Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:23 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,029 times

Advertisements

A suspected U.S. missile strike by a drone aircraft flattened a militant hide-out in northwestern Pakistan on Saturday, killing 27 local and foreign insurgents, intelligence officials said.

The new U.S. administration has brushed off Pakistani criticism that the missile strikes fuel religious extremism and boost anti-American sentiment in the Islamic world's only nuclear-armed nation.

Missile strike in Pakistan kills 27 - Pakistan - msnbc.com

I'm glad that Obama is keeping with the Bush Doctrine and continuing to kill the terrorists! Obama is sneaky, he talks like he is against the War on Terror, but in reality, it looks like he is doing the same thing that Bush was doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
A suspected U.S. missile strike by a drone aircraft flattened a militant hide-out in northwestern Pakistan on Saturday, killing 27 local and foreign insurgents, intelligence officials said.

The new U.S. administration has brushed off Pakistani criticism that the missile strikes fuel religious extremism and boost anti-American sentiment in the Islamic world's only nuclear-armed nation.

Missile strike in Pakistan kills 27 - Pakistan - msnbc.com

I'm glad that Obama is keeping with the Bush Doctrine and continuing to kill the terrorists! Obama is sneaky, he talks like he is against the War on Terror, but in reality, it looks like he is doing the same thing that Bush was doing.
No, Obama has always stated that his administration will work to fight terrorism. And he has repeatedly stated that his focus will be on Afghanistan and Pakistan. The difference is that he will fight them legally.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
I don't think Obama is against the War on Terrorism. I just think he prefers diplomacy over immediate military action. If the man receives intelligence pointing to a major terrorist hideout which can be hit without causing civilian casualties, I would expect him to pull the trigger. It's those attacks that put innocent lives in jeopardy that make me upset and I believe it is those types of attacks the president would like to avoid by using diplomacy. I think we are going to see him walk the line sort of in the middle, pulling the trigger when it is prudent to do so. We don't need a president who never pulls the trigger, but we also don't need one who pulls the trigger without ever thinking about the possibility of a diplomatic solution.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,175 times
When has he ever said he's "against the war on terror?" He was against the war in Iraq - which had very little, if anything, to do with terrorism against the U.S.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 AM

26,209 posts, read 49,017,880 times
From the same article: "Taliban fighters surrounded the compound targeted Saturday in the village of Shrawangai Nazarkhel and carried away the dead and wounded in several vehicles."

Should've launched a follow-up strike, in force.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:42 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
No, Obama has always stated that his administration will work to fight terrorism. And he has repeatedly stated that his focus will be on Afghanistan and Pakistan. The difference is that he will fight them legally.
Pakistan has denounced the attacks and stated that they did NOT authorize U.S. attacks on Pakistani soil!

Legally??? Pakistan said the Obama attacks were illegal.

So, care to change your comments?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:48 AM

20 posts, read 70,265 times
As Pakistan does little to take out the garbage I'm glad to see US doesn't fail to act.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM

340 posts, read 704,275 times
it is funny --- if we had never gone into Iraq - at lot of nut jobs would be screaming for us to get out of Afghanistan...this is not the place for 'ifs' - but some people will throw stones no matter the reason..

Old 02-14-2009, 11:27 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,857,650 times
Obama sends missles into a sovereign nation without their approval. WTF???

Obama IS George Bush II.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:43 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama sends missles into a sovereign nation without their approval. WTF???

Obama IS George Bush II.
Where do you get that he did it "without their approval"? They use Pakistani air bases for the launch, with Pakistani approval.

It's amazing how there is NOTHING Obama can do that you won't find something wrong with. Even if it means you have to ignore contrary evidence to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies