Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:31 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Well, I figured he just left out that little detail about the Bush tax cuts expiring. Well I have news for America, those expiring cuts will effect everyone making over 30K. So while people are figuring out what to do with their $13 a week that Obama is giving them for the "Obama tax cuts", maybe they should save it for when the Bush tax cuts expire

Thanks for not attacking me or being rude. The cheerleaders must still be sleeping. It's too early for them.
still waiting to see the proof. I think the point of this thread is not this, but that the OP makes a lot of money, and doesn't like to pay taxes.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Re rich people being rich because they work hard: A lot of people work hard and don't get rich. My husband has a masters degree, works hard, and makes $75K. I am a college grad, have a professional certification, and the most I ever made was $49K ( I'm a stay at home mom now). Not everyone who works hard gets rich, and the rest of us are tired of hearing it. It implies that we do not work hard, which is not the case.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:38 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Then where does the $15k a month go if you have no mortgage or car payment? $15k a month and taking out loans for taxes is crazy, without debt you should have that banked. Figure out how much you will owe, figure out how much is taken out of your check, and adjust your W-2. No one here is going to cry tears for you about taxes because you can't manage your $15k a month.

Well just because I don't have a mortgage doesn't mean I am on the street. I have rent and I have 2 car payments. I never said I didn' t have car payments. I am not asking one to cry for me.

Plannie, I am not pushing my "agenda". It is what it is and I don't care if people believe me.

RBK0350~ Well now we pay quarterly. We also file seperate. It helps paying quarterly. The first year we did our taxes after we got married I was in a panic. The next year was worse. 3 yrs in a row we took loans and fired the IRS agent/accountant we had.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:41 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,516 times
This topic has gone way off the original topic about the tax issues to all about Jenny's finances...

So I am going to go ahead an close this thread...

Thank you to those of you who posted and tried to stay on topic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies