Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What a ridiculous statement, do you realize that? So by your "logic", it's not ok to single out grandma, but it's ok to single out every person that you deem is a muslim terrorist? Assinine.
What is assinine is knowing the profile (99% of the time) of the terrorists (under forty, male, middle-eastern), but to make the Left and the ACLU happy, we snatch granny and her shoes. That's assinine.

Today, now, we know muslim terrorists (of middle-eastern origin) are the main characters that fit the profile.

Quote:
It's actually not that ridiculous. How do you know that grandma wasn't compromised? Maybe terrorists are holding her grandchild and threatening to kill her unless she takes this package on the plane with her. You know perfectly well that if there's some way around security that it WILL be exploited.
IF that were ever to happen, we can add her to the list of potentials. Until then, lets look for the people who we know are planning on attacking us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 02:31 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What is assinine is knowing the profile (99% of the time) of the terrorists (under forty, male, middle-eastern), but to make the Left and the ACLU happy, we snatch granny and her shoes. That's assinine.

Today, now, we know muslim terrorists (of middle-eastern origin) are the main characters that fit the profile.
As the quote went just after 9-11, "There are 26 people on that 'Watch List', and 23 of them have the name 'Mohammed'.....and you can't see a PATTERN in that ?".......

Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
It is absolutely necessary that suspicious people are detained and questioned...

To do otherwise is to allow another 9/11 to occur..

I don't understand the fanatical support for all Muslims from the other side - they just refuse to recognize than a fair portion of them are terrorist sympathizers - polls have shown this to be so...

I have to assume they have been so brainwashed to be politically correct that it has turned into a death wish for them... which is absolutely fine with me - just don't expect me and my loved ones to willingly go along...

I also have to imagine that a large portion of those who died on 9/11 had similar sympathetic feelings towards Muslims - right up until the moment the buildings came down and they were pounded into pulp...

Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
This country for some reason has become obsessed with PC. Don't dare offend people in jail. Don't dare offend pedophiles by calling them sexual predatores. Don't offend the muslems. Whoa watch out that cartoon showing an arab walking his camel is offensive. Damn grow some thick skin already. I am a navy vet. I have heard every gay joke about sailors at least 100 times each. I have heard that US military personel are society's misfits. We joined because we couldn't make it anywhere else. We are under educated, less than intellegent and these comments by some elected reps. I am so over it. But damn let a muslem feel singled out and watch out.
Muslems get over it. Every religion, every race, every sex gets tagged. What makes Muslems so special?

Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
There is nothing wrong about profiling... but you don't suspect everyone of terrorism "just because" which is the logic a lot of people have been using on this forum.... You see a black guy in Mercedes, do you assume he stole it automatically? Nope... you have a brain use it.... You see a Muslim, do you assume he is a terrorist? Base on some of you, I wouldn't be surprise to hear do it because its safer... aka "just because"....

Old 01-03-2009, 02:39 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,084,255 times
I'm not against the screening, I'm against allowing passengers to do the screening. This family passed through the pre-flight screening, so they were no threat. But then some teens decided to play a prank and report them, just so that they could be interviewed on Fox News.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Without a doubt, protecting from terrorism. I could care less about offending them.

The muslims seem to be hypersensitive regarding their religion. I think this country and others go out of the way to not offend them - too much in my opinion.

Unless and until they show the same kind of courtesy and tolerance for other religions and opinions, I say "screw them".
I can see where you are coming from but I find your post to be mean spirited.

No offense, you do not seem to show courtesy or tolerance for other religions or people who have different opinions or people who are different than you. Should I just say "*********"? I respect your beliefs but I do not think it is right when your religious beliefs interfere with other peoples lives. Such as gay marriage. You can hold it to yourself but should not to other people.

I agree though that protecting us from terrorism is more important but so is making sure they get their rights as well. They seem hyper sensitive because people in USA (Not just extreme right wing-but many people in USA) constantly are picking at their religion and bashing it. I do not agree with their religion but they can live by it. I do not agree with Christianity but don't care if other people are Christian.

This is why they are upset and I do not blame them.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I'm not against the screening, I'm against allowing passengers to do the screening. This family passed through the pre-flight screening, so they were no threat. But then some teens decided to play a prank and report them, just so that they could be interviewed on Fox News.
And you know this as fact how? Please provide a link to back this claim.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:46 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There is nothing wrong about profiling... but you don't suspect everyone of terrorism "just because" which is the logic a lot of people have been using on this forum.... You see a black guy in Mercedes, do you assume he stole it automatically? Nope... you have a brain use it.... You see a Muslim, do you assume he is a terrorist? Base on some of you, I wouldn't be surprise to hear do it because its safer... aka "just because"....
Good post, and this is pretty much where I stand. I don't mind profiling to a certain degree. But you can't allow our police and "security" personnel to have a blank check to cash by our freedoms being surrendered.

"Those who would compromise freedom for security deserve neither"

Old 01-03-2009, 02:50 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Good post, and this is pretty much where I stand. I don't mind profiling to a certain degree. But you can't allow our police and "security" personnel to have a blank check to cash by our freedoms being surrendered.

"Those who would compromise freedom for security deserve neither"
I definitely agree - one needs 'reasonable cause' to suspect someone of potential terrorist activity...

I don't think anyone on this forum is blindly devoted to an extreme position...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies