Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:00 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I stand corrected, What i should have said is Liberals in general hate the military and what it stands for!
Hey it aint easy being cheesy!
I can respect the views of others but when anybody starts trying to represent my feelings with no basis I can feel my blood pressure rising by the second.

And WHY should you have said "Liberals in general hate the military"? What's the basis for that statement? Will we soon hear that old chestnut "America, Love it or leave it" said to anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion?

The military is a tool to be used by the Commander in Chief, why would anyone hate the military? It's the actions of the man wielding the tool that we question.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I can respect the views of others but when anybody starts trying to represent my feelings with no basis I can feel my blood pressure rising by the second.

And WHY should you have said "Liberals in general hate the military"? What's the basis for that statement? Will we soon hear that old chestnut "America, Love it or leave it" said to anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion?

The military is a tool to be used by the Commander in Chief, why would anyone hate the military? It's the actions of the man wielding the tool that we question.
Is this a trick question? cmon, I would suggest you are being disengenious. Maybe we should ask the groups of freakin hippies down in Tacoma everynight of the week protesting and yelling at our soldiers and trying to keep them from doing their jobs, getting ready to ship out! Which party historically has tried to cut military spending every chance they get, which end of the political spectrum is the anti war crowd on ? the left! of all the canidates for potus who are the ones in support of the military. lets be real burdett!

Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Is this a trick question? cmon, I would suggest you are being disengenious. Maybe we should ask the groups of freakin hippies down in Tacoma everynight of the week protesting and yelling at our soldiers and trying to keep them from doing their jobs, getting ready to ship out! Which party historically has tried to cut military spending every chance they get, which end of the political spectrum is the anti war crowd on ? the left! of all the canidates for potus who are the ones in support of the military. lets be real burdett!

Well, I don't know who this 'burdett' character you refer to is but no, it's not meant as a trick question at all. I'm absolutely serious when I say I believe the military is just a tool, it's the man using that tool that is questionable. And I've never been to Tacoma, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have great respect for the military, about 2 years ago I attended the services for a local soldier killed in Iraq, it was absolutely heart wrenching. I just don't believe I dishonor his memory by questioning the man wh sent him to Iraq.

Last edited by burdell; 03-13-2007 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: damn spelling!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:52 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
I'm a liberal, the son, grandson, and nephew of war veterans and career soldiers. I love the military. But our current commander in chief needs to go.

There is a big difference between striving for peace and hating the soldiers. We should always strive for peace, and we should always honor our soldiers.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." -- General Douglas MacArthur

"Love the warrior. Watch the war-makers." -- Jim Northrup, USMC Vietnam Vet

Old 06-20-2007, 05:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
ah but Im not defending Bush,or other so called Republicans or conservatives that say one thing and do another.Im saying that overall conservative or Libertarian ideals come closer to my beliefs that I have said.

What I am also saying is that liberals tend to say that Bush ,big oil,and Republicans get rich off the expense of others while Liberal Democrats bash them but do exactly the same thing....

Years and years of Liberal black leaders saying they are for the poor,years and years latter too many black Americans are still living in ghetto conditions and liberal politicians give them scraps,yet their redistibution of wealth does nothing to enhance their lives...that goes for poor people no matter their ethic background.Why,because liberal leaders are not really for the poor,they are in their own fraternity of political power and thats all they really care about.

Just like a unscrupulous employer can manipulate or exploit its employees or customers,those in government are masters at doing so.and I emphasize the term "masters" because when you are dependent on them they are your masters.

I think the saying "give a man a fish,he'll eat for a day...teach a man to fish he'll eat for a lifetime" applies to my thoughts.

and also the saying "those that never had a chance,never took a chance".
Lion King, while you provide this little quote: "give a man a fish,he'll eat for a day...teach a man to fish he'll eat for a lifetime." My question is: how can you teach a man to fish when he can't afford a teacher? (Or... How can you teach a man to fish when he can't afford a fishing rod?)

Old 06-20-2007, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,443 times
Quote:
Not to take this thread of topic but I wonder if you could name on or two positions of Hannitys that puts him in the extreme column!
He said that George W. Bush had won the 2004 election BEFORE the election even occured. Seems pretty extreme to me. I'll get back to you with a few more in the coming days.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am a liberal and damn proud of being one. I also believe the Constitution of the United States should really be the law of the land and that Congress declares War not the President. Among other things like progressive income tax, environmental oversight, food inspection, elimination of monopolies etc. etc.

As far as the “teach a man to fish” goes; It works until too many men know how to fish and the fish die out. When there are no longer any fish, everybody starves.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:08 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
So to listen to GregW, what's so bad about being liberal? With E. Coli in the news so much, you had best hope that food inspection is NOT becoming more conservative, and if effect more concerned about protecting the profits of food companies, rather than the protecting food consumers from harm.

And after congress foolishly signed off it constitutional responsibility to declare war on Iraq to President Bush, we had best show our nation's forefathers more respect for their wise judgement in writing the constitution.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:26 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Default Why do some people think liberalism is the root of all evil?

Why do some people think fire is hot? Heres just one example...........My Way News - 2 Girls Kicked Off Ore. Bus for Kissing Liberalism says punish the bus driver instead of the mother!

Old 06-21-2007, 09:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Silas777 - you love to talk but you obviously do not know what you are talking about. I'll continue this conversation with people that do have some idea of how the real world works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies