Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:21 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,647,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestroyedlife View Post
didnt see it but nice to see them bashing the Republicans, I hope America sees them for the corrupt pigs they are, but sadly most of this country is brainwashed by Christianity and subconciously wants to see the destruction of America
Then you must not be paying attention-thats ALL they do. And as far as "Corrupt pigs"...take a look at NObama's cabinet..nothing but greedy corrupt, selfish, scandalous PIGS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,266,972 times
The bit about who was smarter, Rush or Hannity, was hilarious. Also, the point made about Obama actually answering questions in detail. A thread posted on Entertainment Forum questioned whether the Obama girls should have been used in the skit. I think it was okay.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,102,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Then you must not be paying attention-thats ALL they do. And as far as "Corrupt pigs"...take a look at NObama's cabinet..nothing but greedy corrupt, selfish, scandalous PIGS!
Every single member? Really?

You and your ilk are exactly the sorts that are being mocked in skits like these.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:00 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,222,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Thanks for posting that was hilarious. The part about the taxpayer footing the bill for the wear and tear on the carpet reminds of a thread complaning about the cost of valentines dinner!r.
that is exactly what I was thinking!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Every single member? Really?

You and your ilk are exactly the sorts that are being mocked in skits like these.
No, me and my "ilk" are tired of liberal scum who think they are above reproach all the while not showing 1 ounce of the tolerance you shove down our throats on a daily basis.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:22 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,097,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
The bit about who was smarter, Rush or Hannity, was hilarious. Also, the point made about Obama actually answering questions in detail. A thread posted on Entertainment Forum questioned whether the Obama girls should have been used in the skit. I think it was okay.
Interesting you must not be ADHD since you are able to focus and stay on topic. Even a related stretch of the topic is certainly ok. Christianity now that is ADHD behavior to pull that our of your rear.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM

594 posts, read 1,045,463 times
SNL was better when it wasn't so blatantly partisan. It gets old. That's why MadTV was 100x funnier than SNL has been in years.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:42 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,102,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No, me and my "ilk" are tired of liberal scum who think they are above reproach all the while not showing 1 ounce of the tolerance you shove down our throats on a daily basis.
And calling those with a different political leaning than your own 'scum' is somehow acceptable in your world?

You are engaging in the sort of hyperbole that makes people just roll their eyes and ignore whatever point you may have. It is one thing to state "I dislike such and such member of the Obama cabinet, I differ from his political views, and really now, he ought to be paying his taxes, there really isn't an excuse for that" and dismissing the entire cabinet as 'pigs'.

To do the former is to express reasonable dissent, is to be expected, and encouraged (nobody is above reproach) to do the latter just makes you appear to be foaming at the virtual mouth.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:23 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,097,059 times
SNL Republican Meeting Mocked In Opening Skit, Dan Aykroyd Guest Stars (VIDEO)

For those who forgot the OP of the thread. It must be hitting a nerve as there seems to be an effort to create a smear war so the thread is closed and others don't see it.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
And calling those with a different political leaning than your own 'scum' is somehow acceptable in your world?

You are engaging in the sort of hyperbole that makes people just roll their eyes and ignore whatever point you may have. It is one thing to state "I dislike such and such member of the Obama cabinet, I differ from his political views, and really now, he ought to be paying his taxes, there really isn't an excuse for that" and dismissing the entire cabinet as 'pigs'.

To do the former is to express reasonable dissent, is to be expected, and encouraged (nobody is above reproach) to do the latter just makes you appear to be foaming at the virtual mouth.
show me where i said "THE ENTIRE CABINET". I didnt, nor did i single out any one person or all liberals. So dont try to close this thread because of a general statement i made and pony it up as some kind of personal attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies