Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:09 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
hard right does not get it. mr obama is president of the united states stop posting violent hate stuff on CDF. you are crossing the line. stop it.

??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 01:47 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav
Sounds like something out of the old soviet union to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Doesn't it though. Nazi Germany here we come!

This is totally out of line and an absolute abuse of power.
See post #10

Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You have got to be kidding me!

I hope he gets a ton of money for this one!

This is totally out of line and inexcusable!

The waste of the Secret service time and tax payer money!

Did they ever go after anyone who has spewed venom against Bush? I should say not!

Man Pulled Over By Cops, Visited By Secret Service Over Anti-Obama Sign

Exercising First Amendment could be “construed as a threat”

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Thursday, Feb 19th, 2009

An Oklahoma City man was pulled over by police and later visited at home by the secret service for displaying an anti-Obama sign.

According to a report in The Oklahoman, the sign, which read “Abort Obama Not the Unborn,” was seized from motorist Chip Harrison’s car by police officers who cited it as a possible “threat against President Obama”.

A lieutenant supervisor later called Mr Harrison to inform him that the Secret Service had been contacted on the matter.

When Mr Harrison returned home he found secret service agents waiting for him.

”When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren’t going to ransack my house or anything … they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn’t a part of any hate groups.” Harrison is quoted as saying.

The agents interviewed Mr Harrison for 30 minutes and then left, deeming him not to be a threat.

The police returned the sign to Mr Harrison and admitted that it was a violation of his constitutional rights to have taken it, as police spokesman Steve McCool explains in the following video:

Man Pulled Over By Cops, Visited By Secret Service Over Anti-Obama Sign
sounds like something Woodrow Wilson did to many people who were outspoken about WWI, thousands were in prisoned for saying things.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I was talking on the phone with a friend about current times and he went into some rant about Obama. I had to stop him very quickly as he didn't know we are a nation under surveillance.

Civilian Inmate Labor Program
Thanks to Bush's Patriot Act.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:14 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
May I weigh in on this. I happen to be a retired officer from the OKC area and still have friends on this force.
The rank and file are very angry at this officer.The administration is livid. The union will not represent him.
He is a black gay police officer who abused his badge, his uniform and the citizens of OK CIty.
Folks,
rad my post before you complain about JBT's

Old 03-01-2009, 06:20 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
no warrant to search the home, then they can stay the hell out, and if they had wanted to talk to me, contact my attorney 1st. until then they can get out of my home.

plus the fact I do not think they would like me having a firearm on my hip (open carry)whenever I am at home.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
You are allowed to say you don't like the president. You are not allowed to threaten his life and they take all threats serious and the one mentioned in this thread, while unlikely that the man was serious, is borderline. The exact same thing happened all the time under Bush, you just didn't take notice.

strange, abortion by those of the pro choice crowd have never been considered as murder, so having him say "abort obama" on his sign should have never been construde as a crime.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
hard right does not get it. mr obama is president of the united states stop posting violent hate stuff on CDF. you are crossing the line. stop it.

so now anyone of the right cannot use their free speech against a president they do not like, the liberals were very vocal about bush and their hatred of him during his reign.

how hypocritical of everyone to deny anyone of their 1st Amendment rights.

guess the Constitution only matters when the president is not a liberal.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:25 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
so now anyone of the right cannot use their free speech against a president they do not like, the liberals were very vocal about bush and their hatred of him during his reign.

No, if you do some quick google searches (I'm not going to do the work for you) you will see the exact same thing to people that commented in such a way about Bush. The man was pulled over and visited, he wasn't arrested, it ended there. Why is this any different than someone making a sly comment about terrorism getting a visit by police? Now THAT does happen all the time.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:30 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post

Unquestionably. Jeff and Nicole Rank did nothing wrong.

firstamendmentcenter.org: news (http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=14041 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies