know 4 1.63%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:38 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,456,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Absolutely!!!!!!!

Clinton lied about a BJ, and the outrage and demand for impeachment was a fire storm.

Bush lies and starts a war, costing 100's of thousands of lives, and no one seems to give a damn.
is there any real proof that he lied?
Or was he lied to?

Old 12-21-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The war is a crime under international customary law and under the UN Charter. It doesn't matter that it was against a murderous tyrant. That is not held as a valid reason to invade a country.

As far as "innocent people" dying in the war, every citizen of an unlawfully invaded country is innocent.
the fact that you have faith in the UN explains it all.
If the UN had taken care of Saddam during the 90's, then Bush wouldn't have had to clean up the mess. (Or had a chance to move is WMD).

Old 12-21-2008, 08:49 PM

568 posts, read 1,480,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
If the UN had taken care of Saddam during the 90's, then Bush wouldn't have had to clean up the mess. (Or had a chance to move is WMD).

Don't you mean if Poppa Bush would have taking care of Suddam in the 90's, Baby Bush wouldn't had to lie to the American people?

Old 12-21-2008, 08:50 PM

540 posts, read 631,213 times
You call me a sociopath and yet your posts speak for themselves. I could not possibly say more to indite you than you do of your own accord. God bless you my son and may God shine his glorious light upon you and heal your special brand of sadness.
I hope that it is the occassion that God has brought you here, you and I togeather, so that I may have the touch that will save your wretched soul.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:56 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,507,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
Nobody spoke of "faith" in the UN or anything else. What was spoke of is the fact that the US is a signatory to the UN Charter. That isn't subjective and does not depend on faith.

Quote:
Actually, President Clinton should've dropped the sanctions in the 90's and brought Iraq back into the community of nations. Instead, he sacrificed a hundred thousand or so Bosnians to keep Yeltsin on board with his genocidal Iraq policy.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,507,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
You call me a sociopath and yet your posts speak for themselves. I could not possibly say more to indite you than you do of your own accord. God bless you my son and may God shine his glorious light upon you and heal your special brand of sadness.
I hope that it is the occassion that God has brought you here, you and I togeather, so that I may have the touch that will save your wretched soul.
Yeah, whatever, I'll keep you posted.

(Checking--no, still haven't turned into a mouth-foaming jingoist yet--but will report back from time to time.)

Old 12-21-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
$50 billion — how much the Oilman’s War was supposed to cost before the invasion of Iraq.
$1.2 trillion — how much the Oilman’s War is now estimated to finally cost.
$10 billion — how much money is unaccounted for in Iraq and post-Katrina.
$45 million — how many Americans are living without health insurance.
$5 million — how many Americans lost health insurance under George Bush.
$3 trillion — the national debt accrued by George Bush. (There was a $2 trillion surplus when he came into office.)
24% — how much of that debt is owed to foreign countries.
There you have it, folks. The conservatives have saved the country from those free-spending, Big Government liberals. Hallelujah!

U.S. Air Force Special Operations pilot and senior interrogator has this to say about the Bush/Cheney torture....
I'm Still Tortured by What I Saw in Iraq
so what your saying is that the war will have cost less than obama's economic stimulus package...
How many people had jobs because of the war. All the contractors and companies building war vehicles.
and, umm, there has never not been a national debt. so how did he inherit a surplus?
Funny, If Clinton had all that extra money, how come Social Security was not repaid?

Old 12-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
A report issued Thursday by the Senate Armed Services Committee has provided official and bipartisan confirmation that the infamous acts of torture carried out by US personnel at Abu Ghraib and Guantánamo were planned, ordered and orchestrated by the highest-ranking officials in the US government. Based on the Senate's own conclusions, those named in the document, including President George W. Bush, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, are guilty of war crimes.

Senate torture report confirms Bush, top officials guilty of war crimes

Considering the reality that Bush's approval rating is almost in the single digits, I'd say that you were in the minority, "my friend."

Wow, a democrat led congress found fault with the republican white house. big suprise there.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
High Court Has Found Bush Guilty of War Crimes
High Court Has Found Bush Guilty of War Crimes | AfterDowningStreet.org

CNN: US Doctors Confirm Bush Guilty of War Crimes
http://think.mtv.com/044FDFFFF00E176D3001700990B60/

Vermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney
Vermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney | U.S. | Reuters

wow, someone who wrote a book about wanting to impeach bush, actually thinks he's guilty of war crimes! I can't believe it.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:36 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,472,943 times
Another editorial writer comes out for full war crime investigation of the two liars:

Cheney articulates chilling truths | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2008/12/22/bookmaned.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies