Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:45 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,192 times

Advertisements

Maybe this belongs in the P and OC section, however since it does, in a way, involve Obama, I will post it here.
The mods can move it if they want.
Of course I don't expect it to, however, you never know. I'll just pretend it is and say, as he had his last full day in office.....
Good %$#@#$ riddance.
You were an absolute disgrace as a president. The only two things that I can think I can give you even a little credit for are the creation of the TSA (something that came about sooner than later thanks to your goofy handling of the warnings of 9/11) and increased AIDS funding for Africa. Too bad that for all the possible lives you saved in Africa, you overshadowed that by killing maybe a 1/2 million people thanks to you invading another country on a lie, just to say "I'm better than Daddy."

Your presidency was almost worthless. The best thing about it is it was so bad, that Republicans will mostly be a minority party for at least 8 years and hopefully more. Where I can start? You had 2 terms that you did not win legally (thanks to Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell). You oppressed the reproductive rights of women to choose worldwide. Don't give me this "right to life crap", you don't give a rat's ass about a human life after it's out the womb. You ignored pre 9/11 intelligence since you were, inside your twisted mind, rooting for a war, to make money for your friends and GOP donors and get oil. You used a forged document about Iran trying to get uranium from Africa, yet pressure CBS to fire Rather because of documents that could not be authenticated. You outed a CIA agent (or turned a blind eye to your thugs doing so) since her husband spoke out against a war and ruined her career, while you stayed in yours. You tried to get the AG to sign off on torture, while he was sick in his hospital bed, to beat a deadline to make it ok. You had AG's fired, just because they were not GOP lapdogs and rewarded those big time that played the game. You appointed an AG who basically got fired for lying about the attorney purge (I know he resigned, but you do think we are that dumb, oops, some of your Limbaugh listeners probably are). You don't think that government should help the people, so you played a big role in the gross negligence of Katrina. You tried to privatize Social Security and told us, if it passed, to invest the retirement money in the stock market 3 years ago, well thank god that did not go anywhere. You've had people arrested at rallies for wearing T shirts that did not approve of you and phony reporters that asked you softball questions at press conferences (Jeff Gannon). You screwed Scott McCleanan over big time, as he covered for your lies. You ordered torture and then spent all but your last few days lying about it. I think you get the idea.
You were the same as a 150 hitter in baseball, you disgrace of a president, even if Obama, say for a hypothetical sake, "hits" 200, that will still suck compared to other presidents. However, it will still beat the hell out of you.
You never won an election legally, the supreme court put you in. You used the Christian Right big time (while calling the constitution a Goddamed piece of paper). One last thing, I hope you read the editorials on your presidency, especially worldwide, about your 8 years of waste. Very damning.

I don't worship Obama, ok. However, I know that all this anticipation about him taking over, is more, due to your sorry ass leaving.

Oh, BTW, send a big #$%@ you to Cheney while you're at it too (who probably was the real president and just used you all this time).
I hope the Repugs give me all the hell you want over this. I've been looking forward to this day to get this idiot out of office. However, Repugs, he proved me wrong, he did not try to pull the martial law crap, so he could stay in, like a dictator.

In closing Republicans, (or Bush defenders), if I'm wrong, well, during the elections....why did you spend most of your time, putting down Obama and the Dems, as opposed to stating your case about how Bush was good and Palin and McCain would be even better?

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 01-20-2009 at 12:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,998 times
What are you people going to do with your time after tomorrow?

See, those of us with Obama Derangement Syndrome have the next four years to look forward to...makes me kinda feel bad for those of you with Bush Derangement Syndrome

Old 01-20-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
What are you people going to do with your time after tomorrow?

See, those of us with Obama Derangement Syndrome have the next four years to look forward to...makes me kinda feel bad for those of you with Bush Derangement Syndrome

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Whatever, I didn't have Reagan Derangement Syndrome or even H.W. derangement syndrome, ok.
Repugs will hate anyone, just because they have a D next to their party name.
I'm not like that.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:31 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Whatever, I didn't have Reagan Derangement Syndrome or even H.W. derangement syndrome, ok.
I'm not like that.
Man, this is really hilarious, seriously. Thanks.

You accuse them of doing the same thing your side doing and the other side accuses you and so on.

BTW, sorry if I'm boring you already...it's going to be a long, long 4 years for you if you're already zzzzzzz'ing, lol.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:43 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
Just a tip. No one will read ANYTHING from you if you don't use paragraphs. Not that I expect Bush or anyone important to read your rant but I know I certainly wasn't going to strain my eyesight over that big blob of black type.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:37 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,759 times
[quote=beenhereandthere;7079718]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I'm not like that.[/quote]

Me either. Reps to you. The Bush presidency was a failed presidency and will go down in history as one. The Nixon presidency was a failed presidency. I did not like many of Reagan's policies, but I have to admit that he was a good president. The elder George Bush was a good president. Each had a few problems. I do not automatically hate Republicans; although, the 8 years W was in office nearly caused that to happen. I still voted for several Republicans on November 4. The telling thing about the Bush administration is that now that it is over, it is being called a failed presidency by many prominent Republicans, and many prominent Republicans are publicly and politically supporting President-elect Obama. I am so glad to see a new man in the White House. I am so glad the nightmare is over. Time will tell if we have a new nightmare, but I don't believe we will.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:36 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Just a tip. No one will read ANYTHING from you if you don't use paragraphs. Not that I expect Bush or anyone important to read your rant but I know I certainly wasn't going to strain my eyesight over that big blob of black type.
Thank you. You beat me to it.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:12 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
>Good %$#@#$ riddance.<

Amen actually. Starting the quagmire war is enough. Sooooo much lost...

This one act alone gets him an F. No further bumblings necessarily.

>You had 2 terms that you did not win legally<

This one makes me laugh. YOU LIBS DID IT TO YOURSELVES! It was the moonbat wing of YOUR PARTY who just had to vote for an extreme moonbat instead of Gore in Florida. If even half of those morons had not insisted on extreme ideological purity. Gore would have won and not even needed a recount. Oh and you lost 2004 too.

>yet pressure CBS to fire Rather because of documents that could not be authenticated.<

This understates the situation. They were frauds. Once in a while liberal press bias get so extreme the mainstream press gets caught and their hand slapped.

>You don't think that government should help the people, so you played a big role in the gross negligence of Katrina.<

Yes, some goes to bush, but the OP is wrong on 2 fronts here.

a) The cause was lack of competence, not ideology.
b) The gov of Louisiana and Mayor Ray "Chocolate City" Nagin had just as large a role. At least the gov got booted.

>You ordered torture and then spent all but your last few days lying about it.<

GOOD! Honestly we need a policy of treating people as we are treated. Want your guys (POWs) treated well? Treat ours well and yours shall be also. Those Jihadist animals need to FEAR us and they dont. Wanna drag our troops through the streets and hang them from a bridge? No problem cause your guys are gonna get MUCH MUCH worse and it wont be the stupid Fraternity H-ell Week naked pyramid stuff either. Wanna play with the big dog? Prepare for a mauling.

We need our own version of Runnin Man. Make it pay per view. Stick the Jihadist animals in there.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Why do people write these things in a forum when they want the President to see it? Is President Bush on C-D? Grow a pair, buy some stationary and write it yourself! Don't act like a big tough shot publishing it where you KNOW he won't see it.

BTW. I too am thrilled that Bush is gone. I don't hate him like you do, but in my presidential ranking, he's in the bottom quarter. I'm just glad I'm not deranged against either Obama or Bush. It makes my life much, much happier.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Why do people write these things in a forum when they want the President to see it? Is President Bush on C-D? Grow a pair, buy some stationary and write it yourself! Don't act like a big tough shot publishing it where you KNOW he won't see it.

BTW. I too am thrilled that Bush is gone. I don't hate him like you do, but in my presidential ranking, he's in the bottom quarter. I'm just glad I'm not deranged against either Obama or Bush. It makes my life much, much happier.
You have a point, but even if I addressed it to GWB, do you think he (or any presidents) would directly get negative mail from the public to him?
It's all screened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies