Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 03:13 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well, the world is a complex place. I wouldn't want to live in world that's been sanitized for 4-year-olds.

I'm sure you were much more bothered by whatever you saw than your nephew was.

I guess there were we differ I would prefer my nephew and children not to be exposed to men being exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 03:17 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I was interrupted by one in Chicago and how happy I was that my 4 year old nephew could see men dressed as such was more than a little aggravating.

Spelling smack the ultimate I have no argument so Im going to go for the 3rd grade attack. Also, I understand why you wouln't undestand what I'm talking about when it comes to values and morals.
Oh, if I just had a dollar for every time I was interrupted by a gay pride parade! Then I'd be broke.

The likelihood of your 4 year old nephew hearing the phrase "get laid" on a commercial for "Two and a Half Men" is about 10,000 times more likely. That should be more of a concern.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:19 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
I guess there were we differ I would prefer my nephew and children not to be exposed to men being exposed.
I've been to a pride parade in West Hollywood and didn't see a single penis. Plenty of man nipples, but that's perfectly legal.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:21 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,416,267 times
my two cents=
I think it boils down to civil rights and since I'm not a white, heterosexual, anglo-saxon, male.. I'm always at a disadvantage.. I think the system has some flaws and I'd like to see it get righted.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:18 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,707,580 times
Spring Break...Mardi Gras...both shining examples of upstanding hetero behavior. So, does that mean you, Mr. NO MARRIAGE FOR, are as similar? Do you run around grabbing crotches, ogling breasts, beer-bonging or perhaps instead bury yourself in the bath surrounded by lewd publications?

Is that suggestion an insult to your character? Because you are not like that? And you know many who are also a bit better behaved? Yes?

For a moment, try to understand that we are speaking of PEOPLE and that whether or not their orientation agrees with you, they are as varied in behavior.

PEOPLE.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 PM

37,216 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Really, because gays are so much better right. I mean who wouldn't want some one like this to be able to marry and adopt a child.
I'd rather see that than to have an innocent child exposed to this bunch.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/femichel/palin.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-25-2009, 09:17 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Better one of them than Nadya Suleman.
I'm against gay marriage....but I STRONGLY agree with this.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Exactly! I served 6 years in the Air Force, have been mongamous for 14 years, go to church every Sunday (well, almost), fly my American flag proudly on my front porch, and my highest priority is raising and nurturing my children and making it "until death do we part". I get up and go to work every day to help provide a home for my children and be a productive member in society.

Oh, wait. I'm also gay, so I forgot to pick at the seams that hold the country together today. Thanks for reminding me
I'm a little confused about you referring to my God as "YOUR god" if you go to church every Sunday....

Old 02-25-2009, 09:20 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,416,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm a little confused about you referring to my God as "YOUR god" if you go to church every Sunday....
Trouble maker!

hehe

Last edited by FlaGrrrl; 02-25-2009 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: found something better

Old 02-26-2009, 12:48 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
I am now at the point where I think anyone who ever uses the term "activist judge" should be publicly flogged, skinned, salted and burned.

SC judges exist to interpret the law and Constitution. If judges determine that allowing marriage for straights and not gays is unconstitutional due to the 14th or what have you, then that's no different, process wise anyway, from them deciding that segregation violates the constitution. That's what purpose the courts serve.

Marbury v Madison. Read up. There was an author on the Colbert Report talking about it recently too, so maybe visuals and dry jokes will be easier to comprehend for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies