Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:43 AM

27,221 posts, read 46,857,427 times

Advertisements

I applaud Kelloggs for their move....after a DUI and being forgiven....how many chances does Phelps need to have...this was enough and we don't have to feel sorry for Phelps he won't feel it in his wallet too much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,301,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
i will never buy another kelloggs product again!

Tell ya what I will buy an extra box or two to make up for your lost profit.

Good job Kelloggs

Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,622,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I take it you are not actually addicted to speed.

Speed as in fast cars....yes

Speed as in drugs....not NO, but HELL NO

Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,864,370 times
I think I'll buy more Kellogg's products. There are millions of children and young adults that look up to Phelps. He should have thought of that before grabbing that bong.... I hope my teenagers aren't influenced by his activities...

Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,817,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Speed as in fast cars....yes

Speed as in drugs....not NO, but HELL NO
Then I'm sure you never go over the speed limit, right? To do so would call for some sort of rationalization.

SPEED DEMON, you drive fast? Have a small penis? (might account for need to speed).

Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 AM

Actually I track my car several times per month on race tracks, where driving like I drive belongs. I usually have my kids in the car on public roads and obey the posted limits. Never had a traffic citation in over 16 years of driving? Next A$$umption?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,817,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Actually I track my car several times per month on race tracks, where driving like I drive belongs. I usually have my kids in the car on public roads and obey the posted limits. Never had a traffic citation in over 16 years of driving? Next A$$umption?
Right.

I've never had a speeding ticket, but I speed every day - just like everybody else does. If you strictly obey the speed limits, you are a nuisance on the roads, and are more likely to get pulled over - as cops are suspicious of such unusual behavior.

BTW, I was making A$$umptions to mirror your own.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,381,858 times
Good old Phelps knew what was expected of him, he has to be a total idiot for letting someone take a picture of him smokin weed, he gets what he deserves. Theres no one to blame except Phelps himself.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Right.

I've never had a speeding ticket, but I speed every day - just like everybody else does. If you strictly obey the speed limits, you are a nuisance on the roads, and are more likely to get pulled over - as cops are suspicious of such unusual behavior.

BTW, I was making A$$umptions to mirror your own.

Your so profound with yours though.

Funny that I've only been pulled over twice since I started driving and that was for a lisc plate light out and for having a blinker out. I'm such a menace to society! Lock me up and make me smoke weed!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,758,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
Kelloggs instead of ending their agreement with Phelps because of cash issues (ie credit crunch), took the opportunity to jump on the Phelps bashing bandwagon for cheap publicity. i think it is extreme hypocrisy as kelloggs has been pushing copious amounts of sugar on to unsuspecting children for decades. sugar, if you don't know, is addictive and an exponentially bigger problem than marijuana, just look at obesity, diabetes etc!

everyone is screaming about his duties as a role model. i look at phelps as a good swimmer, not for his moral fabric. i encourage my kids to see him in the same light. if you as a parent have blown him up to saint-like status that's your problem. he is just a swimmer!

this whole affair is a crushing indictment on our waning democracy. the idea that we should legislate and ban everything that we don't agree with is a blatant infringement on our civil liberties. we better wake up because a ban on something you don't like is only a step away from a ban on something you do!

i will never buy another kelloggs product again!
good point! the way i see it all those sport stars are a joke phelps is a great swimmer and nothing more he shurley lacks common sence he lost 100 million in endorsements for one bong hit! but maybe he do's not care being that he is a millionaire 10 times over already.. sport players are so over paided for what they do. when was the last time you heard of a brain surgeon making 20 million a year to many pawns not enough leaders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies