Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:47 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,371,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Apparently the load of crap was all in your mind...

"Obama, an Illinois senator, pressed Bush on the urgency of an assistance package during their Nov. 10 meeting at the White House, Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters this week.

Still, the Bush administration so far has opposed bailing out the carmakers, and continues to resist the idea of using the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the bank rescue which Congress passed in early October, for any companies other than banks"

Bloomberg.com: News

Its time for YOU Ken to go back to your make-believe world...
Yeah, RIGHT!

You presented NO evidence that Bush did it for Obama - only that Obama pushed for it. So what?

You presented NO PROOF that Bush changed his mind BECAUSE Obama asked him too - let alone evidence that Cheney pushed for it for that reason. Bush didn't want the problem to fall on HIS Presidency so he decided to grant the money so that Obama would "opportunity" to deal with the problem. Pure and simple - Bush passed the buck.

In any event all that is irrelevant. If you are the captain of the ship it's YOUR call to make. Trying to "blame" that decision on someone else because they "pushed" for it is nothing more than attempting to avoid responsibility. It was Bush's call. HE made the decision (with people from BOTH sides pushing their point of view).

He was President.
He made the call.
It was HIS choice.

Putting the blame on someone else because they pushed for it is a typical GOP cop-out - whining "Oh it wasn't HIS fault, he's just the President"

The party of NO Personal Responsibility strikes again.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Thats your excuse for failure? Its because we are holding Obama, accountable... wow... think of that, to hold the President accountable for what happens to the U.S especially when it deals with his policies..... oh my, such a strange concept... for you...
Hmmmmm.
Isn't that what YOU just tried to avoid for a decision BUSH made while BUSH was President?

LOL

Pot meet Kettle.

Ken

Old 02-15-2009, 11:59 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,892,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, RIGHT!

You presented NO evidence that Bush did it for Obama - only that Obama pushed for it. So what?

You presented NO PROOF that Bush changed his mind BECAUSE Obama asked him too - let alone evidence that Cheney pushed for it for that reason. Bush didn't want the problem to fall on HIS Presidency so he decided to grant the money so that Obama would "opportunity" to deal with the problem. Pure and simple - Bush passed the buck.

In any event all that is irrelevant. If you are the captain of the ship it's YOUR call to make. Trying to "blame" that decision on someone else because they "pushed" for it is nothing more than attempting to avoid responsibility. It was Bush's call. HE made the decision (with people from BOTH sides pushing their point of view).

He was President.
He made the call.
It was HIS choice.

Putting the blame on someone else because they pushed for it is a typical GOP cop-out - whining "Oh it wasn't HIS fault, he's just the President"

The party of NO Personal Responsibility strikes again.

Ken
Party of No Personal responsibility? What pray tell, party is that? Is it the party of entitlement/social programs? Well, Ken... that would your party, wouldn't it?

You must have blinders on to think Obama did "nothing" as you seem to think that is what he did... sorry, he didn't just sit around... he met and talked to Bush on many different occasions... and guess what... he pushed for it... Bush was against from the beginning and would not let up... I suppose Bush could be a bit stronger but we all know Bush is an idiot and pushover... Now one may wonder, why on Earth would Bush CHANGE his mind about the automaker bailout... by your logic, he did it spontaneously.... oh that's right it has nothing to do with the countless times that Obama has met with him and pushed for it... kettle meet make-believe world...

Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,510,606 times
Quote:
Thats your excuse for failure? Its because we are holding Obama, accountable... wow... think of that, to hold the President accountable for what happens to the U.S especially when it deals with his policies..... oh my, such a strange concept... for you...
Any words of advice for the families that depend on those three million jobs that you're so anxious to wipe out? Any idea whether the bailout bill REQUIRED the recipient companies to come up with plans for dramatic restructuring? And you do know what a bridge LOAN is, right? It's money LENT to keep someone else from collapsing right now, so they have time to figure out a plan to see what it is they really need to do later...even if that ends up being collapsing.

All in all, this is just another oh so lame pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey thread that doesn't pay any attention at all to the realities of the situation...

Old 02-15-2009, 12:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,108,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Any idea whether the bailout bill REQUIRED the recipient companies to come up with plans for dramatic restructuring?
Stop asking difficult questions, you are liable to cause some folks to have an aneurysm.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Bush was against from the beginning and would not let up... I suppose Bush could be a bit stronger but we all know Bush is an idiot and pushover... Now one may wonder, why on Earth would Bush CHANGE his mind about the automaker bailout... by your logic, he did it spontaneously.... oh that's right it has nothing to do with the countless times that Obama has met with him and pushed for it... kettle meet make-believe world...
If your thesis were within a thousand yards of being correct, all Bush would have had to do was throw up his hands and say, gee, you know I'd love to help out here, Barack old buddy, but my hands are tied. The TARP legislation restricts the money to financial institutions. I can't go giving money to any automobile companies. But that's not what he did. Instead he initiated the legally questionable step of issuing an executive order giving himself the emergency power to use TARP funds for anything that he personally deemed to be necessary to avert a financial crisis. Seems like some of that there personal deeming must have gone on, because the funds went out the door...

Old 02-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Stop asking difficult questions, you are liable to cause some folks to have an aneurysm.
My apologies. I hope that sound I just heard wasn't another exploding head...

Old 02-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Any words of advice for the families that depend on those three million jobs that you're so anxious to wipe out? Any idea whether the bailout bill REQUIRED the recipient companies to come up with plans for dramatic restructuring? And you do know what a bridge LOAN is, right? It's money LENT to keep someone else from collapsing right now, so they have time to figure out a plan to see what it is they really need to do later...even if that ends up being collapsing.
Here is an idea... maybe it will surprise some of your liberal thinking... if 5000 people loss jobs in manufacturing... increasing 5000 jobs in engineering does not help... If you want to help then you make a stimulus bill that recoups 5000 more manufacturing jobs... I know... I see the problem and I fix it... I don't generalize it and say "make more jobs", what jobs are you making and can you employ those that lost their jobs... I take that approach rather than throwing money at the problem... yes, bridge loans are fine... except when taxpayers are doing it... and when most of the taxpayers say "NO", guess what? DO NOT DO IT... I don't mind you doing it as long as your boss agrees to it... and taxpayers are the boss...

Quote:
All in all, this is just another oh so lame pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey thread that doesn't pay any attention at all to the realities of the situation...
Sorry I understand the realities and propose real solution instead of make-up solutions that has no merit in it at all...

Old 02-15-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
If your thesis were within a thousand yards of being correct, all Bush would have had to do was throw up his hands and say, gee, you know I'd love to help out here, Barack old buddy, but my hands are tied. The TARP legislation restricts the money to financial institutions. I can't go giving money to any automobile companies. But that's not what he did. Instead he initiated the legally questionable step of issuing an executive order giving himself the emergency power to use TARP funds for anything that he personally deemed to be necessary to avert a financial crisis. Seems like some of that there personal deeming must have gone on, because the funds went out the door...
Right and Obama didn't say or doing anything during that time... Bush just spontaneously changed his mind even though his advisers at the beginning were all against it... right spontaneously... keep believing the dream...

Old 02-15-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Right and Obama didn't say or doing anything during that time... Bush just spontaneously changed his mind even though his advisers at the beginning were all against it... right spontaneously... keep believing the dream...
It DOESN'T matter what Obama pushed for. Plenty of other folks pushed Bush from the other side as well.
In the end it was Bush's call to make - and he made as HE saw fit.
He didn't WANT to ask for the bank bailout money either - but he DID. In fact, he was the one who proposed it to Congress.

So it doesn't matter how much you try and weasel out of it.
BUSH made those calls.
BUSH
B....U....S....H
BUSH
That's why he had the top job - so he can make the tough calls.
You trying to snake his way out of responsibility notwithstanding.
Again, more dodging from the Party of No Responsibility.
How typical

Tell me again who was President at the time?

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 02-15-2009 at 12:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies