Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times

Advertisements

And fast. That's it. No more. The Republicans are willing to let this country go down in flames if it will guarantee Obama's failure and the rise again--in their gutless little minds--of the GOP. Obama needs to just cut them off. Period. And get on with business.

The New York Times > Log In
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 PM

220 posts, read 675,738 times
Krugman is nothing but a pure political operative, has as much merit as posting a piece written by Olberman or Coulter...

Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,850,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
And fast. That's it. No more. The Republicans are willing to let this country go down in flames if it will guarantee Obama's failure and the rise again--in their gutless little minds--of the GOP. Obama needs to just cut them off. Period. And get on with business.

I agree he should take his high approval rating verses their low approval rating and do what needs to be done to get us back where we belong. The right wing has invested roughly 67 years to try destroy Keynesian economic theory and you will notice that here. The fact is because economist like Krugman have been so much more accurate on how the economy will and has reacted to supply side or monetary economic policy.They can't stand that. Its telling them that everything they believe economically that they learned from Cato inst. and the like is a lie.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:

So right on the money. The Neo con Republicans are in the toilet and someone needs to flush them down. Obama is far from stupid. I'm sure he knows what he is doing. He didn't overcome all obstacles and get where he is today without being sharp and making wise decsions. I just saw him on Nightline and he explained that he feels best when he is among the American people and it keeps him grounded as to why he became POTUS. He was asked about the partisanship and that maybe he has been too nice...his response was that he was accused of that a few years ago, but now he is flying out on Air Force One. I think that he is letting the Republicans in Washington dig their own grave and all the while keeping his cool and calm demeanor.

Yes, they are out to destroy him and any of the good that he intends to do. I've said this before and I'll say it again...they are in their death throws so they are writhing around and convulsing. To hell with them and the sooner the better!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:19 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Yes, we all need to listen to this man who has a press conference and lowers the stock market. Get real.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:21 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
While I agree that the spending on necessary things like school construction and local services should not have been cut working with the Republicans is the only way to achieve things at least for now. Republicans lost precisely because they railroaded their own manure through congress when they ran the show and did not have honest debate. The result was a lot of crap policy. Working with the Republicans allows legislation to undergo debate and examination and is quite frankly necessary especially when Republicans can still filibuster. I think Obama is right when he talks about having real and spirited debate on issues with many points of view represented. Cutting the Republicans off will just create resentment, bitterness and hostility. I am sure no one wants their country to go down in flames with the exeception of a select few CD posters and I think its about time we had an honest dialogue on issues in this country. If Republicans do want to be obstructionist America will see that and vote them out of office in 2010 if Democrats do cut off Republicans and railroad undebated, draft policies through without any real imput from people who may disagree they could very well be the ones to lose in 2010. Fortunatly Obama isn't doing that.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So right on the money. The Neo con Republicans are in the toilet and someone needs to flush them down. Obama is far from stupid. I'm sure he knows what he is doing. He didn't overcome all obstacles and get where he is today without being sharp and making wise decsions. I just saw him on Nightline and he explained that he feels best when he is among the American people and it keeps him grounded as to why he became POTUS. He was asked about the partisanship and that maybe he has been too nice...his response was that he was accused of that a few years ago, but now he is flying out on Air Force One. I think that he is letting the Republicans in Washington dig their own grave and all the while keeping his cool and calm demeanor.

Yes, they are out to destroy him and any of the good that he intends to do. I've said this before and I'll say it again...they are in their death throws so they are writhing around and convulsing. To hell with them and the sooner the better!
You may be right. It's a gamble, though. They were poised to lose after the last 4 years, but they overshot their aim during the campaign (with McCain's silly antics and his pick of Palin) and guaranteed it. Nobody trusts them now. It may be that Obama is just letting them finish themselves off for good. I hope so.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Yes, we all need to listen to this man who has a press conference and lowers the stock market. Get real.
Yes, we do. The stock market being high is no indication of a healthy economy. Obviously.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:28 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Yes, we do. The stock market being high is no indication of a healthy economy. Obviously.
No not obviously. You need a reality check.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
No not obviously. You need a reality check.
A well-performing stock market is not the most reliable indicator of a healthy economy. It isn't. You can argue otherwise, but you would be wrong.

In any case, it doesn't matter what Obama does or will do: You've made it abundantly clear for months now that he's not white enough for you. Newsflash: He will always be black. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies