Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:14 PM

687 posts, read 1,946,782 times

Advertisements

To back up the point, Antioch is almost 50 miles away. In the Bay Area, that might as well be on the other side of the planet. Not San Francisco geographically, economically, or culturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 01:58 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Here...

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/gizmo980/AntiochSF2.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-02-2009, 04:42 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
The thread title says "SanFran liberals," but the article is about Antioch, California?

Where is the article about "SanFran liberals"?

I was sold a false bill of goods!
Yeah, you are correct. San Fran libs would toss all those kinds of people in high crime projects there and then scream from their Marin County or Pacific Heights areas about tolerance.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:02 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Here...
ok, that puts it into perspective now.. thats like out by livermore and pleasanton... which is like uber republican and conservative area...

Old 01-02-2009, 06:15 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times
When I first step foot in San Francisco it was a White liberal relative of mine that told me to avoid at all costs a predominantly Black area of the city called Hunters Point because of the high crime/murder rate there.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:28 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
When I first step foot in San Francisco it was a White liberal relative of mine that told me to avoid at all costs a predominantly Black area of the city called Hunters Point because of the high crime/murder rate there.
Let's see here....so your relative was warning you about a high crime area...hmmm, what a shame. How wrong of someone to give you a heads up about a crime-ridden area. Next time someone asks me where they should live in Milwaukee, I'll make a point to direct them to the center of the ghetto, just so I won't be mistaken for a racist.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Yeah, you are correct. San Fran libs would toss all those kinds of people in high crime projects there and then scream from their Marin County or Pacific Heights areas about tolerance.
Yeah, because so many liberal San Franciscans can afford to live in Pac Heights and Marin.... suuuuuuuuure. Almost everyone I know here is a self-professed "liberal," and most of us can barely even afford those projects! I live in the Bayview/Hunter's Point area, which I bet you wouldn't even set foot in without a bodyguard.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
As I just posted a second ago, I LIVE in that neighborhood - and I am about as liberal as one can get (and white, unless you consider Jews to be minorities). Like Karfar said, that is simply a dangerous area, no matter what race the residents happen to be... nobody in their right mind would send a tourist there, and yet we have no problem directing people to other diverse neighborhoods. It's called common sense, not racism. Would you tell a visitor to Los Angeles to hang out in Compton & Watts?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:34 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
When I first moved to SF back in the early 90's I was told that the nickname for Pacific heights was "Specific Whites" ! LOL!
Antioch's relationship to SF could be described as not even Apples and Oranges but more like Apples to Cactus.
This whole lame attempt at 'slamming' those "evil liberals" is just plain silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies