Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 05:01 PM

18 posts, read 34,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What a complete bunch of BS. Do you have references for any of this?? Every single article that's been printed suggests that Jews were bilked proportionally with everyone else.

The only idiots are people who believe baseless anti-semitic rants like this.
Agree kdog, that post is a total crock...

You probably already know this kdog: investors received dividends until there wasn't enough left to pay dividends. So those who were receiving the income of 9-10% per year were paid, those who weren't (banks, hedge funds) were likely "reinvesting it." When it collapsed everybody, Jews and Goyim, lost their principal.

A very reductive example: say a Jewish charity has $10 million invested with Madoff. His "returns" were 9-10% per year. They received ~$1 million in income per year, which they used to operate the charity. When the $10 million is gone, no more income! Operations cease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 05:56 PM

30 posts, read 22,311 times
Default then who were the recipients to be of the checks in the drawer

The Madoff investors, spotlighted by the Media, were all relatively minor players. Tallied up, it is probable that the money they had invested was near or less than the $200 million in signed checks Madoff had in his desk which he intended to send out. These checks were seized by investigators. I doubt, sincerely, these checks were going to go to the banks from which he took BILLIONS.

Rather, I suspect, (even as the news media as often stated) these checks were made out to his Jewish friends, i.e. the people at Palm Beach Countriy club. So, really, these people are probably more pissed off at the authorities seizing these checks than at Bernie Madoff. It wasn't a Ponzi scheme - it was a skimming operaton. I further suspect there was a lot of collusion and 'wink,wink, nudge, nudge' going on between the 'investors' and Madoff. Really, they are only sorry he got caught. Bernie Madoff is really taking the hit for a whole bunch of people. Which is why he isn't in jail, as any other person would be. He is being protected, because he is protecting others.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:27 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaJ View Post
the ad hominem attack is a logical fallacy. If you cannot argue against the facts, then try and discredit the author.

Come on, the sources provided to you are completely credible and backed-up with meticulous footnoting and links.

Me thinks you must own Alcoa stock!!!
Here's what YOU QUOTED:

Quote:
Second, a quick glance at the table in the December 17, 2008 Wall Street Journal (reproduced below) makes clear that of the top 30 investors in the fund, only 2 are Jewish, and relatively small investors at that.
So let's have a look at the names of the PRIVATE INVESTORS in that list.

Carl Shapiro
Richard Spring
Frank Lautenberg
Ira Roth
Leonard Feinstein
Elie Wiesel
Leonard Feinstein
Jeffrey Katzenberg
Gerald Breslauer
Loeb family
Lawrence Velvel
Henry Kaufman
Burt Ross
Phyllis Molchatsky
Martin Rosenman
Marc Rich

I count 16 Jewish names there. Where do you get TWO???

Secondly, of course INSTITUTIONAL investors lost more money than private investors. DUH!!

Thirdly, even if there were only two of them, so what???? They lost money. There's not one iota of PROOF presented that aside from Madoff himself that a distproportionate amount of Jewish investors profited at the expense of anyone else.

So do you have any FACTS to support your racist dribble??? Either put up, or shut up.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:33 PM

Seemed pretty clear to me she was referring to the top of the list, not the bottom.

It never ceases to amaze me when I see the anger and venom with which Jews condemn all around them. I see it in Israeli government condemnations of all their neighbors and their over-the-top retaliations (the required ratio of dead seems to be , for every Jew, 100 Arabs must die - It's just like the Germans, isn't it?). I see it in Israeli demands on American officials 'to follow their orders' - Like Olmert ordering Bush to tell Rice not to sign a document she crafted and sold to the UN. I see it in the commentators here, defending the indefensible. Anger is a sign of hate. I think Jews have to be at the very top of the list of the most racist people in the world. Are you a racist who hates everyone but the Jews?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:41 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW YORK (Reuters) - For American Jews, the Bernard Madoff scandal has not just caused deep financial pain. It also has been deeply personal.

The accused swindler managed money for numerous Jewish charities and wealthy Jews who are reeling from their monetary losses as well as a sense of betrayal that a fellow Jew could have harmed so many people.

Jews struggle to come to grips with Madoff | U.S. | Reuters
Well, let's be honest. Jews are "the chosen people". Jews trust other Jews above all other people. Is it really that shocking that eventually, one of their own would take advantage of such thinking?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM

Unless he wasn't taking advantage of them, but was in collusion with them to rip off the 'unchosen people' and spread the wealth to the 'chosen people' and the 'land of the chosen people'. I think the whole 'poor investors thing' is a media dodge. These people from Senator Lautzenberg and Steven Spielberg on down probably had an idea what they were doing was illegal. Madoff is taking the bullet for the others and is making himself the scapegoat to draw attention away from the others. Eventually, he will be proclaimed a hero in Israel - just like their spy Jonathan Pollard and the gallant Israelis who attacked the USS Liberty.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cythara View Post
Unless he wasn't taking advantage of them, but was in collusion with them to rip off the 'unchosen people' and spread the wealth to the 'chosen people' and the 'land of the chosen people'. I think the whole 'poor investors thing' is a media dodge. These people from Senator Lautzenberg and Steven Spielberg on down probably had an idea what they were doing was illegal. Madoff is taking the bullet for the others and is making himself the scapegoat to draw attention away from the others. Eventually, he will be proclaimed a hero in Israel - just like their spy Jonathan Pollard and the gallant Israelis who attacked the USS Liberty.
Your conspiracy theory is a pretty good one. Because I like well-fitted conspiracy theories Im going to say I hope yours is true. Besides that Times story you quoted about money laundering could you give links - for example, a link to something that says that when Madoff was caught he had those checks on his desk - or to any of the things you claim?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
You will grasp at anything to attempt to denounce Jews, won't you? Here, I've got one for you and your ilk.

Never Forget

Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
If you have enough family/friends etc. that are Jewish and understand the difference between Conservative/Orthodox/Reformed, cythara's theory really isn't as far fetched as it seems. A really good example of a Jewish conspiracy is what happened in Aruba after Natalee Holloway disappeared. Dutch Jews are a close knit bunch. Not that other groups aren't, but there is a high degree of trust amongst Jews that really makes them ripe for a Madoff type situation. Being close-knit causes group think. And group think often times leads to disaster.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM

It is pretty hilarious that those with no brains and jerking knees cite 'conspiracy theory' as a property found only in crack pot minds. It should be incumbent on sleazy apologists like you to PROVE there is no conspiracy. You decry 'lack of documentation', even when examples are cited. Yet, you provide no evidence to support your 'crackpot theory' that 'nothing is happening'.

The truth is, History is replete with conspiracies - real conspiracies. It is a hallmark of conspiracies that THOSE ENGAGED IN A CONSPIRACY ALWAYS DENY IT IS TAKING PLACE.

Here are a few 'real conspiracies' from history.

The assassination of Julius Caesar.
The destruction of Gnostic Christianity by Judeo-Christianity
The elevation of Charlemagne as 'Holy Roman Emperor'.
The Guy Fawkes Conspiracy
The French Revolution
The foundation of the United States of America.
The revolution in Russia
The various Communist conspiracies in Wiemar Germany
The Nazi take over in Germany
The establishment of a homeland in Palestine by European Jews
The revolution in Cuba and the various cabals always simmering in Latin American.

These are just off the top of my head. But, of course, according to you, 'there are no conspiracies'.

To you I say, Nil combustibo pro Fumo. "No smoke without fire".

If there is no conspiracy by these people, then they should stop making it so easy to find it. And if you shoot your mouth off pooh-poohing other's opinions, you should be held to the same standard of PROVIDING THE EVIDENCE OF WHAT YOU SAY! Other than that, you are an intellectual gadfly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies