Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 05:17 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
I'm asking for an article regarding this other incident with Islamic people that were causing problems on the plane.
The incident he refers to was all over the internet and news a year or so ago... It was I believe a group of Libyan musicians... Later reports by the FBI indicated they thought it was a definite case of probing our defenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 05:22 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
I'm not being PC. I'm pro-rights. If the FBI cleared people they should be able to get back on the damn plane or on a different flight at the same airline.

And isn't Salman Rushdie of Muslim decent? I have a friend who is Palestinian that thinks that fundamentalism is abhorrent, so I dunno, maybe you should make friends with people that follow Islam and ask them? You would be surprised.

And you can't tell if a white guy is a terrorist sympathizer by looking at them either, can you?

Old 01-02-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Would you mind linking to an article tinman? I'd like to know why someone that was trying to hijack and crash an airplane would try to get kicked off said airplane, hopefully the article explains this.

See the Fox News report at this link:

YouTube - Audrey Hudson on Flight 327

Old 01-02-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not being PC. I'm pro-rights. If the FBI cleared people they should be able to get back on the damn plane or on a different flight at the same airline.

And isn't Salman Rushdie of Muslim decent? I have a friend who is Palestinian that thinks that fundamentalism is abhorrent, so I dunno, maybe you should make friends with people that follow Islam and ask them? You would be surprised.

And you can't tell if a white guy is a terrorist sympathizer by looking at them either, can you?
You sound PC...

You ignore the idea that the public is nervous about Muslims because all they see is the terrorism they commit - and never see any public displays of outrage against terrorism by Muslims... And I do have Muslim friends - the guy in the office next to me at work is a Pakistani Muslim - and he says that most Muslims are afraid to speak out..

I do not contend that all Muslims are terrorists - but it does seem that nearly all terrorists are Muslims - sorry if that disturbs you..

I value the lives of my wife and children and friends more than your opinion of me - sorry.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
You sound PC...

You ignore the idea that the public is nervous about Muslims because all they see is the terrorism they commit - and never see any public displays of outrage against terrorism by Muslims... And I do have Muslim friends - the guy in the office next to me at work is a Pakistani Muslim - and he says that most Muslims are afraid to speak out..

I do not contend that all Muslims are terrorists - but it does seem that all terrorists are Muslims - sorry if that disturbs you..
You seem to be ignoring the fact that the FBI cleared these people of being terrorists.

Also it's a good thing that the IRA is secretly run by Islamic militants, Timothy McVeigh was praying to Allah when he was heading to Oklahoma, and Olympic Bombing was secretly funded by Osama Bin Laden.

Sorry, Islam doesn't corner the market on terrorism.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:46 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
You sound PC...

I do not contend that all Muslims are terrorists - but it does seem that nearly all terrorists are Muslims - sorry if that disturbs you..

I value the lives of my wife and children and friends more than your opinion of me - sorry.
And by making your assumption that nearly all terrorists are Muslim you show me you are a follower, having obviously done no research of your own into the problem of terrorism. Instead, you obviously gain most of your information from the nightly news. There are terrorist cells across the world comprised of almost every nationality. In Ireland they have the IRA, a well known terrorist organization. In Israel we have Mossad, the Israeli version of the CIA, a group also known to be involved in terrorist activities. Here in the US, we have hundreds of secret groups bent on the destruction of the system and the current way of life we all enjoy. Terrorists are everywhere and you certainly do not have to be Muslim or Arabic to qualify.

You must realize that by allowing the nightly news to influence your opinions you are being effectively manipulated. Anti-Muslim propaganda is essential if the government wishes to keep us willing to war with these Arab nations. We don't support this cause because we believe in the cause, we support it out of fear of those terrorists we are always hearing about. If you really want to worry about terrorism, look to our very own capital. Because that is where the enemy is. Not in some foreign land or from some foreign country. We are our own worst enemy. And all of our government's anti-terrorism legislation has done nothing to combat the terrorists abroad. They are being used to monitor and control the citizens of this country. How's that for counter terrorism!

Those people should have been allowed to continue their journey. Nothing more than propaganda-inspired paranoia kept them off of that plane.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:53 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
And by making your assumption that nearly all terrorists are Muslim you show me you are a follower, having obviously done no research of your own into the problem of terrorism. Instead, you obviously gain most of your information from the nightly news. There are terrorist cells across the world comprised of almost every nationality. In Ireland they have the IRA, a well known terrorist organization. In Israel we have Mossad, the Israeli version of the CIA, a group also known to be involved in terrorist activities. Here in the US, we have hundreds of secret groups bent on the destruction of the system and the current way of life we all enjoy. Terrorists are everywhere and you certainly do not have to be Muslim or Arabic to qualify.

You must realize that by allowing the nightly news to influence your opinions you are being effectively manipulated. Anti-Muslim propaganda is essential if the government wishes to keep us willing to war with these Arab nations. We don't support this cause because we believe in the cause, we support it out of fear of those terrorists we are always hearing about. If you really want to worry about terrorism, look to our very own capital. Because that is where the enemy is. Not in some foreign land or from some foreign country. We are our own worst enemy. And all of our government's anti-terrorism legislation has done nothing to combat the terrorists abroad. They are being used to monitor and control the citizens of this country. How's that for counter terrorism!

Those people should have been allowed to continue their journey. Nothing more than propaganda-inspired paranoia kept them off of that plane.
I think you are overreacting to Hubble's posts... He is NOT saying that all Muslims are terrorists.

He is talking about one specific incident - and I agree 100% that the Muslims SHOULD have been removed from the plane - for the safety of the other passengers - until everything could be checked out and they be cleared to fly...

I think that Political Correctness with some is a religion - and an obsession - they have so been brainwashed into group-think and conformity that they have lost the ability to think rationally.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Let's just agree to respectfully disagree on this one...

I think the airline did the right thing... They should not have let them continue their journey until the FBI formally cleared them - and it seems that did not happen until way after the incident played out...

You think I'm paranoid - and I think you are politically correct.. I resent your starting the name calling - I am NOT a follower - and I don't think your comparisons of the IRA or Moussad or our own government to Islamic Terrorism makes one bit of sense.

We will never see eye to eye on this.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:59 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
In Israel we have Mossad, the Israeli version of the CIA, a group also known to be involved in terrorist activities.
The Mossad is virulently anti-terrorist. Try again.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:01 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Everybody will be sued, including the passengers that reported it. That's the way it works in this country lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies