Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
I'm glad that Obama is keeping with the Bush Doctrine and continuing to kill the terrorists! Obama is sneaky, he talks like he is against the War on Terror, but in reality, it looks like he is doing the same thing that Bush was doing.
Once again Obama's critics seek the outer bounds of credulity.

After Bush, McCain the Repug criticism for stating that he would conduct strikes inside Pakistan in Obama Aug 1, 2007, find truly bizarre that his critics appear surprised that he is doing exactly what he stated he would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 03:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Did congress have any sayso about this act of war? It is illegal for a president to go to war on his own without approval from congress.
You mean like:

The Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (Pub.L. 107-40, 115 Stat. 224, enacted September 18, 2001)

Old 02-14-2009, 03:39 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You mean like:

The Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (Pub.L. 107-40, 115 Stat. 224, enacted September 18, 2001)
If that covers it, that is exactly what I mean. I didn't know congress had authorized anything except the Iraq war. Thank you for clearing that up.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:43 PM

425 posts, read 665,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Hardly. The Predators are launched from a base in Pakistan.
Well, we know even more about these Predators being in Pakistan now that big-mouthed Feinstein blabbed!

She needs to be removed from the Intelligence Committee yesterday

Old 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
A suspected U.S. missile strike by a drone aircraft flattened a militant hide-out in northwestern Pakistan on Saturday, killing 27 local and foreign insurgents, intelligence officials said.

The new U.S. administration has brushed off Pakistani criticism that the missile strikes fuel religious extremism and boost anti-American sentiment in the Islamic world's only nuclear-armed nation.

Missile strike in Pakistan kills 27 - Pakistan - msnbc.com

I'm glad that Obama is keeping with the Bush Doctrine and continuing to kill the terrorists! Obama is sneaky, he talks like he is against the War on Terror, but in reality, it looks like he is doing the same thing that Bush was doing.
Actually, if you listened to Obama throughout his campaign, he was always very much in favor of military action against terrorists in collaboration with diplomacy in engaging nations involved.

People who got their info about him through right wing pundits have a very skewed perception of Obama. There's a reason he slowly won over a majority of the country. He repeatedly pledged in his campaign to pursue terrorism and Bin Laden and he is in a very reasonable manner.

Don't confuse the war on terror with the war on Iraq.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:51 PM

799 posts, read 1,445,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Actually, if you listened to Obama throughout his campaign, he was always very much in favor of military action against terrorists. People who got their info about him through right wing pundits have a very skewed perception of Obama. There's a reason he slowly won over a majority of the country. He pledged in his campaign to pursue them and he is in a very reasonable manner.

Don't confuse the war on terror with the war on Iraq.

"If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will," Obama said. - Aug 1, 2007

Tough talk on Pakistan from Obama | U.S. | Reuters

You're right. He has held that position for a long time.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:05 PM

492 posts, read 962,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If memory serves during Obamas campaign he said he was going to focus on terrorism where it actually resided, NOT in Iraq. He spoke of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Maybe he will actually be the one to find Osama.
When does the bombing of congress begin?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:12 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
No, Obama has always stated that his administration will work to fight terrorism. And he has repeatedly stated that his focus will be on Afghanistan and Pakistan. The difference is that he will fight them legally.
Oh, really? And Bush fought illegally? How so?

(I really get weary of this mantra from the left)

Old 02-14-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I believe he is protecting the country; our country. I am glad to see he has the guts to do so.
Ri.....ght. But Bush wasn't, right? Bush was just being a "cowboy"

Old 02-14-2009, 04:17 PM

Default Double standard

Ya know (Palin speak, and I did it for the benefit of you Palin haters), I knew it would be this way. Obama Messiah can do no wrong. He's "defending the country". Give me a break! And what was Bush doing?

Idiots! They are all IDOTS!!!!

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 02-14-2009 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies