Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:08 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
When you offer a balanced view of the situation, including links to Hamas' aggression against Israel, I'll watch them. But your attempt to demonize Israel, and paint Hamas as though they were some kind of "freedom fighters" rather than the terrorists they are, makes it clear that it would be futile to engage in any conversation with you. In my opinion, Israel should pull back, but Hamas PURPOSELY kills Palestinian women and children. They are cowards.
Hamas PURPOSELY kills civilians, and Israel does not?

How blind you must be. I'm sure the images of terrorist attacks against Israeli's are seared in your brain, but your mainstream media doesnt report on Israeli aggression, Israeli snipers, Israeli jails holding thousands of Palestinians, or the Israeli airstrikes that kill hundreds of civilians, more in one week than suicide bombers could kill in a couple years.

The truth is out there, but its not going to be found in the mainstream media. The only time the MSM reports on Israel is when its been hit with a suicide attack. As far as their actions, nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 06:16 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Hmmm so what about Hitler? He never attacked US!
He declared war on the USA

Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
So I guess this means you are on record saying the United States should not come to the aid of Israel if things start going bad for them.
No I would not supprt any such move. Israel can take care of its business alone. But if things go bad for them, they just go bad.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He declared war on the USA
His submarines also attacked US flagged ships.
Not to mention one of his axis power allies did attack Pearl Harbor.
I agree with Kev. If things go bad Israel should stand alone. Its their battle not ours.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM

274 posts, read 197,394 times
Default The truth in gaza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDjthFt6EZg

Never! Trust the main stream media! I bet all those children and women they are slaughtering in the genocide in palestine are terrorists.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM

274 posts, read 197,394 times
Palestinian civilians are continuing to suffer as the Israeli military pushes deeper into the Gaza Strip.

At least 548 people have been killed in the territory in the last 10 days, with at least 100 deaths reported since the Israeli ground offensive began on Saturday.

Among the dead on Monday was a family of seven from Shati refugee camp, who were killed by Israeli navy shelling.
Three siblings from one family, as well as a girl and her grandfather, also died in the Zeitoun neighbourhood of Gaza during artillery shelling.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...237167997.html

[mod edit:copyright]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 01-05-2009 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM

91 posts, read 122,104 times
Default Should Israel adhere to requests for a ceasefire? I doubt it....

I think Israel made a terrible mistake by going into war in the first place! I know they had to respond to the rocket attacks but even so they should have consulted with the Arab Leaders in the region and showed the Palastian people that they at least made a conserted effort not to go to war over rockets. Now it seems as though all Israel needed was an excuse to pulverize Hamas and Hamas gave it to them. My heart goes out to the civilian casualties in Gaza as well as the Israeli people.

Israel's dilemma is do they stop or do they finish off Hamas. Hamas is not the only Muslim leadership assessing Israel's military might they will have to empress every Muslim state in the world, even the suicide bombers! Their achilles hill is going to be the suicide bombers, the rockets will seem like fire crackers. How does one contain people who don't have to be Palastinian to seek revenge on the Israeli people? I'm talking about people who are willing to give their lives for a good enough reason. The Israelis may have to take this war to the end or prove to the Muslim world that their intentions were good.

Does anybody see this differently?

Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GDjthFt6EZg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GDjthFt6EZg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Never! Trust the main stream media! I bet all those children and women they are slaughtering in the genocide in palestine are terrorists.
The 'truth'? Whose truth??? Your truth??? Sounds an awful lot like 'Hamas's Truth' to me...

Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Sure, trust a news organization that supports islamic terrorist.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Israel needs to finish the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies