Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Vietnam vets forgive Jane Fonda?
Yes 30 23.62%
No 88 69.29%
Other 6 4.72%
Not Sure 3 2.36%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 03:27 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times

Advertisements

The Vets are all individual people who can chose to forgive or not forgive. Why would this be the business of anyone else? Especially not someone who has never spent a day, much less years, in a cold wet cell eating rat soup getting beat....while Miss Hollywood is making buddies with the enemy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 03:30 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Say it? No. Implied it? Most certainly.

With every post you make. You and yours listen only to those with a similar bias to your own, discounting anything else as hate and warmongering. Any with a different opinion just have to be wronghead and unable to see the light. One definition of bigotry and hate.
There was no other source presented. Nononsenseguy attacked my source, I refuted his assertion that wikipedia is completely unreliable. Not sure how much room I had to imply something there. If he, or you for that matter, were to post a credible source (wikipedia included), with actual evidence of John Kerry's misconduct in Vietnam, I would read it. As it is, most of the sources you could possibly post are similar in tone to Dr. Orly Taitz's anti-Obama site. The rantings of a deranged lunatic can hardly be compared to multiple articles about a given topic. The SBV for "truth" have been tried by the court of public opinion and been found wanting. Their lies have fooled only those who want to be fooled, mainly those who voted for George Bush. The Swift Boat Veterans for "Truth" are liars and cowards who will not be viewed kindly through the lens of history.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:48 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
The Vets are all individual people who can chose to forgive or not forgive. Why would this be the business of anyone else? Especially not someone who has never spent a day, much less years, in a cold wet cell eating rat soup getting beat....while Miss Hollywood is making buddies with the enemy?
Great answer.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Well, I know my Dad never "forgave" Jane Fonda for her brand of expression. My senior year of high school I had a Civics teacher who graduated from UC Berserkley that was requiring our class to watch Jane Fonda in "Coming Home" as a class project in studying Viet Nam. I refused to participate because of what my Father had told me of ol' Jane's actions of the period and because of what I had witnessed as a youngster when Dad came back from his last tour in 69. I was told I would watch the movie and participate in the project or recieve an F for the quarter. I wouldn't do it. Long story short we ended up coming up with an alternate assignment for me. I had to write a report on what I thought went wrong in Viet Nam. That I was willing to do. I will not watch ANYTHING with that woman in it to this day. Lol, the things my Dad said about her are not fit to repeat in this venue. But they are ...colorful, to say the least.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:55 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,004 times
I'll just second this guy's answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a Viet-nam veteran (Riverine Forces 66-67) of the same outfit that Kerry served in. I met him and his crew several times during his campaign. I respect them and Senator Kerry. I despise the SBVT as liars, cowards and frauds. Kerry did not commit Treason. If I had any medals I would have tossed them with him.

I have forgiven Jane Fonda four decades ago. She had an opinion and spoke her mind. I am still having some trouble forgiving my self for some of the s*** in 'Nam.

BTW - for the record PCM which shooting wars have you been in? When, where, how long?

Old 02-26-2009, 12:54 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
There was no other source presented. Nononsenseguy attacked my source, I refuted his assertion that wikipedia is completely unreliable. Not sure how much room I had to imply something there. If he, or you for that matter, were to post a credible source (wikipedia included), with actual evidence of John Kerry's misconduct in Vietnam, I would read it. As it is, most of the sources you could possibly post are similar in tone to Dr. Orly Taitz's anti-Obama site. The rantings of a deranged lunatic can hardly be compared to multiple articles about a given topic. The SBV for "truth" have been tried by the court of public opinion and been found wanting. Their lies have fooled only those who want to be fooled, mainly those who voted for George Bush. The Swift Boat Veterans for "Truth" are liars and cowards who will not be viewed kindly through the lens of history.

Any, repeat, any source that differs from you point of view, you would label as biased and untruthful. So why bother? You have already labeled those that were there as liars. Of course, that what those with no real facts and are liars themselves tend to do.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:18 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,874 times
Quote:
Any, repeat, any source that differs from you point of view, you would label as biased and untruthful. So why bother? You have already labeled those that were there as liars. Of course, that what those with no real facts and are liars themselves tend to do.
WHAT SOURCE?!?!?! I haven't been given another source to accept or reject so where are you getting this from? As long as a source is reasonably reliable and it isn't just a private website belonging to a ranting lunatic I'll be willing to consider the information that it provides and form an opinion. You are such a delusional weirdo. Come on, you clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about at this point you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Vet View Post
The one common thread that ties all of them together is tha FACT that the "women's rights" problems are a direct result of the Radical Islamists. The same "Radical Islamists" that the Iraqi people have been turning on in the last year or so and the same "Radical Islamists" that brought down the twin towers.
The same "radical Islamists" who were successfully and completely suppressed by Saddam Hussein, and who are only a problem in Iraq because of his absence.

Quote:
Iraq and Afghanistan (and Kosovo, thanks to Clinton) will never be "Democracies" They can never be anything more than an "Islamic Republic" (like Turkey) at best.
Turkey is not an "Islamic Republic". Its name is the Republic of Turkey and its Constitution does not refer to Islam in any way, shape or form.

Quote:
There is no such thing as "separation of church and state" in the Islamic world.
Bull-pucky. Turkey, as just mentioned, is a fully secular state, as is Albania (http://http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Albania - broken link), and as was Iraq under the Ba'ath Party. Iraq no longer is. Wonder what happened?

Quote:
Of course, none of this has any bearing on the selective indignation of Jane Fonda and the "Women's LIBrealization" movement.
If she was SO interested in the "rights" of women wouldn't she be screaming about the FACT that women are generally considered "property" in the Islamic world?
This thread has nothing to do with Jane Fonda's relationship to women's rights, and everything to do with her views and actions at the time of the Vietnam War. If you want to change the subject, start a new thread.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol, the things my Dad said about her are not fit to repeat in this venue. But they are ...colorful, to say the least.
Hardly surprising. You know what they say about tossing pearls before swine.

Last edited by djacques; 02-27-2009 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Any, repeat, any source that differs from you point of view, you would label as biased and untruthful.
This is projection to the millionth power. You labelled tango's sources as unreliable. She hasn't, because you have provided no sources. Unless you think the Swift Boat ads are supposed to serve as documentation for themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies