Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 01:21 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times

Advertisements

TheHill.com - Pa. defense firm raided by FBIFederal agents raided the offices of a Western Pennsylvania defense contractor that has received millions in federal earmarks at the request of Rep. John Murtha, according to local media reports.
Though no wrongdoing has ever been alleged, links between Murtha and top executives at Kuchera run deep. Chief Executive Officer Bill Kuchera served on the board of a nonprofit group that a Murtha aide founded, according to a 2006 article in The Washington Post. The group is dedicated to helping the disabled find jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 05:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
The man is retired, Dave. He spent his distinguished career in the Marines.
Unlike you.

Jealous?

Old 01-23-2009, 05:36 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The man is retired, Dave. He spent his distinguished career in the Marines.
Unlike you.

Jealous?
As a former Marine myself I can self Murtha is a embarrassment to the Corps and many of my fellow Marines feel he should be striped of his Honorable discharge ... he man clearly has NO HONOR.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:38 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
He's a "former" Marine which is a term of insult to a Marine. Most of the Marines I know consider him a traitor to the corps because of his calling the Marines cold blooded killers. Even though the Haditha Marines were cleared of charges he's still as yet not apologized for his comments towards them. I served 8 years in the US Navy during Desert Storm and Bosnia.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
I wonder why a highly trained soldier would be insulted by being called a cold blooded killer. That is in the job description.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:20 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
TheHill.com - Pa. defense firm raided by FBIFederal agents raided the offices of a Western Pennsylvania defense contractor that has received millions in federal earmarks at the request of Rep. John Murtha, according to local media reports.
Though no wrongdoing has ever been alleged, links between Murtha and top executives at Kuchera run deep. Chief Executive Officer Bill Kuchera served on the board of a nonprofit group that a Murtha aide founded, according to a 2006 article in The Washington Post. The group is dedicated to helping the disabled find jobs.
I dont see the Marine connection, "former" or not, or for that matter even a Murtha connection. Murtha brings in money for businesses in western PA. That's his job.

So

Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
As a former Marine myself I can self Murtha is a embarrassment to the Corps and many of my fellow Marines feel he should be striped of his Honorable discharge ... he man clearly has NO HONOR.
Yeah buddy,you've gave to the Corps and your country what Murtha has.You are Clueless about honor and quite arrogant to make such a statement.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yeah buddy,you've gave to the Corps and your country what Murtha has.You are Clueless about honor and quite arrogant to make such a statement.

Unless you know him how do you know what sacrifice he made? It's honorable enough to sign up and defend your country so please don't say Davart service to his country is any less noble than another persons.

Murtha threw those Marines under the bus, and even though they were found not guilty I do not think he has ever apologized for his comments.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:32 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,999 times
A Marine is NEVER a "former" Marine.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:53 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
A Marine is NEVER a "former" Marine.

I was an Army guy but I don believe you are never an Ex Marine. You can be a former Marine, my Marine Corps counter parts correct me if I'm wrong please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies