Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,525,636 times

Advertisements

For the most part, they have.
This Craigslist rant made me stop in my tracks since it's so right on.....

So, the unemployment rate in the U.S. hit 7.6% today, the highest it's been in seventeen years, or since the FIRST Bush was in office. The Republicans are doing everything in their power to play their obstructionist games and keep the stimulus package from going through quickly while the economy gets worse and worse and jobs get scarcer and scarcer, even though EVERY economist with a brain is saying that swift action is needed if we don't want things to get a hell of a lot worse. We're looking at the worst economic crisis this nation has faced since the first Republican Great Depression, brought on by the policies of Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover and finally cleaned up by FDR. Nine years ago we had peace, prosperity, and a balanced budget; today we have war, mounting poverty, massive national debt and insane trade deficit. In only eight years' time, George W. Bush has accomplished what had previously taken THREE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS IN A ROW to get done. Thanks a whole ******' lot, Dubya. And while I can forgive those of us who voted for him in 2000, an especially big **** YOU to every single person who voted to give the Moron-In-Chief a second term. If you voted for him because of his stance on abortion, **** YOU. If you voted for him because "he's a Christian," **** YOU. If you voted for him because you could see drinkin' a beer with him, DOUBLE **** YOU. I hope all you fundamentalists and Fox-viewers are happy.

I didn't write it, but, I'd love to hear rebuttals to his arguments, just for kicks and giggles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 02:59 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,691 times
Sorry I had to stop and laugh at we had peace. Really? Clinton also had the chance to hit Bin Laden in a camp and didn't do it because there might have been people their from countries that are supposed to be our "allies" in the region.

We need to rush the stimulus bill through so the Democrats can pass laws that aren't going to create jobs. Funny in that there are some democrats that think the bill has a ton of pork in it but you don't hear that from the talking heads, it's only Republicans.

I voted for him because I would have a beer with him, because I am Anti-Abortion and because I like his Christan values. I also like not having a single terrorist attack on our country since 9/11. I liked he gave myself and the military some nice pay raises in his term. So this twit can save his dumb post because I will NEVER apologize for sticking with my values because he doesn't like it.

Now he can go back to cashing in his welfare check that I worked to pay for.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:00 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,341 times
Wow, that guy needs to switch to decaf.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Sorry I had to stop and laugh at we had peace. Really? Clinton also had the chance to hit Bin Laden in a camp and didn't do it because there might have been people their from countries that are supposed to be our "allies" in the region.

We need to rush the stimulus bill through so the Democrats can pass laws that aren't going to create jobs. Funny in that there are some democrats that think the bill has a ton of pork in it but you don't hear that from the talking heads, it's only Republicans.

I voted for him because I would have a beer with him, because I am Anti-Abortion and because I like his Christan values. I also like not having a single terrorist attack on our country since 9/11. I liked he gave myself and the military some nice pay raises in his term. So this twit can save his dumb post because I will NEVER apologize for sticking with my values because he doesn't like it.

Now he can go back to cashing in his welfare check that I worked to pay for.
Bush had 8 years to get Bin Laden and didn't; and he has killed thousands of civilians in Iraq. Good thing he's "pro-life"!
Bush is pro-life, but didn't outlaw abortion.
I like Christian values, and I live by them no matter who is president.
9/11 happened on Bush's watch.
Not all dems are on welfare, a$$ hole!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:12 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
I love those craigslist rants
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Bush had 8 years to get Bin Laden and didn't; and he has killed thousands of civilians in Iraq. Good thing he's "pro-life"!
Bush is pro-life, but didn't outlaw abortion.
I like Christian values, and I live by them no matter who is president.
9/11 happened on Bush's watch.
Not all dems are on welfare, a$$ hole!

not only did 9/11 happen on Bush's watch, he used it as a laugh generator in speeches - war, national emergency, recession - "Ah hit the trifecta."

Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,024 times
How dare Craigslist keep this person's intellect confined to their pages and shielded from the rest of the world. Hey Craigslist, **** YOU!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Wow, that guy needs to switch to decaf.
No! That guy is right on the money. Any patriotic American should be feeling the same way.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:27 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,388,345 times
It really is a catch 22 for libs,they like to say FDR is responsible for ending the depression which he is in a way,by being the president in office as WW2 started.

So the catch is,libs say they are against war,but most lib Dem presidents got America into wars,be it WW1,WW2,Korea and Vietnam.So war was the lib Dems way of ending economic downturn in a sense at least WW2.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
For the most part, they have.
This Craigslist rant made me stop in my tracks since it's so right on.....

So, the unemployment rate in the U.S. hit 7.6% today, the highest it's been in seventeen years, or since the FIRST Bush was in office. The Republicans are doing everything in their power to play their obstructionist games and keep the stimulus package from going through quickly while the economy gets worse and worse and jobs get scarcer and scarcer, even though EVERY economist with a brain is saying that swift action is needed if we don't want things to get a hell of a lot worse. We're looking at the worst economic crisis this nation has faced since the first Republican Great Depression, brought on by the policies of Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover and finally cleaned up by FDR. Nine years ago we had peace, prosperity, and a balanced budget; today we have war, mounting poverty, massive national debt and insane trade deficit. In only eight years' time, George W. Bush has accomplished what had previously taken THREE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS IN A ROW to get done. Thanks a whole ******' lot, Dubya. And while I can forgive those of us who voted for him in 2000, an especially big **** YOU to every single person who voted to give the Moron-In-Chief a second term. If you voted for him because of his stance on abortion, **** YOU. If you voted for him because "he's a Christian," **** YOU. If you voted for him because you could see drinkin' a beer with him, DOUBLE **** YOU. I hope all you fundamentalists and Fox-viewers are happy.

I didn't write it, but, I'd love to hear rebuttals to his arguments, just for kicks and giggles.
Not all spending is stimulus.

Every economist with a brain? You mean those that agree with Obama.

"Swift action" does not mean that any action will work as long as it's swift.

Complaining about debt yet complaining that this enormous package is not passed soon enough...

The rest of the rant about Republican fault this and Republican that exposes very elementary thinking - but that's okay, he yelled at Republicans.

The last part is simply childish, emotional drivel, but again, he yelled at Republicans.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No! That guy is right on the money. Any patriotic American should be feeling the same way.
I didn't say he wrong, or right, but he needs to lay off the drugs for a while. Unless he doesn't do any, in which case he needs to start doing some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies