Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Bingo. He and others go out of their way to be extreme it draws attention to themselves and in the end helps them make more money, get better ratings, or sell more books. It isn't just people on the right that do this either.
Sometimes I wonder when the camaras are off people like O Reilly and Oberman go have a drink and laugh about what they talked about on tv..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 10:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Oh, don't be blaming this whole thing on Bush...the Democrats had a hand in it also...they are not innocent by a long shot. I blame Barney Frank and gang for not listening to the warnings before all this took place...so don't just go blaming Bush for everything. And lay off Iraq...he kept you safe since 9/11. He did what he thought was right to protect America, so give credit where credit due! Let's just hope Obama has the courage to do the same should, God forbid, something else happen here on American soil. You know, it's not always popular to do the right thing!
My point is that no one wanted Bush to fail. If Bush failed (which he did) , he fails us.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Bingo. He and others go out of their way to be extreme it draws attention to themselves and in the end helps them make more money, get better ratings, or sell more books. It isn't just people on the right that do this either.
Yes, and if these so called talk show commentators ratings follow the same ratings as GWB's, they will soon be out of a job. They may be singing a new tune soon.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My point is that no one wanted Bush to fail. If Bush failed (which he did) , he fails us.
I think President Bush had a mixed bag with his Presidency, some things he did right and should get credit for them but somethings he did wrong and we should be honost about that as well......

Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Sometimes I wonder when the camaras are off people like O Reilly and Oberman go have a drink and laugh about what they talked about on tv..

Wouldn't that be something. These two guys get people on both sides fired up about issues. Who stands to benefit from that? They do, if it means more ratings then it means more money. Same things shock jocks do essentially.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't that be something. These two guys get people on both sides fired up about issues. Who stands to benefit from that? They do, if it means more ratings then it means more money. Same things shock jocks do essentially.
Exactly I mean I started watching Oberman because of what was going on when I would watch O Reilly so it made it more fun to see them go back and forth and I kep watching both. I imagine people did the same with O Reilly too.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Well, I see what you're saying, but I don't agree, because I think a lot of people wanted to see Bush and his policies fail...but that's a whole different story. And I don't think he failed...how can you say he failed when he took on terrorist and kept America safe for the past 7 years. And like I said...this whole mess we are in now is not all his fault...everyone had a hand in it, including Democrats.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Well, I see what you're saying, but I don't agree, because I think a lot of people wanted to see Bush and his policies fail...but that's a whole different story. And I don't think he failed...how can you say he failed when he took on terrorist and kept America safe for the past 7 years. And like I said...this whole mess we are in now is not all his fault...everyone had a hand in it, including Democrats.
So you dont think he made any mistakes?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:29 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
So you dont think he made any mistakes?
Not at all...but, he is not the bumbling idiot the folks on the left make him out to be. I didn't agree with him on a few of his policies, but that didn't make him a failure to me. On the contrary, I think he had to deal with much more than most Presidents had to deal with during their terms in office. I think he did a darn good job dealing with what was dealt him during his watch.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Not at all...but, he is not the bumbling idiot the folks on the left make him out to be. I didn't agree with him on a few of his policies, but that didn't make him a failure to me. On the contrary, I think he had to deal with much more than most Presidents had to deal with during their terms in office. I think he did a darn good job dealing with what was dealt him during his watch.
I agree with most of what you said, for anyone to be President they have to be somewhat smart. But I do think he made some key mistakes that if he had not made would of had the best Presidency in our lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies