Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:13 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,851,443 times

Advertisements

As the old year rolls to a close and GW looks back with (to anyone else shame, but to him) pride he can look down the list given him back in early December 2000:

1. Transfer whatever wealth the middle class has left to the wealthiest 1/10 of 1%. CHECK.

2. Shred as much of the US Constitution as you possibly can. CHECK.

3. Bust any unions that you can, always under the guise of "for your own good". CHECK.

4. Change the entire middle east. CHECK.

5. Raid the US Treasury on behalf of your biggest contributors, particularly the "Rangers" Always under the guise of "privatization" because we all know that "business" is much better at "stuff" than "gummint. CHECK.

6. Constantly remind your mouth-breather "base" that everything you've done has always been for their own good, because you're building an "ownership society". Never mention that it's you and your friends that will own everything. Always remind them that even though they are slipping backwards and you and yours are leaping ahead that if they criticize you THEY are ones that are waging "class warfare". CHECK.

7. Screw over the environmental, clean air and clean water regs so that your friends in the extraction industries can do what they want on the "public" lands. CHECK.

I'm sure I've left off some of the things that Rove, Fallwell and Cheney wanted you to do but with the "legacy" you've created you can smugly sit down in Dallas and say to yourself; MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 04:17 PM

273 posts, read 342,927 times
Item number 1 was his main objective, the rest were the means to the end.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:54 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
1. Ignore those with Bush Derangement Syndrome? Check.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:26 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,453,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I cannot believe you still support this jerk. What on heaven's earth is wrong with you?

Old 12-19-2008, 07:37 PM

711 posts, read 933,426 times
[quote=golfgod;6635486]As the old year rolls to a close and GW looks back with (to anyone else shame, but to him) pride he can look down the list given him back in early December 2000:

1. Transfer whatever wealth the middle class has left to the wealthiest 1/10 of 1%. CHECK.

2. Shred as much of the US Constitution as you possibly can. CHECK.

3. Bust any unions that you can, always under the guise of "for your own good". CHECK.

4. Change the entire middle east. CHECK.

5. Raid the US Treasury on behalf of your biggest contributors, particularly the "Rangers" Always under the guise of "privatization" because we all know that "business" is much better at "stuff" than "gummint. CHECK.

6. Constantly remind your mouth-breather "base" that everything you've done has always been for their own good, because you're building an "ownership society". Never mention that it's you and your friends that will own everything. Always remind them that even though they are slipping backwards and you and yours are leaping ahead that if they criticize you THEY are ones that are waging "class warfare". CHECK.

7. Screw over the environmental, clean air and clean water regs so that your friends in the extraction industries can do what they want on the "public" lands. CHECK.

I'm sure I've left off some of the things that Rove, Fallwell and Cheney wanted you to do but with the "legacy" you've created you can smugly sit down in Dallas and say to yourself; MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

golfgod

I agree. However if Bush was able to run again he would probably garner many votes!
It is exactly at that point where most of the US problems originate.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
I'll bet we'll be seeing Jeb in 2012... promising to put everything back the way it was... back in the good ole days.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Ignore all facts and anything even hinting of reality. CHECK

Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 PM

711 posts, read 933,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I'll bet we'll be seeing Jeb in 2012... promising to put everything back the way it was... back in the good ole days.
Hopefully the ruling class culture will be rejected by Americans--an extremely dangerous situation.

Bush/Clinton Nix. I was not in favor of having Hillary in the new cabinet either.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:23 PM

478 posts, read 959,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I cannot believe you still support this jerk. What on heaven's earth is wrong with you?

It's called cognitive dissonance.

An ego-based defensive mechanism to avoid dealing with reality.

For people who still defend Bush and his band of criminals, accepting the truth of what he has done to this country would be a crippling blow to how they view themselves and the world around them.

They will go to the most absurd lengths to never let that happen.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:00 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,453,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
It's called cognitive dissonance.

An ego-based defensive mechanism to avoid dealing with reality.

For people who still defend Bush and his band of criminals, accepting the truth of what he has done to this country would be a crippling blow to how they view themselves and the world around them.

They will go to the most absurd lengths to never let that happen.
Yes, I get cognitive dissonance. And then there is sheer stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies