Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you accept Homosexuals and Homosexuality?
Yes 116 73.42%
No 37 23.42%
I don't know 5 3.16%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Just wanted to know what you guys and gals think. Reasons on why you do or don't are welcome. Comments are greatly appreciated.
I personally don't accept homosexuality because of my religion. I do accept the right of a person to choose a homosexual lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 05:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I've given this a lot of thought recently. I have always accepted homosexuals and homosexuality as an everyday facet of life, and I will continue the fight for their rights. A question for all of you who have strong 'religious' convictions against homosexuality. I hear 'hate the sin, love the sinner' a lot, especially lately and I have to say.... I will continue to love religious people but I will not accept nor condone the actions of the religious in any way, shape or form. Maybe I'll protest at churches just based on the fact that you're religious and I don't accept that lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, I still like you and think you're great, I just will never accept how you live your life and I will try and change everything about you with all of my might. Seems fair, right??

Old 01-08-2009, 06:00 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,352 times
I could care less what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes but there are many aspects of gay culture that I do not support like their gay pride parades for example.
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Gay-Pride-Parade.jpg (broken link)
http://en.ce.cn/Life/trend/200806/30...4798203203.jpg
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gayso...XRDL_thumb.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o4/25/630725/1/62...ayParade45.JPG
http://www.nightcharm.com/imagesblog...gay-pride2.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1039/...5d581c.jpg?v=0

No wonder many heterosexuals look down on gay culture.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:21 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
In order for an ordinary person to answer a question such as this, he or she would have to know what homosexuality really is. Is it a choice? Or is it something that homosexuals are born with? Do they accept their own desires? Or do they find them "wrong"?
Why are there so many heterosexual people and so little homosexual people? Or is that really the case? Can homosexuality be curved? Or is it a basic drive that cant be blocked? If homosexuality is so strong why do homosexuals not fight with all their guts to have the life they want?

To me its an obscure subject. And maybe it needs a lot more light.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
I accept the reality of homosexuality, although I do not embrace the choice myself.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:18 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
i dont ever understand that whole "dont bring it around me" bit. "Dont shove it down my throat". what the hell does that mean? lets play pretend.

pretend i am of the homosexual variety. we work together. you ask me how my weekend went, i saw, "wonderful, me and chip went fishing" you say, "chip? is that your brother?" i say "no that is my life partner" is that shoving it in your face, or just making normal pleasant conversation?

would having a framed picture of a significant other (who happens to be of the same sex) on my desk be shoving it in your face? would holding hands be shoving it in your face?

if you object to that behaviour in the gays, would you object to that behaviour in the straights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
That is a question that cannot be answered with the choices you gave.
I will never accept Homosexual behavior as being moral, because of personal religious beliefs.
I do not think Homosexual marriage should be sanctified.

Do I think our government has a right to tell consenting adults they cannot engage in certain sexual acts in the privacy of their own home? NO I do not.

Do I think a majority of citizens should be forced to recognize Homosexual marriage. NO

Can a government tell PRIVATE employers that they must hire people who hold beliefs that are contrary to their values. NO

The key to the previous sentence is the word PRIVATE. A State or Federal government employer should not be allowed to discriminate against Gays and certain other groups.

Should anyone be allowed to beat the crap out of another person because of their sexual orientation? HELL NO.

Should I be punished by Government AUTHORITIES if I say that I think Homosexuality is deviant behavior? NO. Unless I am on the CLOCK during work hours at a government workplace.

The flip side, should I be exposed to activities that PROMOTE a GAY lifestyle when I am working at a Government job? NO.

Note a Government job can also mean a PRIVATE company that does business with Government institutions.

So basically what I think is this: I don't want to know what your sexual orientation is. I am not going to ask you. If you insist on telling me and then are offended because I do not approve of that lifestyle. . . that is YOUR problem not mine.

GL2

Old 01-09-2009, 06:24 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
The only difference in mainstrean gays and lesbians and me, IMO, is what is done behind closed doors. And in that respect, many are just like me- they sleep alone with a dog at the foot of their bed.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,175 times
Nope.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
That is a question that cannot be answered with the choices you gave.
I will never accept Homosexual behavior as being moral, because of personal religious beliefs.
I do not think Homosexual marriage should be sanctified.

Do I think our government has a right to tell consenting adults they cannot engage in certain sexual acts in the privacy of their own home? NO I do not.

Do I think a majority of citizens should be forced to recognize Homosexual marriage. NO

Can a government tell PRIVATE employers that they must hire people who hold beliefs that are contrary to their values. NO

The key to the previous sentence is the word PRIVATE. A State or Federal government employer should not be allowed to discriminate against Gays and certain other groups.

Should anyone be allowed to beat the crap out of another person because of their sexual orientation? HELL NO.

Should I be punished by Government AUTHORITIES if I say that I think Homosexuality is deviant behavior? NO. Unless I am on the CLOCK during work hours at a government workplace.

The flip side, should I be exposed to activities that PROMOTE a GAY lifestyle when I am working at a Government job? NO.

Note a Government job can also mean a PRIVATE company that does business with Government institutions.

So basically what I think is this: I don't want to know what your sexual orientation is. I am not going to ask you. If you insist on telling me and then are offended because I do not approve of that lifestyle. . . that is YOUR problem not mine.

GL2
What he said.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Gunluvver2 does take the cake on this one.
Everything he said basically says it all.
I agree 100 percent with him/her on this one.
Only the last paragraph is a personal thought . So I should add mine even though his sounds great too.
Mine is this: Even though i dont know much about gays, i would accept them as friends insofar as they didnt try to make being gay an issue I have to deal with. So long as its "their" issue and not mine, I would "accept " them. If they tried to say for example, tell me all about it and want me to hang with them at gay parties and such, well thats where i would draw the line. The same thing with people who live an otherwise extreme lifestyle like mate swapping, that would definately be a no no. And I would be very hesitant to "accept" this .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies