Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 07:03 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times

Advertisements

First of all, I want to say I like Obama. I did not vote for him (I have voted third party every election I could vote so far). I also want to say I do not like Bush (I am very glad to see him go). That being said, Obama's Inauguration cost about $160 million (inauguration + security) while Bush's cost only $115 million for the same services. Does it worry anyone else that Obama would sign off on such a hike in the price tag, especially given the state of the economy. Maybe I am overthinking this, but I worry that this could be an indicator of his spending habits in the years to come.

I am curious what everyone else thinks. Please keep this as a rational discussion (no bashing of political parties, political figures, please keep it civil)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 07:07 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
I think its simply a confirmation of my belief that he's just another politician full of himself.

We need to cut back & do without, but he's not going to. I guess its been a long time since we had a leader who could lead by example tho.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:12 AM

513 posts, read 647,119 times
For Pete's sake homes are going into pre-foreclosure, over a million foreclosures already ... families across America are becoming homeless then there's hundreds of thousands of people are losing jobs ... why didn't he use some of that money to help?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:15 AM

473 posts, read 714,968 times
i dont care who the president is, what party he is affiliated with- i dont like seeing that kind of money spent on a party for anything. sorry, just the way i am. cant justify it.

all those 'official' parties that he spent all of 5 minutes at (not a bash on him- he has to be at all of them and that doesnt leave a lot of time). why not 1 party- people will have to get over thinking its everyones right to be at the inaugural ball and give the president a chance to enjoy and celebrate HIS night rather than spending it trying to get from one place to another. it should be the one night that gets to be about him and not just another official function with required attendance. if anyone else wants to celebrate, do it at their own expense.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:38 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Theres no need for a ball at our expense.
He should just be sworn in & start his job. Or if he wants a party pay for it himself.
Its not like he's poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies