Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

"Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe that companies should not get billions of dollars in tax deductions for moving their operations overseas. They will fight to ensure that public contracts are awarded to companies that are committed to American workers.

Barack Obama introduced the Patriot Employer Act of 2007 with Senators Richard Durbin (D-Ill) and Sherrod Brown (D-Oh) to reward companies that create good jobs with good benefits for American workers. The legislation would provide a tax credit to companies that maintain or increase the number of full-time workers in America relative to those outside the U.S.; maintain their corporate headquarters in America if it has ever been in America; pay decent wages; prepare workers for retirement; provide health insurance; and support employees who serve in the military."

Economy | Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 03:57 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Define: "pay decent wages; prepare workers for retirement".

Old 02-02-2009, 04:09 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe that companies should not get billions of dollars in tax deductions for moving their operations overseas. They will fight to ensure that public contracts are awarded to companies that are committed to American workers.

Barack Obama introduced the Patriot Employer Act of 2007 with Senators Richard Durbin (D-Ill) and Sherrod Brown (D-Oh) to reward companies that create good jobs with good benefits for American workers. The legislation would provide a tax credit to companies that maintain or increase the number of full-time workers in America relative to those outside the U.S.; maintain their corporate headquarters in America if it has ever been in America; pay decent wages; prepare workers for retirement; provide health insurance; and support employees who serve in the military."

Economy | Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team

The GOP already said that its pork and wellfare.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Define: "pay decent wages; prepare workers for retirement".
You really don't read any of them do you! Reading must not be your strong point!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,453 times
Well I'm intrigued (and I voted against Obama!). But looking at the Obama-Biden Plan list... it sounds like they are headed towards the right direction (I can't believe I'm writing this). Do the liberals know about this???

Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Well I'm intrigued (and I voted against Obama!). But looking at the Obama-Biden Plan list... it sounds like they are headed towards the right direction (I can't believe I'm writing this). Do the liberals know about this???
Yes thats what he has been saying all along. They wrote it nearly two years ago.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
It's only been in the platform since about 2007. You can see in the OP, he introduced the Patriot Employer Act of 2007.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
The GOP already said that its pork and wellfare.
They wont suffer.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Run massive debts sucking up all the liquidity around the world then be stingy with what we do spend. Screw the rest of the world you say? Remembering of course much of the world is now leveraged to us through investments and their built up infrastructure to support us.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Run massive debts sucking up all the liquidity around the world then be stingy with what we do spend. Screw the rest of the world you say? Remembering of course much of the world is now leveraged to us through investments and their built up infrastructure to support us.
Perhaps but we are reaponsible for our infrastructure first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies