Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 05:09 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,816,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
If you have something to say to our former President, write a letter, be man or woman enough to sign your name to it, and mail it.

Writing this drivel on a public message board for a bunch of names with no faces to read is nothing more than pathetic and achieves nothing.

You didn't like our former President? Fine. That's your right. How long are people like you going to continue to roll in the mire and muck that is your hatred?

Today was a remarkable day. We watched the symbolic transition of power from one man to another, one party to another, with dignity and grace ... something that I would suggest the OP, along with many of you, knows nothing about.

Fortunately for us Barack is not among you and will not represent you. He doesn't need you to succeed or be a good President. Fortunately he is a man who wants to move on and raise this country up and not wallow in past disappointments the way many of you here have done for the past 8 years never being able to accept that you lost (legally lost) in 2000 and again in 2004.

Today was a day that we were able to watch all this unfold and see magnificent pictures of this great country from sea to shining sea as we listen to "My Country Tis Of Thee". Yet all some can do is write a diatribe of hatred and disgust about a man who truly does NOT deserve it. I may disagree with much of what he has done, but I'm reasonably certain that I sit here today able to type on my keyboard because this President has kept us safe. And if we are not safe, if terrorism invades and permeates our country, none of the rest of it is going to matter at all.

It's over. Now you've won. So be happy, be excited about the future and hope that Barack Obama can measure up to even half of what people expect from him, hope that this President is surrounded by wise men and women who can help him find the right path.

These are extremely difficult and frightening times. President Obama said so himself today. Did you not listen to his address? Probably not because you're much happier wallowing in the past than looking forward.

Fortunately for the country, I think you're in the minority. The majority of this country wants to move forward toward a better tomorrow. Sure hope so anyway.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Most of the Bush bashing is very personal and that is sad. For whatever you believe about his job as president, Bush did his best. And he did what he could to make a smooth transition for Obama, unlike what Clinton did to Bush when he left office. How you treat others says very much about your character. So lets get off the Bush bashing and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 05:09 PM

283 posts, read 597,621 times
You liberals are so typical. Blame this on Bush, blame that on Bush, blame him on bush. Bla bla bla.

Did you ever think that we should blame this war on the terrorist, this economic crisis on Clinton, and Katrina on Mother Nature?

Bush will be seen as a great president in a thousand or two thousand some years. You just watch!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:16 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Is that why oil is now at historic lows?
Oil is not at historic lows.Its gone up .33 gal here in ca in less then a month.Its expected to increase again & again.The bush family is a oil family.Im quite sure they have made millions.Greed is alive & well in america.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Just a tip. No one will read ANYTHING from you if you don't use paragraphs. Not that I expect Bush or anyone important to read your rant but I know I certainly wasn't going to strain my eyesight over that big blob of black type.
The problem is the public schools (government schools) controlled by liberals. They don't think it important to teach proper grammer or writing skills anymore.

I agree with you. When I see something like that, I usually skip it. I'm not going to waste my time trying to get through it.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:21 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Oil is not at historic lows.Its gone up .33 gal here in ca in less then a month.Its expected to increase again & again.The bush family is a oil family.Im quite sure they have made millions.Greed is alive & well in america.

??

Oil is at $30 something a barrel...when was the last time it was that cheap?

I think you're talking about gas, which has gone up a bit recently...but it's still a helluva lot cheaper than it was a year ago.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I REALLY doubt that Bush even knows what a paragraph is.
You people are sooooo tiresome! Do you know what a paragraph is?

I'm so sick of the left calling Bush "stupid", an "idiot", etc. etc.

I know he's smarter than Obama. At least he knows we don't have 57 states!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:29 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, I didn't have to read too far to realize this thread is just another worthless Bush hating diatribe. Not worth the time.

I never realized how hateful the Democrats were before. They truly are the Party of Hate.
Ive known this for a long time now. And they also have NO sense of
humor. Zilch,Zero,Nada. I feel sorry for them.

Greenchili

Old 01-20-2009, 05:29 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You people are sooooo tiresome! Do you know what a paragraph is?

I'm so sick of the left calling Bush "stupid", an "idiot", etc. etc.

I know he's smarter than Obama. At least he knows we don't have 57 states!
Whatever. Your boy Bush will now have plenty of time to "practice his love" with his woman.
Actually, a divorce there would not shock me.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:32 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,237,341 times
I'm tired of all the bashing period.
You all think you could do better.?
This proves this country is full of a bunch of cry babies who will never be happy.
You have the right to feel sorry for yourself all the time, carry on.
You want to be miserable all the time and blame others that is your choice.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:34 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Actually, a divorce there would not shock me.
Based on what?? You know Laura personally???

Do some people think before they post? I guess I answered my own question with your post. NO they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies