Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Chilling Effect | cooling heated rhetoric on global warming » IFL: Inauguration Will Produce 575 MILLION Pounds of CO2!

Just LOOK at the destruction and mayhem the first green president's inauguration will cause to the planet.

But of course, none of that matters. He's a lib and the liberals who insist the average folks change their habits have no intention of course in changing theirs.

In addition to it being the most costly, it will be the dirtiest as well.
And, this would be different if McCain was being inaugurated how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 10:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
You're so unhappy.
Actually, no. I'm expecting a nice payoff with all of obama's giveaways.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
A perspective doesn't help propagate the cause of such articles, usually written with a tunnel vision to produce an agenda.

I couldn't help, however, calculating 0.065 ton/person actually isn't too bad. To put THIS in perspective, a typical pickup/SUV puts 10-11 ton/year of CO2.

PS. 575 million pounds = 261K tons (metric).

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 01-16-2009 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Conversion added.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
The Chilling Effect | cooling heated rhetoric on global warming » IFL: Inauguration Will Produce 575 MILLION Pounds of CO2!

Just LOOK at the destruction and mayhem the first green president's inauguration will cause to the planet.

But of course, none of that matters. He's a lib and the liberals who insist the average folks change their habits have no intention of course in changing theirs.

I say who gives a crap. I'm still struggling with the metric system here so all those figures sounds like Greek to me. I'm jsut sorry I can't be there to add to it all....

Let's get the party started .

Old 01-16-2009, 11:32 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
With such a high risk of being assassinated at this party you would think he would want to keep things on a lower key.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
I think the chance of it being low-key was never an option. Not when you think 2 million people are going to show up for an historic event.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think the chance of it being low-key was never an option. Not when you think 2 million people are going to show up for an historic event.
Thats pretty true. 2 million... wow, that is a completely impossible number to police.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:26 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I think the odds of there being some kind of accident, a stampede,a bus running out of control, fighting over viewing positions, drunkeness fueled arguments, etc. are more worrisome. The police will be on high alert and won't take any kind of crap which will also make them a target for rowdy revellers.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:58 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:

This post is a bandwidth disaster....

Old 01-17-2009, 05:55 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:

Where has Al Gore been lately...under the warm bed sheets? He probable will pop up when the Summer is here and starts his bs again...

It will be funny to see all these fans enjoy his inauguration and save on gas by not being in their homes and standing for hours outside to see their Messiah...better enjoy it until they have walked over to the mailbox and no bailout check will be in there for them, and they start to realize who the real politician is of change and changed words!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies