Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times

Advertisements

Thank you, Mr. President Bush, for entering the side hatch of Marine One and leaving Washington, D.C., for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 04:16 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Ok, I actually just ran into this thank you letter, that is to Mr. Bush.
Here's a summary of it:
Dear President Bush:
We just thank you for all that you gave us. You gave us work and plenty of material to help our audience and increase our ratings. You words were memorable and we will miss the material that you gave us.
Signed.
The writers from the Tonight Show.
The writers from the David Letterman Show.
The writers from Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:17 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Ok, I actually just ran into this thank you letter, that is to Mr. Bush.
Here's a summary of it:
Dear President Bush:
We just thank you for all that you gave us. You gave us work and plenty of material to help our audience and increase our ratings. You words were memorable and we will miss the material that you gave us.
Signed.
The writers from the Tonight Show.
The writers from the David Letterman Show.
The writers from Jimmy Kimmel Live.
They're in for lean times with St. Obama...

Old 01-20-2009, 05:42 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
You're kidding, I hope.
Maybe the last paragraph is true, but why did he not act that way for even most of his presidency? He did not.
Case in point: He "beat" Kerry by less than 2.5 or 2% points and Kerry got the 2nd most votes of any candidate in history at that time, yet he said that he got political capital and he wants to spend it? WTF!
That's like winning a hockey game by 1 goal in a shootout and saying "We whupped the other teams ass!"
No, of course I'm not kidding.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you're either pregnant or you're not and you either win or you lose. It doesn't matter by how many percentage points.

The far right is still reveling in what they call their 52% 'landslide' victory. The way I see that is 48% of the voting public did not vote for him. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't call that a mandate either, but it's being called one.

But understand I'm not complaining about that. Obama won, no question. He is now my President as much as he is yours and I'm behind him 100%. It's even possible that I'll end up liking him a lot more than some from the far left. In fact, I can almost bet that I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
They're in for lean times with St. Obama...
Oh you got that right!!! Nothing funny about Mr. Obama.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:49 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
[quote=McMolly;7090602]No, of course I'm not kidding.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you're either pregnant or you're not and you either win or you lose. It doesn't matter by how many percentage points.

The far right is still reveling in what they call their 52% 'landslide' victory. The way I see that is 48% of the voting public did not vote for him. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't call that a mandate either, but it's being called one.

By who?
I have not heard Obama say anything like that......
I can't speak for all of the far left, however, I called his victory decisive....
not a landslide.
Again, that's an issue of class. Don't you think the Giants would have looked like fools last year if they said, "We kicked New England's Ass!"?
Bush did something like that after Election Day 2004.
Obama, himself, has not said anything like that. He has said new direction, but not "political capital" or "spending clout".
Bush was giving the people that voted against him a big bleep you, when he did that.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 PM

88 posts, read 179,554 times
and the Bush-Bashers just keep on bashing..... you'd think they'd stick to the "I love Obama" & "Obama's my God" threads.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
sentences commuted, not pardoned, big difference. the agents will still have criminal federal records. where can you get a cup of coffee on that resume'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
There are so many Bush-haters on this forum, this will probably be the shortest thread in CD's history.

Either that or the Bush-haters will hijack it and turn it into another Bush hate fest.

For the record, I have two things to thank Bush for: 1) No further terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11 and 2) doing the right thing by commuting the sentences of Border Patrol agents, Ramos and Campeon (even if he did wait to the last minute).

Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
Default Bush Arrested Last Night For War Crimes Against Humanity

Yeah, I heard the a**hole was arrested last night after his speech in midland.
Quote:
There are so many Bush-haters on this forum, this will probably be the shortest thread in CD's history.

Either that or the Bush-haters will hijack it and turn it into another Bush hate fest.

For the record, I have two things to thank Bush for: 1) No further terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11 and 2) doing the right thing by commuting the sentences of Border Patrol agents, Ramos and Campeon (even if he did wait to the last minute).

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 03-02-2009 at 04:33 PM..

Old 01-21-2009, 03:46 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
By who?
I have not heard Obama say anything like that......
I can't speak for all of the far left, however, I called his victory decisive....
not a landslide.
By the liberal media (which translates to MOST of the media) right after the election and for several days following. I'm surprised you missed that.

I would agree ... clearly decisive. But then winning anything is always decisive. Once you've won, the decision is made.

On another note, I was just quickly scanning the majority of these posts and it's too bad you all didn't listen to President Obama's speech yesterday and not realize he was addressing you when he said ....

"It's time to put aside childish things".

You didn't quite get what he meant, did you? He's asking you to all move on and look forward so we can all get to the business of getting this country back on track ... a country whose problems, incidently, are only in small measure attributable to the presidency of George Bush.

People ought to be looking in their own homes, in their own neighborhoods, at people they may know whose greed got us where we are today. This economic disaster was caused by many very greedy, very spoiled people.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:

Wellllll...the twin towers fell on his watch,so I guess if you're going to give him credit he has to take the blame too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies