Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 PM

167 posts, read 396,488 times

Advertisements

I am really infuriated with the number of people that think this. Haven't we heard of a balanced ticket? A lot of people I know (usually enemies) pick on, tease, and scold me if I say anything about democrats. I don't let that get to me. Those liberal weaklings cannot, will not, and do not control me. If you think about it further, this nation should be more conservative when it comes to decorum in public places and in the education circuit. I cannot describe my anger that is worsened throughout the last four years. All because of a democratic majority in Washington that must whine, cry, and complain at every little thing.
Guess what, both parties have their share of good and bad. My point is just that. Balance your ticket. Evaluate the candidates first, then vote for them. It's that simple. From the last election I voted in, the democrats ruled. I had a feeling this would happen after eight years of Bush. I don't like Bush either but all this bashing and name calling is going to stop. Another point I would like to make, when evaluating candidates for voting, you should notice that straight democrat is not correct. Neither is straight republican. Give it up you evil, wicked democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
What on earth does public decorum have to do with politics? And, why is it that Republicans seem to assume that the only way Democratic candidates get elected is because Democratic voters don't evaluate our candidates?

What you need to come to grips with is that we don't like Republican politicians, their policies or their ideas. PERIOD. That is why we vote for Democrats.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 PM

114 posts, read 180,476 times
I don't see the difference between either party nowadays; none do what's best for the american people, but what's best for their cronies and bankers. That's why I subscribe to the quote from the movie the shooter: "There are no republicans or democrats. There is only the have and the have nots."

Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 PM

167 posts, read 396,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What on earth does public decorum have to do with politics? And, why is it that Republicans seem to assume that the only way Democratic candidates get elected is because Democratic voters don't evaluate our candidates?

What you need to come to grips with is that we don't like Republican politicians, their policies or their ideas. PERIOD. That is why we vote for Democrats.
Public decorum (codes of decency, conduct, dress, etc.) are influenced by the laws passed and standards set. For whatever reason, places that have traditionally republican (except the good old south) are becoming more democrat. I do not like it. And I do not like how the democrats must believe in rights and freedoms for everyone.

Okay, I get your point though about why you don't like Republicans. But we have to be more balanced in our voting habits. We should be getting along like civilized people, NOT like bullies and victims. It's that simple. It's always the simple things that people blow. I'm sick and tired of it.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,916 times
No self-control. The GOP shot themselves in the head.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM

345 posts, read 643,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedEvergreen View Post
A lot of people I know (usually enemies) pick on, tease, and scold me if I say anything about democrats. Those liberal weaklings cannot, will not, and do not control me.
Given that you apparently feel that you are better than Democrats...I can't say I blame them for treating you as such.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
no more than my left foot is better than my right foot.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:54 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,469,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedEvergreen View Post
I am really infuriated with the number of people that think this. Haven't we heard of a balanced ticket? A lot of people I know (usually enemies) pick on, tease, and scold me if I say anything about democrats. I don't let that get to me. Those liberal weaklings cannot, will not, and do not control me. If you think about it further, this nation should be more conservative when it comes to decorum in public places and in the education circuit. I cannot describe my anger that is worsened throughout the last four years. All because of a democratic majority in Washington that must whine, cry, and complain at every little thing.
Guess what, both parties have their share of good and bad. My point is just that. Balance your ticket. Evaluate the candidates first, then vote for them. It's that simple. From the last election I voted in, the democrats ruled. I had a feeling this would happen after eight years of Bush. I don't like Bush either but all this bashing and name calling is going to stop. Another point I would like to make, when evaluating candidates for voting, you should notice that straight democrat is not correct. Neither is straight republican. Give it up you evil, wicked democrats.
Ooooo... deem fightin' words...

Old 02-02-2009, 10:59 PM

563 posts, read 1,449,772 times
I have a friend that thinks exactly opposite of me in regards to politics. I love bantering ideas about with her, listening to her views and she mine. It's all very civilized and educational.
When it comes to voting, we simply cancel each other out.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:59 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,518,523 times
Because Democrats are delusional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies