Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
They ripped my Golden to shreds.

I didn't vote in favor of the ariel program. But a lot of people who did were really voting on whether Alaskans are going to allow Outside interests to dictate game policy to us.

And we aren't.

I can tell you that the people who came up to protest the ariel hunts and the antics of the likes of Friends of Animals did nothing but alienate the very people whose support they actually needed for their cause; that would be the Alaskan voters.

Some of us wonder what would happen if the ariel wolf cash cow were to stop along with the program...what next? PETA's already going after the wild salmon industry and I can personally guarantee those freaks that it's a fight they won't win.

How many of you even know that the Natives have practised predator control for centuries? If they stop the ariel hunts, the Natives can and will petition for the right to revive the practise of denning. Guess what. That's another fight that PETA won't win, should it come to pass.

These "animal rights" organizations just prey on the ignorant and feeble minded, and the only real "cause" they have is their own cash flow.
1) Dogs should not be left unattended outside.

2) There is no need for aerial hunting of wolves in Alaska. It's also inhumane.

Sarah Palin, predator control, shooting wolves | Salon

3) Alaska is not an island. All Americans pay taxes that go to support Alaska. It is part of the United States.

3) Stop generalizing about "animal rights organizations." Your comments are offensive and insulting. I support animal rights, I don't belong to PETA (mainstream media strikes again), I have no financial investment in fighting for animal rights, and don't have a "cash flow" as a result of my support of it. I'll never understand why human beings are so THREATENED by even the IDEA of animals being treated well and humanely. You remind me of the slave-holders in the 19th century who were just CERTAIN that freedom for slaves would result in destruction of the nation. Or the white men in the early 20th century who were just CERTAIN that votes for women would result in destruction of the nation. And now the anti-animal rights neanderthals: OMG: Take the health and wellbeing of animals seriously and the sky will fall!!! Animals are sentient beings. They have emotions, they feel pain, they deserve respect. Get over it.

4) The problem of the wolves and the salmon is a sustainability problem. If you understood how ecosystems work, you would know that. And unhealthy ecosystems impact adjacent ecosystems. This means, for example, that acreage lost in the Amazon Rainforest affects people in Alaska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
First of all just klick your heels 3 times and say I want to go home.

Polar Bears have been protected for quite some time in Alaska. Secondly they don't hunt wolves from helicopters. Man has not depleted the wolves food sources, the wolves have because the packs get to large to sustain the pack and the available food supply.

And your fake love for animals makes me laugh. You wouldn't hurt them unless they gave you no other option. Remember what you have said your in their backyard.

And as for living in Alaska there is no other place like it. I would never live in Florida. Not even for all the money in the world.
And as for Gov Palin I support her 100% in what she is doing.
Cheri Shankar: Palin Shows No Love for Baby Wolves
Sarah Palin and her support of hunting wolves from helicopters if ALL OVER THE INTERNET.

State will sue over polar bear listing, Palin says: Polar Bear News | adn.com
Check this link out directly to an Alaskan newspaper. Palin was so against the polar bear being added to the endangered list, Alaska sued over it.

You can find a HUGE number of listings on both by putting the main words into google. If you SAY you support someone, at least know what they stand for.

As for me, I do indeed love animals. I would only harm a wild animal if the animal was going to cause harm to myself or another human being. I have yet to meet someone who loves wild animals so much they are willing to allow themselves to be killed or maimed for them.

Palin is a dangerous crackpot. At least Cheney only shot at his lawyer, we could do with a few less of them in the states.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:21 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
Open yours.
And I know she is the Gov of Alaska. I have never said she is God.
And wolf pelts make great coats and ruff for hoods
You would wear a fur coat made from a wild animal??
WOW, really??

Old 02-08-2009, 12:27 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,704,393 times
No she isn't the crackpot. That would be you.
I have read all there is about said subjects. And I do know what she stands for thats why I support her.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:27 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,576,162 times
I must say I really enjoy all the rants against Paliin and the stupid statements about hunting.

It is clear that most posters don't have a clue of what either she or Alaska is about. Guess it is better that way, then we won't have more people moving here.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,704,393 times
Yes the ruff around my parka hood is made of wolf pelt.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:30 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I can't say I'm surprised. I wonder if she wants him to help her load her shotgun so she can kill a few more wolves and polar bears. Maybe she wants him to help her cut the foreleg of the wolf off so she can prove her prowess with shooting wild animals from helicopters.

Or maybe she would like him to stop murdering human babies.

"Obama strongly criticized the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban. In the Illinois state Senate, he opposed a bill similar to the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, which prevents the killing of infants mistakenly left alive by abortion."

Michael Gerson - Obama's Abortion Extremism - washingtonpost.com

Old 02-08-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You would wear a fur coat made from a wild animal??
WOW, really??
There's no need to wear fur in Alaska. Not in the 21st century. At the same time, Native peoples--such as the Gwich'in in Arctic Village--depend on the Caribou for their livelihood. Caribou are at the center of their culture. They hunt them, but have a deep respect for them. They use every part of the animal: the pelts are used for clothing and boots. I have no problem with such people, who live off nature, but would never THINK of needlessly harming an innocent creature.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I must say I really enjoy all the rants against Paliin and the stupid statements about hunting.

It is clear that most posters don't have a clue of what either she or Alaska is about. Guess it is better that way, then we won't have more people moving here.
The only clueless person here are those, like you, who seem to think that only Alaska has hunting or wolves or natural landscapes. As for Palin: You can keep her. Thank god.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Or maybe she would like him to stop murdering human babies.

"Obama strongly criticized the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban. In the Illinois state Senate, he opposed a bill similar to the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, which prevents the killing of infants mistakenly left alive by abortion."

Michael Gerson - Obama's Abortion Extremism - washingtonpost.com
1) There's no such medical term as "partial-birth" abortion.

2) The bill he opposed would have made abortion illegal for all women, at any stage of pregnancy. The sponsors of the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act inserted a clause that would have outlawed all abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies