Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:59 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Taliban is not our president. We didn't vote for the Taliban. We expected much more from the one most of you elected. Even your party didn't like Bush.

Guess you don't like our answers cubalibre. Shoot, run, and hide.
Good answer, short and to the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 06:03 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Try reading AND understanding what I wrote!

I NEVER said that was how the process works!

The current situation is your lack of reading comprehension.
Twisted little rants and denials will not make this any easier. Now tell me, if THE PEOPLE were not pulling levers, who was then? Horses? Dogs? Plant life? Aliens? If you were to say that he was not elected by a majority of the people, you might have a case but I think that escaped you.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:01 AM

175 posts, read 741,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Twisted little rants and denials will not make this any easier. Now tell me, if THE PEOPLE were not pulling levers, who was then? Horses? Dogs? Plant life? Aliens? If you were to say that he was not elected by a majority of the people, you might have a case but I think that escaped you.
Bush lost the popular vote back in 2000, so he wasn't elected by the people. It happens that way - rarely, but it happens. That is fact and cannot be refuted.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:00 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
No matter how you want to twist it, Bush was elected by the people via the voting process that the USA has in place. Sour grapes isn't going to change that. That is a fact plain and simple.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
No matter how you want to twist it, Bush was elected by the people via the voting process that the USA has in place. Sour grapes isn't going to change that. That is a fact plain and simple.
Before you pull out the sour grapes argument, you might want to ask which candidate I supported in 2000. I voted for Bush, not Gore. That doesn't change the fact that Gore won the popular vote. It's one of those freak circumstances that happens sometimes. Denial doesn't change that. It's a fact - plain and simple.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Not to mention, as derived from Bush's approval ratings, most people realized they had made a mistake after Bush drove this country into the ground.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Not to mention, as derived from Bush's approval ratings, most people realized they had made a mistake after Bush drove this country into the ground.
I'm very disappointed in Bush, but I am one of those people who watch the actions of those I voted for closely. I don't understand those who think that their guy can do no wrong. These are politicians, and they all do wrong. They also do right as well.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:09 AM

The thing is Cristina, weve all been grouped in as either Democrats or Republicans, left or right, liberal or conservative. Its like a sports team, and lots of people get their feelings hurt when their side isn't looking so hot.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:12 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina1 View Post
Bush lost the popular vote back in 2000, so he wasn't elected by the people. It happens that way - rarely, but it happens. That is fact and cannot be refuted.

So Democrats are so quick to say Constitution Constitution when it comes to Enemy combatants however when the Constitution has it so the electoral college is in place you never mention it. Interesting.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:35 AM

What are you talking about Packers? I could say Republican are quick to say constitution when it makes their president get elected, but throw it out when it comes to torture of enemy combatants and when they passed the patriot act and took away our freedoms? Man you guys really don't have a leg to stand on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies