Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I don't respect other cultures, if they do things like this. Not all cultures are equal - ours is better.
Then you need to stay home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 09:18 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
Fundamentalism is fundamentally silly.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:25 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
She failed to recognize and yield to another culture and she got her butt kicked. Do I think the Jews were in the right for harming her? No. They should have thrown her ignorant butt off the bus, thats for sure! You dont mess around in a place like Jerusalem.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
For all the support we give Israel I think its wrong for them to mistreat our citizens. We use words like terrorist and terrorism yet we support a "terrorist" country in Israel.
You obviously dont have a clue what youre talking about, so please, stop before you make yourself look even more retarded, if thats at all possible.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Most Israelis are secular, and many are very exasperated with the behavior of the religious puritans in their midst. For one thing, many ultraorthodox residents of Israel don't even serve in the IDF, and soak up extensive government aid to study in yeshivas for years on end, rather than joining the Israeli economy.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:54 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,703,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You obviously dont have a clue what youre talking about, so please, stop before you make yourself look even more retarded, if thats at all possible.
Really? Israel is every bit the " terrorist" that any other country in the middle east. The only reason we are in bed with them is because American Jews (who have lots of power and money) support them. Don't you find it odd that no matter who is our President they automatically support Isreal? I think your the tart dude now go to bed.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:22 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
I think the politically correct answer is 'all ways of doing things are equal,' 'who are we to judge,' 'it's ok for them to get violent over something that seems so dumb,' ... Something like that anyway.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:22 AM

358 posts, read 472,426 times
These black hatted, braided hair, bearded bullies cannot be justified and have not been justified in anything posted here. This is no different than the religious police of the Taliban, and no different than what we would or could have in this country if we allowed the Republican Religious Right their way. I can see James Dodson crusaders beating women with too short skirts right here in the USA. Thing is, the bullies feel justified, with no guilt because they are just doing the "will of God".
In this woman's case she had 3 choices, move, get beat or tell the bullies that she is in her period and therefore unclean so they could not touch her. I think she should have gone with moving after trying the unclean routine.
These guys are lucky, Israel, is an armed society, even more so than Texas. But bullies sense who to victimize. I am kindda a Clint Eastwood type from Grand Torino. As Clint's character I often have a 1911 45 at hand, I am 62 with white hair and I mind my own business. I carried a 45 on and off for 2 years mostly on for the year I was in Nam. I would hesitate to deal with this situtation. Black Suited Jews bleed too. I would not overseas though, here yes.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
These black hatted, braided hair, bearded bullies cannot be justified and have not been justified in anything posted here. This is no different than the religious police of the Taliban, and no different than what we would or could have in this country if we allowed the Republican Religious Right their way. I can see James Dodson crusaders beating women with too short skirts right here in the USA. Thing is, the bullies feel justified, with no guilt because they are just doing the "will of God".
In this woman's case she had 3 choices, move, get beat or tell the bullies that she is in her period and therefore unclean so they could not touch her. I think she should have gone with moving after trying the unclean routine.
These guys are lucky, Israel, is an armed society, even more so than Texas. But bullies sense who to victimize. I am kindda a Clint Eastwood type from Grand Torino. As Clint's character I often have a 1911 45 at hand, I am 62 with white hair and I mind my own business. I carried a 45 on and off for 2 years mostly on for the year I was in Nam. I would hesitate to deal with this situtation. Black Suited Jews bleed too. I would not overseas though, here yes.
If I were you, I'd jump on a airplane and go teach those "These black hatted, braided hair, bearded bullies" a lesson. Go ahead and make those "Black Suited Jews bleed". Big tough internet hero like yourself should have no problem showing them who's boss.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:50 AM

358 posts, read 472,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
If I were you, I'd jump on a airplane and go teach those "These black hatted, braided hair, bearded bullies" a lesson. Go ahead and make those "Black Suited Jews bleed". Big tough internet hero like yourself should have no problem showing them who's boss.

POP...Was that you Kdog pulling your head out, or is it still in there. I mind my own business, and I stated clearly I would run if overseas. Do you have reading issues? There are programs, government paid to help. If your mouth is as brave in the real world as it is here on this forem I suspect life is a real pain for you.

Maybe I should change my handle to Armed Liberal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies